U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 08:14 PM

13,343 posts, read 17,392,796 times

Advertisements

Haha ... Shannon Sharpe calling out Bill Bellicheck for not talking to the media after the loss.
"You make it real easy for people to root against you." Right on, Shannon!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2013, 08:17 PM

9,114 posts, read 15,666,769 times
Wow, what a 2nd half by the Ravens!

Just a couple quick thoughts on the game while its fresh...

The OC is a genius for Baltimore. Once Flacco went out of the gun and passed like heck in the 3rd Quarter, and they had that long drive, that's when the momentum changed.

The 1st half the Ravens couldn't really get anything going to well...Phil Simms called it brilliantly, he said everything was just very hard for the Ravens in the 1st half...

The Defense of the Ravens hits extremely hard....however that hit on Pitta by Mayo was jarring.....

Old 01-20-2013, 08:19 PM

22,848 posts, read 19,282,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
Haha ... Shannon Sharpe calling out Bill Bellicheck for not talking to the media after the loss.
"You make it real easy for people to root against you." Right on, Shannon!
Belichick has to do "The 5th Quarter" for one of our local stations right after the game. No time for the media before.

Shannon's just po'ed because he called the Pats to win on NFL Today. Sour grapes.

Old 01-20-2013, 08:25 PM

2,716 posts, read 2,612,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Belichick has to do "The 5th Quarter" for one of our local stations right after the game. No time for the media before.

Shannon's just po'ed because he called the Pats to win on NFL Today. Sour grapes.
Patriots were 9-10 point favorites.. Probably everyone not a Ravens fan thought that the Pats would win. Even I had my doubts.

Flacco just proved he is the real deal. 2 Straight 3 TD 0 Int games.

Old 01-20-2013, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
Patriots were 9-10 point favorites.. Probably everyone not a Ravens fan thought that the Pats would win. Even I had my doubts.

I had my doubts we would win. Too much choking going on the past few years.

Old 01-20-2013, 08:28 PM

2,223 posts, read 2,993,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonHellLights View Post
Goofy? Never saw him that way, he's pretty mellow, very humble.mod edit-2 sentences deleted) Tom Brady is pretty much a saint as far as NFL QBs go. He's a family man. Every coach and player that has had a relationship with him has nothing but positive things to say about the guy. He's a leader and an extremely hard worker. You must just be a fan of a team he's gotten the better of or hasn't had the success of the Brady-era Patriot teams, or you don't just like a winner. The guy was a Hall Of Famer more than half a decade ago and continues to play at the highest level, where are Peyton Manning and Aaron Rodgers, the guys with the most commercials now? Or newcomer RG3 with a subway ad every 5 mins, they're all eliminated. If your a fan of football you should be a fan of Tom Brady, the guy is a classy professional who is one of the greatest players ever, he does things the right way.
I don't have to be a fan of a damn thing and don't you try and tell me otherwise. Screw Brady, loved watching him lose.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 01-20-2013 at 09:22 PM..

Old 01-20-2013, 08:29 PM

1,047 posts, read 1,315,108 times
Official 2012 AFC Playoffs Thread-image.jpg

Old 01-20-2013, 08:30 PM

9,114 posts, read 15,666,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post

I am NOT a Ravens or Pats fan and definitely thought the Ravens could win just by the way they played in the 2011 AFC Championship.

The line on the Pats opened at 10 and went down to 8 points by kickoff....

There were MANY people who thought it would be a close game (and prob thought the Ravens could win outright)

Are there anymore Raven/Flacco doubters out there anymore...?

Bueller? Hello?

Old 01-20-2013, 09:02 PM

16,521 posts, read 20,961,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post

I looked at the Patriots website and tamiznluv is right. According to the Patriot web site:

"WBZ- and TV-38 broadcasts "The 5th quarter" after every Patriot game. The show is done by WBZ sports reporter Steve Burton along with Scott Zolak and Steve DeOssie. It includes live coverage of the Patriot post game press conference with Bill Belichik and Tom Brady."

Old 01-20-2013, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
I looked at the Patriots website and tamiznluv is right. According to the Patriot web site:

"WBZ- and TV-38 broadcasts "The 5th quarter" after every Patriot game. The show is done by WBZ sports reporter Steve Burton along with Scott Zolak and Steve DeOssie. It includes live coverage of the Patriot post game press conference with Bill Belichik and Tom Brady."
Thanks, HH. Steve Burton is the son of the late Ron Burton of the Patriots. We seem to be a very tightly knit group up here in the Boston area.

The only game Belichik does not head for the 5th Quarter is after a Super Bowl win. Sad to say, that is getting to be a long time ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or