U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2013, 05:17 AM

21,193 posts, read 30,379,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbiggs View Post
Besides him being a big goofy metrosexual who parades around in Uggs, dancing horribly at Carnaval, that many fans have a disturbingly homo-erotic admiration for all while the media crams him down our throat as this revoltingly annoying All-American guy "TOM TERRIFIC!"?
Then on the other hand there are the haters with a major case of penis envy, which many find just as annoying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2013, 06:34 AM

2,999 posts, read 3,157,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I will never understand why is Tom Brady such a hated man.
Easy answer..........jealousy.

Old 01-18-2013, 06:41 AM

5,223 posts, read 5,095,359 times
Quote:
I wouldn't mind seeing either team win the game. I am not rooting for anyone because I would like to see

1. Ray Lewis retire with a ring

OR

2. Tom Brady get his 4th ring

If the Niners somehow win it all I will be extremely frustrated

I think you mean:

1. Ray Lewis retire with his 2nd ring.

Old 01-18-2013, 07:38 AM

2,946 posts, read 4,878,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
Easy answer..........jealousy.
Same reason why so many people used to hate the Cowboys so much in the 70`s & 80`s. They were in the playoffs and the SB all of the time. So if you were a Dallas fan, you loved them. If you weren`t, you hated them. There really wasn`t a middle ground.

Kind of the same with the Patriots. They have been really good the past decade. So with winning comes confidence and a certain sense of arrogance with their fans. Brady has confidence and expects to be in the playoffs every year. If they are your team, you obviously love them. If they aren`t, you hate them. I`m not a Pats fan, but I have no problem with Brady. I think he`s the best QB in the league and has been for the past decade. However, I can`t stand Belichek. To me, he just comes across as an arrogant grumpy old man who is never happy.

I think for most people, it`s not necessarily the teams they don`t like, it`s the team`s fans that get arrogant once their team starts winning. You barely hear a peep out of fans of losing teams, but as soon as that team has some success, the fans start coming out of the woodwork bragging about how great they are. I remember when noone gave the Patriots a second thought. They were always at the bottom of the standings. But hey, that is what makes sports fun to watch!

Old 01-18-2013, 08:02 AM

2,999 posts, read 3,157,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
You barely hear a peep out of fans of losing teams, but as soon as that team has some success, the fans start coming out of the woodwork bragging about how great they are. I remember when none gave the Patriots a second thought. They were always at the bottom of the standings. But hey, that is what makes sports fun to watch!
Been a fan since '93, so my run with this team has been pretty damn good for the past 20 years. I do remember them being called the Patsies though , as people often told me it must be hard being a Patsies fan.........well that was some time ago. GO PATS!!!!!

Old 01-18-2013, 09:19 AM

9,114 posts, read 15,674,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
Been a fan since '93, so my run with this team has been pretty damn good for the past 20 years. I do remember them being called the Patsies though , as people often told me it must be hard being a Patsies fan.........well that was some time ago. GO PATS!!!!!
The Patriots were a laughing stock for many many years....remember watching Steve Grogan back in the day...good QB but played on some horrible teams.....

I do respect fans who stick w/their teams through the bad times.....good for them that they've had so much success..obv the Kraft formula has worked....

Old 01-18-2013, 11:29 AM

3,723 posts, read 3,880,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbiggs View Post
Besides him being a big goofy metrosexual who parades around in Uggs, dancing horribly at Carnaval, that many fans have a disturbingly homo-erotic admiration for all while the media crams him down our throat as this revoltingly annoying All-American guy "TOM TERRIFIC!"?
I would assume almost anyone would gladly endorse Uggs if they were getting paid the Millions Brady is for his deal. I think he is getting something like $8 Million. Not bad if you ask me.

Quote:
I will never understand why is Tom Brady such a hated man.
Anytime you're at, or near the top of your sport, the person or team become very polarizing.

Old 01-18-2013, 11:30 AM

10,835 posts, read 14,856,598 times
Baltimore beat them 31-30 on September 23rd.
Belichick doesn't like to lose, and gets revenge.

Baltimore is only 5-4 on the road and only averaging 20 points.
They won't out score NE.

Assuming NE wins, nice Super Bowl vs. Atlanta or S.F.

Old 01-18-2013, 01:48 PM

5,288 posts, read 6,364,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post

Anytime you're at, or near the top of your sport, the person or team become very polarizing.
Well said. I guess the only exception I can think of is Tim Duncan, but people do complain about him being 'boring.'

Old 01-18-2013, 05:53 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,313,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
I would assume almost anyone would gladly endorse Uggs if they were getting paid the Millions Brady is for his deal. I think he is getting something like $8 Million. Not bad if you ask me.

Brady seems to be hated the most in the NYC, Philly, and Baltimore area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or