U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2013, 06:18 PM

2,747 posts, read 2,368,848 times

Advertisements

Atlanta will win.

Atlanta had a week off, which is huge
Seahawks stink on the road
Falcons feel like they have something to prove
Seahawks have a rookie qb
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2013, 06:22 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,285,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Boy, will there be the conversation this week about RGIII/injury, not taking him out, etc., and then whether Falcons can finally win a division game and go further in the playoffs!

All Shanahan said after the game was........."I thought he was healthy enough to play"

What a moron

Old 01-06-2013, 06:25 PM

11,722 posts, read 11,543,470 times
Strong points! I'm worried about the Pack/49ers right now. However, I would rather see the Packers have to play the Falcons rather than the Seahawks. It isn't about the matchup.

I am so tired of all the conversation about the "Fail Mary" play and it would be a fever pitch if the Seahawks end up coming to Lambeau. Packers did not need that win, they were in the playoffs anyway, it had a bigger impact of teams lower in the seeding.

Old 01-06-2013, 06:28 PM

9,114 posts, read 15,669,212 times
Quote:
Strong points! I'm worried about the Pack/49ers right now. However, I would rather see the Packers have to play the Falcons rather than the Seahawks. It isn't about the matchup.

I am so tired of all the conversation about the "Fail Mary" play and it would be a fever pitch if the Seahawks end up coming to Lambeau. Packers did not need that win, they were in the playoffs anyway, it had a bigger impact of teams lower in the seeding.
Packers did need that win because a win against the Vikings would've been for the #1 seed. But it doesn't really matter now though.

Old 01-06-2013, 06:42 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,285,298 times
RG3 comments after the game

"Coach asked me was I ok and I said Yes"

"There was no way I was coming out that game"

"If he had took me out the game I would have been very upset"

"It is what it is"

"i'm the best chance for our team to win

He has no clue that when you play hurt it doesn't make you tough, instead it's makes you stupid because you are hurting your team

Old 01-06-2013, 07:02 PM

5,886 posts, read 4,187,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
RG3 comments after the game

"Coach asked me was I ok and I said Yes"

"There was no way I was coming out that game"

"If he had took me out the game I would have been very upset"

"It is what it is"

"i'm the best chance for our team to win

He has no clue that when you play hurt it doesn't make you tough, instead it's makes you stupid because you are hurting your team
Exactly. A contingent of Viking fans online believe Ponder was a "weak" because he didn't play. First off, it was the coaches decision, but second off if you play hurt you wind up hurting your team. Granted he couldn't have been worse than poor Joe Webb but the principle remains the same. A true leader knows "when to hold'em and knows when to fold'em." That being said RGIII is young and is a gamer so I know he wanted to play, but that's when the COACHES step in and stop him. Sometimes as a coach, as a leader, you have to do what's best for your team and make the tough call. Cousins is an adequate back up and would have been a better choice than a gimpy RGIII out there putting his future on the line and hurting his team with poor play.

If I was a Redskins fan I would be FURIOUS at Shanahan for putting the future of the franchise on the line tonight. I understand it's the playoffs but it's not like they had Joe Webb as their back up.

Old 01-06-2013, 07:18 PM

Something is a disconnect with this mentality, his playing the way he was did have a negative impact on the game, he wasn't helping, only in his mind. It is up to the coaches/staff to draw a line and say, no, you cannot play. They have a decent QB who did win when he was out earlier. This is just wrong, on several levels.

Old 01-06-2013, 08:26 PM

9,114 posts, read 15,669,212 times
Quote:
Something is a disconnect with this mentality, his playing the way he was did have a negative impact on the game, he wasn't helping, only in his mind. It is up to the coaches/staff to draw a line and say, no, you cannot play. They have a decent QB who did win when he was out earlier. This is just wrong, on several levels.
Agree 100%. I was saying when the hell are they going to put cousins in? I know they were up by 1 but I don't understand Shannon's thought process there...

Old 01-06-2013, 08:31 PM

2,533 posts, read 3,954,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I can't buy Atlanta winning this one with their previous fails in the playoffs and how hot the Seahawks are now.
Right... because losses in 2008, 2010 and 2011 have everything to do with the 2012 Falcons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
Atlanta will win.

Atlanta had a week off, which is huge
Seahawks stink on the road
Falcons feel like they have something to prove
Seahawks have a rookie qb
Couldn't agree more... it's too bad RG3 got hurt.. or we'd be talking about the Falcons/Redskins game.

Seattle's run ends in Atlanta.

Old 01-07-2013, 05:58 AM

Falcon fans hear it more, but they get on Rodgers he can't win at Lambeau off season (now he has), Giants have more playoff wins at Lambeau, dumb stuff. Rodgers lets it roll off, or uses it as ammunition.

It will be interesting to see how Falcons/Seahawks match up, should be a great game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or