U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2012, 09:32 PM

4,858 posts, read 6,387,913 times

Advertisements

Wild Card Weekend NFC picks:

Minnesota and Washington
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2012, 10:57 PM

11,736 posts, read 11,582,004 times
Well, my friends were happy the 'Skins won, they live in TX (part time) and hate the Cowboys. I usually watch the games myself so it was fun to have company for a change.

We weren't happy with the game Packers played but AP is really something, amazing. Playoffs for the Vikings, good for them, Sat. night game will be great! Maybe they will figure out how to slow him down, or do a better job of staying on the field. First game they had the ball 11 mins. in one qtr. certainly didn't happen today!

Old 12-30-2012, 11:22 PM

10,721 posts, read 11,142,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
We weren't happy with the game Packers played but AP is really something, amazing. Playoffs for the Vikings, good for them, Sat. night game will be great! Maybe they will figure out how to slow him down, or do a better job of staying on the field. First game they had the ball 11 mins. in one qtr. certainly didn't happen today!
I was glad the Vikings made it. By them making it in they knocked the Bears out. I just can't root for the Bears. As long as Cutler is their QB, I'll root against them. We Broncos fans have been told that we need to "get over it." We pretty much have on the field. The Broncos went 8-8 in their last season with Cutler and they went 8-8 in their first season without him. The Broncos and Bears are both 1-1 in the playoffs since the Cutler deal. It's not like the trade drastically changed the fates of two franchises. But Cutler had to go and make it personal after the trade, and made some comments about Broncos fans. Look, say all the right things, say that you are happy to be a bear now, but don't make cheap parting shots at a fan base that supported you in your brief and undistinguished time with the Broncos. Anyway, he can rot in NFL mediocrity for the rest of his God-forsaken career for all I care. I will probably dislike him until the day he leaves the league.

Old 12-31-2012, 07:09 AM

9,114 posts, read 15,700,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Touchdown, Redskins. That'll be enough to do it. Redskins will win this one 28-18 and win the NFC East at 10-6. That will finalize the NFC playoff slate:

1. Atlanta Falcons: 13-3
2. San Francisco 49ers: 11-4-1
3. Green Bay Packers: 11-5
4. Washington Redskins: 10-6
5. Seattle Seahawks: 11-5
6. Minnesota Vikings: 10-6
Vegas has Washington and minn as 20-1 and 30-1 respectively to win SB. NFC is not getting respect as Denver and NE are 5/2 @ 3/1 respectively....

Old 12-31-2012, 07:19 AM

5,886 posts, read 4,201,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
I was glad the Vikings made it. By them making it in they knocked the Bears out. I just can't root for the Bears. As long as Cutler is their QB, I'll root against them. We Broncos fans have been told that we need to "get over it." We pretty much have on the field. The Broncos went 8-8 in their last season with Cutler and they went 8-8 in their first season without him. The Broncos and Bears are both 1-1 in the playoffs since the Cutler deal. It's not like the trade drastically changed the fates of two franchises. But Cutler had to go and make it personal after the trade, and made some comments about Broncos fans. Look, say all the right things, say that you are happy to be a bear now, but don't make cheap parting shots at a fan base that supported you in your brief and undistinguished time with the Broncos. Anyway, he can rot in NFL mediocrity for the rest of his God-forsaken career for all I care. I will probably dislike him until the day he leaves the league.
As a Vikings fan I am ecstatic that we made it to the playoffs and would have been no matter who we knocked out in the process. But I'd be lying if I said knocking out the Bears (my most hated teams) in process made it just a tad bit sweeter.

Old 12-31-2012, 07:21 AM

I think 'Skins have a chance. The Vikes should get some respect, Ponder is coming along, great arm when he has time.

Old 12-31-2012, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
Vegas has Washington and minn as 20-1 and 30-1 respectively to win SB. NFC is not getting respect as Denver and NE are 5/2 @ 3/1 respectively....
The thing with the AFC is it's top heavy; whereas the NFC is a "deeper" conference that had 8 teams win at least 9 games and had a 10 win team miss the playoffs. I could see a scenario in which any of the 6 NFC teams go to the Super Bowl, but in the AFC I'd be shocked if anyone besides NE or Denver go to the Super Bowl. Also the AFC has the glamor QB's in Manning and Brady. In the NFC only Rodgers has ever won a playoff game as a starting QB. Matt Ryan-0-3, Colin Kaepernick-first start, RIII-first start, Russel Wilson-first start, and it's Christian Ponder's first start. So I'm assuming that's something Vegas is looking at when they make their calculations.

Old 12-31-2012, 07:36 AM

10,721 posts, read 11,142,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
The thing with the AFC is it's top heavy; whereas the NFC is a "deeper" conference that had 8 teams win at least 9 games and had a 10 win team miss the playoffs. I could see a scenario in which any of the 6 NFC teams go to the Super Bowl, but in the AFC I'd be shocked if anyone besides NE or Denver go to the Super Bowl. Also the AFC has the glamor QB's in Manning and Brady. In the NFC only Rodgers has ever won a playoff game as a starting QB. Matt Ryan-0-3, Colin Kaepernick-first start, RIII-first start, Russel Wilson-first start, and it's Christian Ponder's first start. So I'm assuming that's something Vegas is looking at when they make their calculations.
It is hard to pick a favorite out of the NFC. At this point the safe picks are the Packers and the Falcons, but the Packers have their flaws and the Falcons have a history of chocking in the playoffs as well as dropped one yesterday even with their starters playing a significant amount of time.

I can see the Redskins ousting the Seahawks, but not getting past the divisional round. I'll take the Packers over the Vikings. If I am right, that will set up the Redskins @ Falcons and Packers @ 49ers in the divisional round. I think the Falcons win their game, but that Packers-49ers game is anyone's guess.

This is all pure speculation, of course. That's part of what makes this time of year so much fun.

Old 12-31-2012, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
I think 'Skins have a chance. The Vikes should get some respect, Ponder is coming along, great arm when he has time.
The Vikes, unless they win the SB, will always be underrated because we're not built like a modern NFL team. We don't rely on passing it 40 times a game. But we beat Chicago, Houston, Green Bay, and San Fransisco, all teams that won at least 10 games. If Ponder plays like he did against Green Bay or San Fran earlier in the season we can beat anyone in the league but if Ponder regresses in the postseason it'll be a short lived playoff run.

Old 12-31-2012, 07:43 AM

The NFC is the fun one! I'm not sure what is going to happen in the playoffs, sure will be interesting!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or