U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-21-2013, 08:51 AM
 
Location: SWFL
22,882 posts, read 19,320,177 times
Reputation: 21343

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
I thought the Pats were still in it, thinking they could come back but Ravens were really in it to win it. I feel like they fought harder, and wanted it more.
Nah, Brady had his "Bledsoe" look on his face so I knew they were out of it. They just weren't up to the vengence the Ravens had in their minds. They played poorly the 2nd half, that's all there is to it. It was like a switch had been turned off. They all choked. Wish I could fall flat on my face (no pun intended) at work and still make milllions.

It WAS a good game (until the 2nd half) and the better team won through persistence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-21-2013, 09:28 AM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,338,473 times
Reputation: 9451
Whether they are sore losers or not, the Ravens still deserve a lot of credit since they were able to come right back to New England one year later after being knocked out last year in the AFC Championship

That takes a lot a determination and they have to receive credit for that accomplishment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2013, 09:30 AM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,338,473 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Nah, Brady had his "Bledsoe" look on his face so I knew they were out of it. They just weren't up to the vengence the Ravens had in their minds. They played poorly the 2nd half, that's all there is to it. It was like a switch had been turned off. They all choked. Wish I could fall flat on my face (no pun intended) at work and still make milllions.

It WAS a good game (until the 2nd half) and the better team won through persistence.


Turning point of the game

"3rd down and the Pats up 13-7, if Welker doesn't drop the pass it's a 1st down and maybe the Pats go up 20-7,


Welker dropped it and they ended up getting no pts and changed the momentum which is why i think he should not be resigned next season
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2013, 09:39 AM
 
Location: the ass of nowhere (the midwest)
502 posts, read 606,114 times
Reputation: 461
Not making excuses for the loss, but it is sad that New England hasn't really been able to find/develop a genuine ace WR for Brady to connect with. Dink-n-dunk with Welker/Hernandez/Gronkowski just doesn't win them the big games against tougher defenses. Brandon Lloyd was definitely an upgrade over Branch, but this team could really do some damage if they had a Brandon Marshall to compliment Wes Welker.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2013, 09:45 AM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,338,473 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by fightforlove View Post
Not making excuses for the loss, but it is sad that New England hasn't really been able to find/develop a genuine ace WR for Brady to connect with. Dink-n-dunk with Welker/Hernandez/Gronkowski just doesn't win them the big games against tougher defenses. Brandon Lloyd was definitely an upgrade over Branch, but this team could really do some damage if they had a Brandon Marshall to compliment Wes Welker.

They had Randy Moss but it was the defense who failed them in the 2008 SB.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2013, 10:10 AM
 
Location: Beaver County
1,048 posts, read 1,316,759 times
Reputation: 878
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Apparently the Ravens are sore players also. I heard they are the 2nd most penalized team in the league. 3 personal fouls in one game! I don't think I saw that many all season from all the teams combined that played the Pats! John H calls that being a "selfish player". Why doesn't he levy big fat fines on the individual players when they do that? Personally, I think lots of football players are just plain old thugs who use the game as a legal way of hurting others. This is ALL teams, not just the Ravens. I never liked the Houston Oilers or the Oakland Raiders because they were "dirty players" back in my day. JMHO.
Yea it was just terrible how Ed let himself get swiped by Tom...terrible!

It is funny how this discussion of Baltimore making New England look mediocre becomes a discussion of Baltimore blaming people for their losses...followed by a discussion of Baltimore being dirty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2013, 10:23 AM
 
Location: SWFL
22,882 posts, read 19,320,177 times
Reputation: 21343
Quote:
Originally Posted by hinsey86 View Post
Yea it was just terrible how Ed let himself get swiped by Tom...terrible!

It is funny how this discussion of Baltimore making New England look mediocre becomes a discussion of Baltimore blaming people for their losses...followed by a discussion of Baltimore being dirty.
Because they ARE! Yet I have congratulated them how many times so far? I'm not being too kind to "my" team either. They just don't play dirty. Patriots of all generations have always been a team who does not play dirty. Then there are teams who don't know how to play "clean".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2013, 10:27 AM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,338,473 times
Reputation: 9451
It's getting harder and harder for me to watch the NFL because of bogus calls by the slimy refs.

What game was it when a defender was flagged for roughing the passer when he was just trying to knock down the ball?

The NFL just seems staged when refs keeps a drive alive
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2013, 10:56 AM
 
Location: Beaver County
1,048 posts, read 1,316,759 times
Reputation: 878
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Because they ARE! Yet I have congratulated them how many times so far? I'm not being too kind to "my" team either. They just don't play dirty. Patriots of all generations have always been a team who does not play dirty. Then there are teams who don't know how to play "clean".
And I think everyone has blinders on to some degree regarding their team. I guess you think it was okay your players were still fighting and hooping when your player was down or Tom swiping at Ed, or your guy running into the punt returner after he called for a fair catch?? Yet...the ravens get pointed at as being dirty in the game. There is dirty play every where. Just like when New England got busted for spy gate and NO for bounty gate. I am not naive enough to believe that every team has not done something similar....those teams may have been more organized or more sloppy with coverup. I think The Ravens simply are one of the best..if not the best at playing New England and It showed. Now the frustrating part is their crazy struggle with poor teams.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2013, 11:06 AM
 
Location: Wouldn't you like to know?
9,114 posts, read 15,678,820 times
Reputation: 3695
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
It's getting harder and harder for me to watch the NFL because of bogus calls by the slimy refs.

What game was it when a defender was flagged for roughing the passer when he was just trying to knock down the ball?

The NFL just seems staged when refs keeps a drive alive
I don't think its the refs fault honestly....

I think there are some "bad" rules right now that are causing uncertainty.

The defenseless receiver / personal foul rule comes to mind. How many times is this called in a game now where maybe it should'nt have been called and maybe the hit was just a great hit?

How about the hit from Pollard on Ridley? People have said he should've been flagged, but wasn't that a legal hit?

The NFL IMO needs to get some clarity on some of the rules (to take it out of the refs hands so to speak)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top