Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2012, 11:33 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
They get a first round bye. So the second game for them will be the championship game. First round (for them) is the divisional round.
What are you talking about?

1st round is the wildcard game

2nd round is the divisional game

3rd round is the championship game

4th round is the SB
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2012, 11:35 PM

2,533 posts, read 4,603,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post

And for the sake of discussion, let's further say that the Falcons handle their business for the first time under Smith/Ryan and earn themselves a trip to the Super Bowl. Should the Broncos handle the Texans, they would have a chance to beat every team on their schedule this season. That would include a 13-3 record in the regular season, and a 3-0 record in the post season, avenging the three regular season losses.

This may be a long shot, but as a Broncos fan this is what I am hoping for. Of course, a Broncos win in the Super Bowl against any team would make me happy.
The Falcons fan would love to see Atlanta/Denver in the big game.

Here's to Manning throwing another 13 interceptions in the first quarter.

Old 12-23-2012, 06:46 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,003,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kees View Post
The Falcons fan would love to see Atlanta/Denver in the big game.

Here's to Manning throwing another 13 interceptions in the first quarter.
Week 2 vs the Super Bowl...two different Broncos teams. Neutral location. Not Atlanta's home opener. A lot of the factors that gave the Falcons a decided advantage are gone. Ryan has had a great season, and the Falcons have a great defense, too. But there is nothing about this Falcons team that scares anyone in the Broncos camp.

Of course there are still many games to play before the Super Bowl. No certainty that either of the Broncos or Falcons would play the big game.

Old 12-23-2012, 06:53 AM

14,323 posts, read 14,620,586 times
At this stage of the game, no way Manning throws many INTs, don't see that happening! I really would like to see Broncos make it to the SB, too cool. I have a hunch this year playoffs might be somewhat of a surprise, teams not normal contenders making some noise. Could happen, can't wait!

Old 12-23-2012, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
At this stage of the game, no way Manning throws many INTs, don't see that happening! I really would like to see Broncos make it to the SB, too cool. I have a hunch this year playoffs might be somewhat of a surprise, teams not normal contenders making some noise. Could happen, can't wait!
If the Bengals make it in at 10-6 they are going to be a hard team to argue against. Great pass rush and solid offense. They can finish 10-6 and still be a wild card because the Ravens will clinch the division with a win against the Giants today. That's not a given, of course. Now if the Bengals win their division, the #5 seed (likely the Colts) will play them in Cincy. I think the Bengals win that game.

That one they have today against the Steelers bears watching. This is looking like an awesome finish in both conferences.

Old 12-23-2012, 08:48 AM

18,495 posts, read 32,953,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Hello!!!! Reality check!!!!! The 2nd round is the DIVISIONAL ROUND!!!!. LOL Did you think the Texans got 2 byes???
Dont know how many games are in your conference playoffs but in the afc and nfc there are only three play of games before they come together for the superbowl.

if they get a bye in the wild card game, it is fairly clear that the games available for bye winners are the divisional games and championship games.

Anyway, this discussion is getting old and frankly i dont know where you are going with it, or even what your point is.
I dont want the thread to shut down and this is where all this silly talk is taking it.

Old 12-23-2012, 08:52 AM

18,495 posts, read 32,953,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
I agree, no way manning plays at this stage like he did earlier in the season. And yep, there are usually surprises, rather than tge boring senario where the bigshots make it to the superbiwl.

So book it the Bengals will face the Redskins in the Superbiwl this year

Old 12-23-2012, 09:21 AM

2,533 posts, read 4,603,588 times
Quote:
But there is nothing about this Falcons team that scares anyone in the Broncos camp.
I don't think anyone in the NFL is scared of the Falcons because after all... they are 0-3 in the playoffs under Mike Smith. Never mind the fact that all 3 losses were to Super Bowl teams that were on fire entering the playoffs... with 2 winning it.

We live in the past and there is no possible way the Falcons can actually win a playoff game.

Or is there?

Has the team matured? Yes... new weapons namely Julio Jones? Yes. New coordinators on O and D? Yes. A better D? Yes.

7-0 at home? Yes.

Playoff games at home? Yes.

Bring it.

P.S. Some guy named Peyton Manning started his career 0-3 in the playoffs too.

Old 12-23-2012, 06:29 PM

The AFC playoff teams are decided, though there is still a lot undetermined when it comes to actual seeding. The updated playoff picture looks like:

Houston Texans: 12-3
Denver Broncos: 12-3
New England Patriots: 11-4
Baltimore Ravens: 10-5
Indianapolis Colts: 10-5
Cincinnati Bengals: 9-6

Perhaps the biggest position at stake is the #1 seed. If the Texans lose and the Broncos win, the Broncos take home field advantage throughout the playoffs. However, I do not see this as a likelihood, because the Colts gain nothing by winning the season finale against the Texans, so the Texans may face a Colts backup team. The Ravens can move up to the #3 seed with a win and a Patriots loss. The Patriots host the Dolphins and should be able to hold serve in that one. Plus with a win they are in position for a first round bye should one of Houston or Denver drop their finale.

Another good week of football behind us in the AFC.

Old 12-23-2012, 06:33 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
The AFC playoff teams are decided, though there is still a lot undetermined when it comes to actual seeding. The updated playoff picture looks like:

Houston Texans: 12-3
Denver Broncos: 12-3
New England Patriots: 11-4
Baltimore Ravens: 10-5
Indianapolis Colts: 10-5
Cincinnati Bengals: 9-6

Perhaps the biggest position at stake is the #1 seed. If the Texans lose and the Broncos win, the Broncos take home field advantage throughout the playoffs. However, I do not see this as a likelihood, because the Colts gain nothing by winning the season finale against the Texans, so the Texans may face a Colts backup team. The Ravens can move up to the #3 seed with a win and a Patriots loss. The Patriots host the Dolphins and should be able to hold serve in that one. Plus with a win they are in position for a first round bye should one of Houston or Denver drop their finale.

Another good week of football behind us in the AFC.
The Texans are very beatable no matter if they are at home or on the road which was confirmed today. So it doesn't matter if they are the 1 or 2 seed once the playoffs start.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football