U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2013, 08:56 PM

16,545 posts, read 21,042,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
The Falcons are a Joke and it will be shown in January, BOOK IT
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2013, 12:21 PM

2,533 posts, read 3,971,209 times
It appears this thread is now open... So here's my weekend picks.

Washington
Minnesota
Baltimore
Houston

Old 01-05-2013, 12:23 PM

6,228 posts, read 6,869,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kees View Post
It appears this thread is now open... So here's my weekend picks.

Washington
Minnesota
Baltimore
Houston
You're picking the Skins over the Seattle?

Old 01-05-2013, 12:25 PM

2,533 posts, read 3,971,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
You're picking the Skins over the Seattle?
Yep... Seattle was 8-0 at home... 3-5 on the road.

Skins have won 7 straight.

Still not overlooking a Falcons vs Seahawks showdown next week though... Depends on which Seattle team shows up tomorrow. Having both your teams meet in the playoffs would be cool...

I'm a transplanted southerner who grew up an Atlanta fan and moved to the PNW 2 years ago.

Old 01-05-2013, 12:30 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,502,224 times
My NFC picks for the weekend

Vikings
SKins

Vikings: Adrian Peterson runs with a attitude which will open up their passing game on a Packers secondary that has shown some weakness this season.

Skins: The Skins has a strong running game which will open things up for RG3 in the passing game against a seattle defense that has given up close to 30 pts on the road this season.

Old 01-05-2013, 12:56 PM

6,228 posts, read 6,869,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
My NFC picks for the weekend

Vikings
SKins

Vikings: Adrian Peterson runs with a attitude which will open up their passing game on a Packers secondary that has shown some weakness this season.

Skins: The Skins has a strong running game which will open things up for RG3 in the passing game against a seattle defense that has given up close to 30 pts on the road this season.
I didn't know Seattle was giving up that amount of points on the road. All the talking heads are picking Seattle to win. HTTR!

Old 01-05-2013, 12:59 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
I didn't know Seattle was giving up that amount of points on the road. All the talking heads are picking Seattle to win. HTTR!

The seahawks gave up this amount of points to these teams on the road who do not have a QB as good as RG3

19.....Rams

28......Lions

24......Dolphins.

Those are three teams who are not playing at all in the playoffs which should let you know something about the seahawks defense on the road.

Old 01-05-2013, 04:08 PM

11,737 posts, read 11,590,809 times
So many people on the Seattle bandwagon, I'm still thinking 'Skins. Watching Texans/Bengals and I'm still thinking Bengals in this one but Texans may hang on, low scoring affair.

Everyone here giving up on the Packers, hmmm??? I know they can't stop AP, but game in MN was 3 points, it wasn't a blowout. With all of Rodgers receivers back, Cobb, Jennings, Finley, Nelson and Jones, it will be tough for Vikings to match up. Some rookies have been playing well with Woodson back, will be interesting to see where he goes. Casey Hayward is an INT machine as a rookie so they won't give Wood that spot. I'm hoping the Packers can do this!

Old 01-05-2013, 04:17 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
So many people on the Seattle bandwagon, I'm still thinking 'Skins. Watching Texans/Bengals and I'm still thinking Bengals in this one but Texans may hang on, low scoring affair.

Everyone here giving up on the Packers, hmmm??? I know they can't stop AP, but game in MN was 3 points, it wasn't a blowout. With all of Rodgers receivers back, Cobb, Jennings, Finley, Nelson and Jones, it will be tough for Vikings to match up. Some rookies have been playing well with Woodson back, will be interesting to see where he goes. Casey Hayward is an INT machine as a rookie so they won't give Wood that spot. I'm hoping the Packers can do this!

I think whatever team scores the next offensive TD will probably win the game based on how the defenses for both teams are playing. I picked the Vikings because they are playing with house money and have already exceeded expectations. So the pressure will be on the packers to stop a team playing with house money who had Adrian Peterson for their running back. So we will see what happens tonight in lambeaud and i expect a good game like last week.

Old 01-05-2013, 05:37 PM

2,799 posts, read 2,392,084 times
My pick for the wild card games -

Doesn't matter.
None of these wildcard scrubs stand a chance against the Falcons, Broncos, 49ers, or Patriots!!

The Packers are easily the best of the wildcard teams, but they don't match up well with the 49ers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or