U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2012, 11:18 AM

9,114 posts, read 15,667,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
I know they're a bit behind the times, but doesn't Green Bay have them new-fangled electric lights yet?
Nothing to do with lights. I meant because they are a cold weather team and its usually 15 degrees colder or so at night. IF you polled the fans who goto these games, I'm sure OVERWHELMINGLY they would want to watch in person during the day....

The NFL says they care about the fans, but if they did, they wouldn't schedule playoff games at foxboro or Lambeau at night...just about the ratings..

It is what it is...just sayin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2012, 12:09 PM

21,318 posts, read 21,872,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
Nothing to do with lights. I meant because they are a cold weather team and its usually 15 degrees colder or so at night. IF you polled the fans who goto these games, I'm sure OVERWHELMINGLY they would want to watch in person during the day....

The NFL says they care about the fans, but if they did, they wouldn't schedule playoff games at foxboro or Lambeau at night...just about the ratings..

It is what it is...just sayin.
actually, I think if you poll those fans, they'll just as likely appreciate another few more hours to grill up another package or two of Johnsonvilles and finish that keg off.

Old 12-31-2012, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
actually, I think if you poll those fans, they'll just as likely appreciate another few more hours to grill up another package or two of Johnsonvilles and finish that keg off.
You're not serious right? There are so many disadvantages playing a night game in a cold weather stadium vs. a day game.

The players know it, the media knows it (however very few will discuss it because the nfl butters their bread)......

Old 12-31-2012, 12:45 PM

21,318 posts, read 21,872,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
You're not serious right? There are so many disadvantages playing a night game in a cold weather stadium vs. a day game.

The players know it, the media knows it (however very few will discuss it because the nfl butters their bread)......
Er, I'm afraid I don't quite follow you Squadron Leader...it's suppose to be cold in Green Bay in January...

Old 12-31-2012, 12:46 PM

11,722 posts, read 11,541,988 times
I think that is a "slight" slam at Packer fans! However, is it all about the time slot, advertising $$$, which game will be more appealing to the audiences, etc.??? As always with the NFL and everything else, follow the money all about $$$s.

Old 12-31-2012, 12:56 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,276,243 times
I would give the advantage to the packers next week because it's hard to beat a team twice two weeks in a row.

So I expect the Vikings to lose.

The skins should not have any issues with Seattle since they were 3-5 on the road this season.

Old 12-31-2012, 01:17 PM

9,028 posts, read 16,421,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
The skins should not have any issues with Seattle since they were 3-5 on the road this season.
Keeping in mind that you were the same guy who was trumpeting Buffalo to beat Seattle because of "history"

How about this - outside their division they were 3-2 on the road and this is a game outside the division

Or that they were 2-0 on the road in December

Or that at 5-3 at both home and the road the redskins have no discernable home field advantage

Or we could quit trying to be lazy and actually look at matchups and stuff that will actually have the most bearing on the game

Washington being at home is a definite advantage - it's a great thing about winning your division and something they absolutely earned ...... it's far from a guarantee though

The 2010 Packers were 3-5 on the road and won 3 straight road games to get to the SB

The 2008 Cardinals were 3-5 on the road and won their only road playoff game by 20 points on the way to the SB

Old 12-31-2012, 01:22 PM

9,349 posts, read 5,562,093 times
As a Redskins fanboy, let me say that, while i am confident in my skins and i believe FEDEX field will be ROCKING sunday night....Im worried about seattle. Will be a very tough game.

Gb vs minn will also be a great game.

Houston will CRUSH cincy and the colts got lucky to get baltimore...a very winnable game for luck and the.colts. the ravens defense aint what it used to be

Old 12-31-2012, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
I think that is a "slight" slam at Packer fans! However, is it all about the time slot, advertising $$$, which game will be more appealing to the audiences, etc.??? As always with the NFL and everything else, follow the money all about $$$s.
Ding Ding Ding!!!!

The money is showing the games later in the day or evening. If you play a game at 8:00 Saturday, you'll get a ton more viewers than at 4:30 and a hell of alot more viewers than 1pm on Sunday...

Same thing for Sunday's games...no one outside of Atlanta cares about the Falcons (or should I say there are more appealing teams to watch other than them), that's why they are they are the 1pm game on Sunday in the divisional round...its more appealing "on a national level" to watch Peyton, Brady, Rodgers or even Colin Kapernick...

its just the way it is...

Most people recognize that the main idea is the money grab from the NFL.....

Old 12-31-2012, 01:34 PM

9,349 posts, read 5,562,093 times
I agree Jack, 100%
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or