U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2013, 10:23 AM

2,533 posts, read 3,954,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
I think it's way too early and a bit foolish to predict who the Vikings will beat in the NFCC after disposing of Green Bay and Atlanta.
Best game I ever saw was the 1998 NFCCG.

"Gary Anderson lines up for the kick... He hasn't missed all season."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2013, 10:29 AM

9,349 posts, read 5,563,395 times
i've been skeptical about the Falcons all season. Like everybody else, I've been on the "but can they win in the playoffs" bandwagon.

But the more i look at them, i think this is the best Falcons team out the last few years.

Old 01-02-2013, 10:33 AM

21,318 posts, read 21,877,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kees View Post
Best game I ever saw was the 1998 NFCCG.

"Gary Anderson lines up for the kick... He hasn't missed all season."
oh yeah, we had forgotten about that one...wow, that's ironic as that was the worst (and last) game I ever saw in person.

and I'm not saying it would be appropriate to return the favor anytime in the near future because that would be presumptuous and a bit insulting to all the other fine teams and their fans that think they may have a chance this year.

Old 01-02-2013, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post

But the more i look at them, i think this is the best Falcons team out the last few years.
It is... With the biggest additions being new OC and DC as well as Julio Jones. Ryan has matured as a QB as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
oh yeah, we had forgotten about that one...wow, that's ironic as that was the worst (and last) game I ever saw in person.

and I'm not saying it would be appropriate to return the favor anytime in the near future because that would be presumptuous and a bit insulting to all the other fine teams and their fans that think they may have a chance this year.
I had to rep you. Good luck Minnesota.

Old 01-02-2013, 10:51 AM

2,223 posts, read 2,994,282 times
The forecast for Green Bay on Saturday doesn't have it going above 26 degrees all day ... I sure love me some below-freezing playoff football games

Old 01-02-2013, 11:10 AM

9,114 posts, read 15,669,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbiggs View Post
The forecast for Green Bay on Saturday doesn't have it going above 26 degrees all day ... I sure love me some below-freezing playoff football games
The game won't start till 8:20EST/7:20CST so it won't be anywhere near 26 degrees I'm sure....

Old 01-02-2013, 05:05 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,285,298 times
Quote:
Didn't I say "Someone please let me know if it's going to be the Vikings, Redskins or Seahawks that comes in and knocks off the Falcons in Atlanta." You even quoted it.

Thanks for repeating what I said though.

Pretty much the reason why I don't think Seattle beats the Redskins.

If the Vikings and Redskins win the Falcons play the VIKINGS

If the Packers and Seahawks win the Falcons play "SEATTLE"

If the Packers and Redskins win the Falcons play the SKINS

Old 01-02-2013, 05:55 PM

3,675 posts, read 7,841,166 times
I have been hearing a lot of trash talking about Seattle blowing the Redskins out blah blah blah... The closer we get to the game, the more I feel like the Redskins will beat the Seahawks soundly! Maybe it's the fanhood in me, but I think the 'Skins will come to play and will beat the 'Hawks...

Old 01-02-2013, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
If the Vikings and Redskins win the Falcons play the VIKINGS

If the Packers and Seahawks win the Falcons play "SEATTLE"

If the Packers and Redskins win the Falcons play the SKINS
Yeah? And what's your point? Are you thinking that I didn't know that?

When I said "Someone please let me know if it's going to be the Vikings, Redskins or Seahawks that comes in and knocks off the Falcons in Atlanta." did you take that as a question as if I didn't know that the Falcons would get the lowest seeded winner of the wild card round?

I was asking the forum experts (most of which have little to no faith in the Falcons winning a playoff game due to their previous history) to point out which team was going to come into Atlanta and pull off the upset...

I wasn't asking to explain how the playoff format works... I knew that already.

Old 01-02-2013, 06:38 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,285,298 times
Quote:
Yeah? And what's your point? Are you thinking that I didn't know that?

When I said "Someone please let me know if it's going to be the Vikings, Redskins or Seahawks that comes in and knocks off the Falcons in Atlanta." did you take that as a question as if I didn't know that the Falcons would get the lowest seeded winner of the wild card round?

I was asking the forum experts (most of which have little to no faith in the Falcons winning a playoff game due to their previous history) to point out which team was going to come into Atlanta and pull off the upset...

I wasn't asking to explain how the playoff format works... I knew that already.

Oh my bad-LOL

I think Vikings and SKins can beat the falcons not the Seahawks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or