U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2013, 12:33 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,306,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
The 2011 Green Bay Packers were 8-0 at home and 15-1 yet they lost to the 9-7 Giants. The playoffs=/=the regular season.

The Packers lost because of a hailmary to be honest with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2013, 02:21 PM

9,114 posts, read 15,672,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
The Packers lost because of a hailmary to be honest with you.
It wasn't just the hailmary by nicks. Rogers was outplayed by Eli and thats coming from a Jets fan! They couldn't get the GMen off the field.

Old 01-01-2013, 03:00 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
It wasn't just the hailmary by nicks. Rogers was outplayed by Eli and thats coming from a Jets fan! They couldn't get the GMen off the field.

I just think that hailmary took all the momentum away from the Packers heading into the half. If it wasn't for that hailmary the score would have been 13-10 at the half.

Old 01-01-2013, 03:22 PM

9,114 posts, read 15,672,990 times
Quote:
I just think that hailmary took all the momentum away from the Packers heading into the half. If it wasn't for that hailmary the score would have been 13-10 at the half.
Yeah but Really though, "what if's" really don't mean much. No matter how you slice it, Rogers and co. Had no business being in that game. Eli pretty much controlled the game from the 1st series when they just pounded gb w/converting 3rd downs....

Old 01-01-2013, 03:29 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Yeah but Really though, "what if's" really don't mean much. No matter how you slice it, Rogers and co. Had no business being in that game. Eli pretty much controlled the game from the 1st series when they just pounded gb w/converting 3rd downs....

Was the defensive coordinator for Green Bay fired after that game? If not he should have been.

Old 01-01-2013, 03:52 PM

11,723 posts, read 11,548,322 times
Nope, still Dom Capers, not sure why, don't think he is going anywhere soon, runs the same 3-4 like Dick LeBeau. They worked together at the Steelers.

Old 01-01-2013, 04:21 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Nope, still Dom Capers, not sure why, don't think he is going anywhere soon, runs the same 3-4 like Dick LeBeau. They worked together at the Steelers.

Well he should be gone if they don't atleast make the NFC championship this year.

Old 01-01-2013, 11:21 PM

2,533 posts, read 3,956,049 times
Quote:
JOhn, you are not looking at this objectively unfortunately....

1. The line. You get an automatic 3 points if you are home, so the bookmakers are figuring the seahawks are about a 5 1/2 point fav on a neutral site. Being a home dog in the playoffs means you are not respected. I can see 1 other team that happening to this yr and that would be the Falcons...
I look forward to the Falcons winning their divisional game at home so people like yourself can find something else to talk about. What's funny is of the 3 playoff losses, all 3 were to Super Bowl teams, 2 of which were hot and won it but only 1 of the games was at home.

Someone please let me know if it's going to be the Vikings, Redskins or Seahawks that comes in and knocks off the Falcons in Atlanta.

There is only 1 team of the 3 that I would even give a remote chance of doing that, and that's the Seahawks. That 8-0 home record at CenturyLink didn't make up for the fact the Seahawks are a horrible road team and probably won't make it past Washington.

Did I mention I'm an Atlanta fan from many years of living in the south and I'm a Seattle fan after moving here 2 years ago? Oh, almost forgot... The biggest difference between the 2012 Falcons and the 2010 Falcons that were also 13-3 with home field is:

1) Julio Jones
2) New OC
3) New DC
4) Ryan had his best year as a pro

"We love the haters, man. It made us play with a chip on our shoulder." ~ Asante Samuel

Quote:

Same thing for Sunday's games...no one outside of Atlanta cares about the Falcons (or should I say there are more appealing teams to watch other than them), that's why they are they are the 1pm game on Sunday in the divisional round...its more appealing "on a national level" to watch Peyton, Brady, Rodgers or even Colin Kapernick...
I'm sure that was exactly the reason they are the 1pm game.

What's funny is we've heard all season about how the Falcons aren't for real despite their 13-3 record... they have how many 7 point or less victories against average and below average opponents?

If it were Tom Brady we'd be hearing about how the good teams win close games.

If it were Peyton Manning we'd be hearing about how awesome he's playing after surgery.

If it were RGIII we'd be hearing about how a rookie is playing great under pressure and leading his team to victory.

But because it's the Falcons they are a tainted victories?

*yawn*

I don't really blame all the hate on the 3 playoff losses though... it's more because the Falcons have a 45 year history of losing and are associated with losing... Why else would they get all the hate after 3 playoff losses... to Super Bowl teams... with 2 on the road?

Last edited by Kees; 01-01-2013 at 11:33 PM..

Old 01-01-2013, 11:33 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kees View Post
I look forward to the Falcons winning their divisional game at home so people like yourself can find something else to talk about. What's funny is of the 3 playoff losses, all 3 were to Super Bowl teams, 2 of which were hot and won it but only 1 of the games was at home.

Someone please let me know if it's going to be the Vikings, Redskins or Seahawks that comes in and knocks off the Falcons in Atlanta.

There is only 1 team of the 3 that I would even give a remote chance of doing that, and that's the Seahawks. That 8-0 home record at CenturyLink didn't make up for the fact the Seahawks are a horrible road team and probably won't make it past Washington.

Did I mention I'm an Atlanta fan from many years of living in the south and I'm a Seattle fan after moving here 2 years ago? Oh, almost forgot... The biggest difference between the 2012 Falcons and the 2010 Falcons that were also 13-3 with home field is:

1) Julio Jones
2) New OC
3) New DC
4) Ryan had his best year as a pro

"We love the haters, man. It made us play with a chip on our shoulder." ~ Asante Samuel

The Falcons will play the lowest seed coming out of the 1st round which means they will face the

Vikings, SKins, or Seahawks.

Old 01-01-2013, 11:37 PM

2,533 posts, read 3,956,049 times
Quote:
The Falcons will play the lowest seed coming out of the 1st round which means they will face the

Vikings, SKins, or Seahawks.
Didn't I say "Someone please let me know if it's going to be the Vikings, Redskins or Seahawks that comes in and knocks off the Falcons in Atlanta." You even quoted it.

Thanks for repeating what I said though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post

This is going to be a good game. It is hard to argue against either team right now. It is encouraging to see two amazing young men step up in their roles as QB and lead their teams to the playoffs. I do think that the Redskins will win this one, though. This is their first home playoff game in...well a very long time. That stadium is going to be a tough environment for the Seahawks. The Redskins have one good thing going for them on defense: They are ranked 5th against the run. The Seahawks live and die by their ground game, and if any team out there is capable of putting the stop to it, it is the Redskins since they practice their run defense against an offense that functions in a similar manner to that of the Seahawks. The Seahawks 10th ranked run defense is also pretty stout, but will they be up to stopping the Redskins #1 ranked ground offense? I don't see it happening.

So I am going with the Redskins here, but that's just a guess, really. The Seahawks do APPEAR to be the better all around team going in. And a special teams play here or there may be enough to tilt this game in their favor.
Pretty much the reason why I don't think Seattle beats the Redskins.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or