U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 10:03 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,437,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbiggs View Post
Chicago went from first round bye to currently on the outside looking in ... if the Bears do indeed miss the playoffs, how long until the media runs Cutler out of town?

Fortunately for them, their last two games are against garbage teams (Cards and Lions). Dallas has a winnable but still challenging game against the Saints, but then a game at FedEx against one of the two hottest teams in football right now. The Giants have a tough game in Baltimore followed by the sorry Eagles, and Minnesota's got two hard match ups at Houston and hosting the Packers. So it looks like the Bears have a pretty good shot to play themselves back into the WC.

The skins have the best chance to get in the playoffs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2012, 10:13 PM

6,556 posts, read 4,515,663 times
Basically must win for the Giants next week @ Baltimore.

Seattle finishes with 2 at home. They'll probably lose to the 9ers, but they beat the Rams easily. They get 1 of the 2 wildcard sports, and if Seattle somehow wins the division, San Fran is the first wildcard. 1 of Dallas or Washing wins in week 17 to get them to at least 9 wins and the division (as well as the inter-division tiebreaker over the Giants). Chicago is in a free fall, but they have Arizona (road) and Detroit (road) the rest of the season. They should win both, but at worst split. That gets them to 9-7/10-6. Minnesota has Houston (road) Green Bay (home) rest of the way. Unless it is impossible for GB to get a bye OR #1 NFC seed, I can't see Minnesota winning 1 of those, much less both of them. I'll leave them at 8-8.

Old 12-16-2012, 10:18 PM

10,719 posts, read 11,134,746 times
With the week 15 games in the books, the NFC playoffs look like this:

Atlanta Falcons: 12-2
San Francisco 49ers: 10-3-1
Green Bay Packers: 10-4
Washington Redskins: 8-6
Seattle Seahawks: 9-5
Minnesota Vikings: 8-6

Still in the hunt:

Chicago Bears: 8-6
Dallas Cowboys: 8-6
New York Giants: 8-6

The Seahawks have torched their last two opponents to the tune of 108-17. The Redskins are in the driver's seat to win the NFC East. This team was 3-6 and left for dead. Good story.

Old 12-16-2012, 10:19 PM

6,556 posts, read 4,515,663 times
The thing that's going to end up saving the Giants is their what should be 8-4 conference mark assuming the loss is to the Ravens which is the best of the teams in that jumbled mess. However, their 3-3 division mark isn't very good but will be better or the same as: Chicago (3-3/2-4 depending on what they do against Detroit) and Minnesota (3-3 assuming they lose to Green Bay)

Old 12-16-2012, 10:20 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Basically must win for the Giants next week @ Baltimore.

Seattle finishes with 2 at home. They'll probably lose to the 9ers, but they beat the Rams easily. They get 1 of the 2 wildcard sports, and if Seattle somehow wins the division, San Fran is the first wildcard. 1 of Dallas or Washing wins in week 17 to get them to at least 9 wins and the division (as well as the inter-division tiebreaker over the Giants). Chicago is in a free fall, but they have Arizona (road) and Detroit (road) the rest of the season. They should win both, but at worst split. That gets them to 9-7/10-6. Minnesota has Houston (road) Green Bay (home) rest of the way. Unless it is impossible for GB to get a bye OR #1 NFC seed, I can't see Minnesota winning 1 of those, much less both of them. I'll leave them at 8-8.

Bears are done, today was their opportunity.

Old 12-16-2012, 10:28 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
With the week 15 games in the books, the NFC playoffs look like this:

Atlanta Falcons: 12-2
San Francisco 49ers: 10-3-1
Green Bay Packers: 10-4
Washington Redskins: 8-6
Seattle Seahawks: 9-5
Minnesota Vikings: 8-6

Still in the hunt:

Chicago Bears: 8-6
Dallas Cowboys: 8-6
New York Giants: 8-6

The Seahawks have torched their last two opponents to the tune of 108-17. The Redskins are in the driver's seat to win the NFC East. This team was 3-6 and left for dead. Good story.

Minnesota have 2 games left against the texans and packers so they won't be in that 6th spot for long

Old 12-17-2012, 11:23 PM

518 posts, read 342,184 times
If the Hawks don't lose their DBs to suspension, they're going to be tough to stop, but I'm guessing they will be suspended. I like the 49ers to come out of the NFC this year, though the Pack are legit, too. The Giants just don't seem to want it this year.

I like the Broncos in the AFC. A little sluggish at times in the red zone, but they're a balanced team.

Old 12-18-2012, 06:41 AM

11,733 posts, read 11,576,448 times
I think the Packers weak Oline will cause them problems in the playoffs. They started to have somewhat of a run game for balance but no pressure from the line! Another issue going forward is the kicker, what if we need a tie breaker!

I want the Pack to be in it but when I look at the 49ers, Seattle would be a tough road. Both teams already beat them.

Old 12-18-2012, 07:13 AM

9,349 posts, read 5,588,612 times
With a 5 game winning streak, the Washington Redskins control their own destiny. They don't need help from anybody. They win their last two against Philly and then Dallas @ home, they're in.

Honestly, of all the NFC places I'd hate to play at on the road, even though Lambeau is Lambeau...Seattle might be even worse. I was at the Seahawks/Saints game during the marshawn lynch "beast mode" run a few years ago (i was living in seattle at the time). It was the most memorable sports moment of my entire life. It was so loud, my wife almost started crying because it hurt her years. The Pacific Northwest Seismic Network said that the Seattle crowd created a minor earthquake during the Lynch run. Playing in Seattle in January would be a NIGHTMARE.

Marshawn Lynch's Playoff Clinching Run Registered A Minor Earthquake - SB Nation Seattle

Old 12-18-2012, 11:36 AM

3,723 posts, read 3,893,919 times
I think it's going to be San Fran vs. Green Bay in the NFC title game. If Seattle doesn't win the division and has to go on the road, I don't like their chances. I am not sold on Atlanta, despite their blowout win over an inconsistent NY Giants team.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or