U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2012, 01:41 PM

9,114 posts, read 15,672,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
As a Redskins fanboy, let me say that, while i am confident in my skins and i believe FEDEX field will be ROCKING sunday night....Im worried about seattle. Will be a very tough game.

Gb vs minn will also be a great game.

Houston will CRUSH cincy and the colts got lucky to get baltimore...a very winnable game for luck and the.colts. the ravens defense aint what it used to be
I honestly don't remember SO MANY good storylines from so many different teams...

Rookie QB's/Comeback player of the year Manning/etc.....

Do you really think Houston will crush Cincy? I honestly don't....Not sure if Cincy can win, I think they can cover w/the points though...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2012, 02:15 PM

11,723 posts, read 11,548,322 times
I'm not convinced about the Texans, not at all. 'Skins game should be great, actually this playoff season is shaping up to be one of the best! Lots of surprises and possibilities, can't wait!

Old 12-31-2012, 03:21 PM

2,701 posts, read 4,671,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I would give the advantage to the packers next week because it's hard to beat a team twice two weeks in a row.

So I expect the Vikings to lose.

The skins should not have any issues with Seattle since they were 3-5 on the road this season.
That last comment comes from lack of any knowledge of Seattle. Seattle is a team that struggled a bit in the first half of the season with their rookie qb getting his feet wet- that is when those road losses happened. That team figured things out in the 2nd half of the season, and are one of the hottest- if not THE hottest team in the NFL now. The Skins will have a huge struggle on their hands in this game, Seattle is better at almost every position on both sides of the ball than the Skins, so the only way Seattle loses is if they come out flat or lose the coaching battle.

Old 12-31-2012, 03:36 PM

10,677 posts, read 11,087,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm31828 View Post
so the only way Seattle loses is if they...lose the coaching battle.
A distinct possibility. Shanahan may go into this game with a chip on his shoulder. He has gone 1-4 in the playoffs since Elway retired and I think he is going to enter this one ready to show that he still has it. He has the team believing in themselves, too.

This is going to be a good game. It is hard to argue against either team right now. It is encouraging to see two amazing young men step up in their roles as QB and lead their teams to the playoffs. I do think that the Redskins will win this one, though. This is their first home playoff game in...well a very long time. That stadium is going to be a tough environment for the Seahawks. The Redskins have one good thing going for them on defense: They are ranked 5th against the run. The Seahawks live and die by their ground game, and if any team out there is capable of putting the stop to it, it is the Redskins since they practice their run defense against an offense that functions in a similar manner to that of the Seahawks. The Seahawks 10th ranked run defense is also pretty stout, but will they be up to stopping the Redskins #1 ranked ground offense? I don't see it happening.

So I am going with the Redskins here, but that's just a guess, really. The Seahawks do APPEAR to be the better all around team going in. And a special teams play here or there may be enough to tilt this game in their favor.

Old 12-31-2012, 03:40 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,306,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
Keeping in mind that you were the same guy who was trumpeting Buffalo to beat Seattle because of "history"

How about this - outside their division they were 3-2 on the road and this is a game outside the division

Or that they were 2-0 on the road in December

Or that at 5-3 at both home and the road the redskins have no discernable home field advantage

Or we could quit trying to be lazy and actually look at matchups and stuff that will actually have the most bearing on the game

Washington being at home is a definite advantage - it's a great thing about winning your division and something they absolutely earned ...... it's far from a guarantee though

The 2010 Packers were 3-5 on the road and won 3 straight road games to get to the SB

The 2008 Cardinals were 3-5 on the road and won their only road playoff game by 20 points on the way to the SB

I'm sorry but when it all comes down to it, I have to pick the Skins since they are on a 7 game winning streak playing at home against a team that is not as good when playing outside seattle.

Old 12-31-2012, 03:44 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,306,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm31828 View Post
That last comment comes from lack of any knowledge of Seattle. Seattle is a team that struggled a bit in the first half of the season with their rookie qb getting his feet wet- that is when those road losses happened. That team figured things out in the 2nd half of the season, and are one of the hottest- if not THE hottest team in the NFL now. The Skins will have a huge struggle on their hands in this game, Seattle is better at almost every position on both sides of the ball than the Skins, so the only way Seattle loses is if they come out flat or lose the coaching battle.

There are two reasons I feel that the Skins will not struggle in this game.

1. Seattle loss to the Lions on the road and their defense gave up 28 pts

2. Seattle loss to the Dolphins on the road and their defense gave up 24 pts

And those are two teams who are not in the playoffs and doesn't have a QB as good as RG3. So you can see why I;m confident the Skins will have no issues.

Old 01-01-2013, 08:13 AM

5,886 posts, read 4,189,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
I honestly don't remember SO MANY good storylines from so many different teams...

Rookie QB's/Comeback player of the year Manning/etc.....

Do you really think Houston will crush Cincy? I honestly don't....Not sure if Cincy can win, I think they can cover w/the points though...
Adrian Peterson says hi.

Old 01-01-2013, 08:15 AM

5,886 posts, read 4,189,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
There are two reasons I feel that the Skins will not struggle in this game.

1. Seattle loss to the Lions on the road and their defense gave up 28 pts

2. Seattle loss to the Dolphins on the road and their defense gave up 24 pts

And those are two teams who are not in the playoffs and doesn't have a QB as good as RG3. So you can see why I;m confident the Skins will have no issues.
The 2011 Green Bay Packers were 8-0 at home and 15-1 yet they lost to the 9-7 Giants. The playoffs=/=the regular season.

Old 01-01-2013, 08:26 AM

10,677 posts, read 11,087,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
The 2011 Green Bay Packers were 8-0 at home and 15-1 yet they lost to the 9-7 Giants. The playoffs=/=the regular season.
This is what makes the NFL infinitely better than the NCAA. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE college football too. In a choice between a college game or an NFL game, I'd put my money and tailgating toward the college game. But in terms of the overall system, and how a champion is selected, the NFL is so far ahead of the NCAA that it isn't even close.

I love how a team can go 9-7 and barely make the playoffs in the NFL, but win it all. I love how a team can be 5-11 one year, and 11-5 and Super Bowl Champs the very next year (2001 Patriots). It seems in the NCAA if you are not ranked in 2012, you won't have a shot at the title game in 2013 unless you are Notre Dame or play in the SEC. But in the NFL every team is on an equal playing field. And there is no question at the end of a season about who is the champion. Mike Shanahan said in a post-game interview that "only one team ends the season happy." That is what is great about the NFL.

Old 01-01-2013, 08:29 AM

11,723 posts, read 11,548,322 times
I always look at the playoffs as a new slate, different season and anything can happen, usually does! Giants last year and Pack in 2010 as 6th seeds.

This year could be very much of a surprise. New England went last year, previous year they were out as well as Baltimore and New Orleans. Can't wait for the weekend!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or