U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2012, 01:13 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,345,998 times

Advertisements

The weirdest playoff scenario for tomorrow is

If the Colts lose and Bengals win, both teams clinch a playoff spot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2012, 01:22 PM

10,701 posts, read 11,102,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
Well the Texans don't look like they will be facing teams with fire power until the championship game. In the division game they should be facing the Colts or Ravens or Steelers or Bengals. . In the championship game they most probably will be facing either the Broncos or the Pats. I think they can handle the Broncos. The pats, they need to do their research .

Anyway, I am hoping that the Texans make it the championship game, they have never made it before.
I think that a lot of Broncos fans are talking about the likelihood of a revenge tour shaping up in the playoffs this year. Let's say that the top three playoff seeds hold:

Texans: 14-2/13-3
Broncos: 13-3
Patriots: 12-4

Let's further say that the Patriots take care of business against #6, which I think is a safe assumption to make. That sets up the survivor of the #4/#5 game traveling to Houston. As of right now, that's one of the Ravens or Colts, neither of which will be able to handle Houston in Houston. This also sets up a Patriots @ Broncos matchup. Now the Broncos are not a lock for that win, but I do like their chances. The Patriots are simply not the same team away from their home field in the playoffs and you can bet that would be a most hostile environment for them in Denver. For the sake of discussion, let's say that the Broncos are able to win that game. This sets up a rematch against the Texans.

And for the sake of discussion, let's further say that the Falcons handle their business for the first time under Smith/Ryan and earn themselves a trip to the Super Bowl. Should the Broncos handle the Texans, they would have a chance to beat every team on their schedule this season. That would include a 13-3 record in the regular season, and a 3-0 record in the post season, avenging the three regular season losses.

This may be a long shot, but as a Broncos fan this is what I am hoping for. Of course, a Broncos win in the Super Bowl against any team would make me happy.

Old 12-22-2012, 05:18 PM

18,509 posts, read 28,187,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
You are getting ahead of yourself because you don't even know if the Texans will reach the AFC championship game.
I said I hope they make it to the Championship game. How is that getting ahead of myself? are you selectively reading or something?

Old 12-22-2012, 05:42 PM
FBJ

Quote:
I said I hope they make it to the Championship game. How is that getting ahead of myself? are you selectively reading or something?

Just read your 1st sentence again and it stated that the Texans won't face another powerhouse team until the Championship game.

Old 12-22-2012, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Just read your 1st sentence again and it stated that the Texans won't face another powerhouse team until the Championship game.
If Current seeding holds up, thats the 1st chance they will get to host a powerhouse team.

The teams that they are likely to see B4 then are Bengals, Colts, Steelers or Ravens.

Am I missing something here?

Old 12-22-2012, 08:34 PM
FBJ

Quote:
If Current seeding holds up, thats the 1st chance they will get to host a powerhouse team.

The teams that they are likely to see B4 then are Bengals, Colts, Steelers or Ravens.

Am I missing something here?

But what if they lose in the 2nd round? No need to be talking about a AFC championship game at this point because you know in the playoffs anything can happen.

Old 12-22-2012, 08:50 PM

Quote:
But what if they lose in the 2nd round? No need to be talking about a AFC championship game at this point because you know in the playoffs anything can happen.
again am I missing something here?

The second round for them IS the Championship game.
Dude I don't see your problem here.

She asked a question and I gave my opinion. The first time they are likely to see the teams she mentioned are in the championship game whether they make it or not we will have to wait and see, but that is the earliest they would meet

Old 12-22-2012, 10:51 PM
FBJ

Quote:
again am I missing something here?

The second round for them IS the Championship game.
Dude I don't see your problem here.

She asked a question and I gave my opinion. The first time they are likely to see the teams she mentioned are in the championship game whether they make it or not we will have to wait and see, but that is the earliest they would meet

Hello!!!! Reality check!!!!! The 2nd round is the DIVISIONAL ROUND!!!!. LOL Did you think the Texans got 2 byes???

Old 12-22-2012, 11:22 PM

6,550 posts, read 4,499,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
I thought for a long time the Skins best chance is division. The NFC still has more teams than AFC "in the hunt"!

Htown, not being a smarty pants here but . . . . can the Texans hold up against teams in the playoffs with fire power? If teams hold Foster to minimum yards, they can't get the run game going will they be in trouble? I think Texans win this in spite of AP, Ponder is an accident waiting for a place to happen. He took a step back this year (he needs a QB school like McCarthy runs).

Just so you know, I think same thing about the Packers! They need more runs and to protect Aaron better, when he has time, there is nobody better plus the dude can run. He is overlooked in that aspect.

Here's how I see the AFC shaking out:
1) Houston
2) Denver
3) New England
4) Baltimore
5) Indianapolis
6) Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh gets killed by New England, so since New England wins, Houston gets the Indy/Baltimore winner. Baltimore will be better then when Houston played them in week 7 (Lewis will be back, Suggs will have had some game action), but they get them at home against a bad QB. I like their chances. They already beat Denver in Denver once this year (granted early season), but I think they can win in Houston. The only team I don't like Houston against is New England, but I'll take them against the other 4 in the AFC.

Old 12-22-2012, 11:25 PM

6,550 posts, read 4,499,759 times
Quote:
Hello!!!! Reality check!!!!! The 2nd round is the DIVISIONAL ROUND!!!!. LOL Did you think the Texans got 2 byes???

They get a first round bye. So the second game for them will be the championship game. First round (for them) is the divisional round.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or