U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2013, 09:46 PM

2,533 posts, read 3,954,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
Of course they can beat San Francisco. They have a lot of cleaning up to do to correct things that happened today. When you get to this point, nothing is impossible.

I just wish you would've watched the 49er/Packer game. I was dead wrong on Kapernick. Wilson's mobility gave the Falcon defense fits today. He's a real good cool QB. But seeing Kapernick yesterday, he is on a different level. And the 49er defense is pretty good...lol.

I don't think you'll have too many fans who dispute this...
I have no doubt... being out here in Seattle I've watched the Seahawks/49ers matchups this season. I missed the game yesterday because I was at work but I am going to try to catch it on NFL replay this week.

I know Kap is the real deal... and I also know he's been up and down this season. The Falcons have had trouble with mobile QBs this season... Newton, Wilson...

But the pressure is also off and that will give the Falcons great confidence next week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2013, 06:15 AM

5,628 posts, read 4,221,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kees View Post
I have no doubt... being out here in Seattle I've watched the Seahawks/49ers matchups this season. I missed the game yesterday because I was at work but I am going to try to catch it on NFL replay this week.

I know Kap is the real deal... and I also know he's been up and down this season. The Falcons have had trouble with mobile QBs this season... Newton, Wilson...

But the pressure is also off and that will give the Falcons great confidence next week.
I don't think Wilson running was the reason for the Seahawks (almost) win yesterday.. I felt as though it was more his arm.. his mobility in the pocket was a bigger factor than his rushing yards IMO. The Falcons held Wilson's Runs in check for the most part.. now Kaep is a bit faster than Wilson so all that goes out the window.. I don't the Seahawks called many designed runs but i suspect the 49ers will.

Old 01-14-2013, 06:21 AM

11,722 posts, read 11,545,104 times
Kaep is quick, tall, long legged, runs like an antelope! I think the Falcons have trouble with the 49ers, tough call. I really don't want a Harbaugh Bowl!

I hate story lines that they can beat to death so Pats knock off Ravens or Falcons get 49ers, one or the other!

Old 01-14-2013, 06:31 AM

9,114 posts, read 15,670,466 times
Yeah, both harbaughs expressions on the sidelines really annoy me. I could be wrong but i sense a strong sense of arrogance (moreso on he SF coach). Look, you cant knock what theyve done performance wise, but i wont be personally rooting for them.

Just some random thoughts there...

Old 01-14-2013, 07:07 AM

I'm excited for the game Sunday and think the Falcons can come up with an effective gameplan. They also need to add "go for the throat" to it if they get up like they did vs the Seahawks.

Old 01-14-2013, 07:31 AM

Quote:
I'm excited for the game Sunday and think the Falcons can come up with an effective gameplan. They also need to add "go for the throat" to it if they get up like they did vs the Seahawks.
I don't know about the go for the throat thing, I think more importantly if the game is close coming down the stretch, I haven't seen anyone except for Tom Brady/Eli Manning be able to make a comeback w/so little time on the clock...those 2 passes at the end esp to Gonzalez was damn impressive.....

Heck, even after the game Tony admitted he thought they were going to lose....

Ya gotta love his candor....

Old 01-14-2013, 08:01 AM

1,446 posts, read 2,288,281 times
Very entertaining Falcons-Seahawks game yesterday. I was rooting for Atlanta and thought they were going to blow it. I'm so glad the Falcons won and got the playoff win monkey off their backs. I will admit I was surprised at how handily the 49ers beat the Pack on Saturday. That was impressive.

I think the line is about right. 49ers are a favorite, but that is somewhat mitigated by the fact they are playing in Atlanta. And while the 49ers are looking good, it isn't like they are some juggernaut. Just a few weeks ago they lost pretty badly to the same Seahawks that the Falcons just beat. I also feel like Atlanta can play more loosely now. They had to be feeling the pressure yesterday, but as someone else said, now they are playing with House money. Looking forward to the game Sunday!

Old 01-14-2013, 08:55 AM

833 posts, read 955,928 times
If the 49ers play like they did against the Packers they should have an easy time in Atlanta. Kaepernick just gives the 49ers an added threat with his running which is very difficult to defend, even for a good defense. Its also quite evident that he can make big plays with his arm as well. Coupled with the fact that the 49ers have one of the better defenses in the NFL, makes them a favorite to advance to the Super Bowl. That said, the last two games that the 49ers lost during the regular season, were on the road on turf vs the Seahawks and Rams. Sundays game will be on the road and on turf. As I recall those games were really physical, so the Falcons will need to play really physical to have a chance in IMO.

Old 01-14-2013, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
I don't know about the go for the throat thing, I think more importantly if the game is close coming down the stretch, I haven't seen anyone except for Tom Brady/Eli Manning be able to make a comeback w/so little time on the clock...those 2 passes at the end esp to Gonzalez was damn impressive.....

Heck, even after the game Tony admitted he thought they were going to lose....

Ya gotta love his candor....
It's how he got the nickname "Matty Ice."

Did I think the Falcons had blown it? Absolutely. I was ready to vomit. I was preparing to call Verizon to change my phone number because all the Seahawks fans I know would never stop calling...

At the same time when I saw 25 seconds and 2 timeouts I thought back to the Bears game in his 2008 rookie season.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmJRVcFrDmE

He's done it before and he did it in the playoffs. So clutch. Ryan is the man I want with the ball in these situations.

The same can be said about Matt Bryant. Our kicker is money in the clutch.

Last edited by Kees; 01-14-2013 at 09:14 AM..

Old 01-14-2013, 09:30 AM

Quote:
It's how he got the nickname "Matty Ice."

Did I think the Falcons had blown it? Absolutely. I was ready to vomit. I was preparing to call Verizon to change my phone number because all the Seahawks fans I know would never stop calling...

At the same time when I saw 25 seconds and 2 timeouts I thought back to the Bears game in his 2008 rookie season.

Falcons/Bears 2008 Amazing Finish - YouTube

He's done it before and he did it in the playoffs. So clutch. Ryan is the man I want with the ball in these situations.

The same can be said about Matt Bryant. Our kicker is money in the clutch.
We'll, its one thing to do it in the regular season (amazing comeback), but to do it in the playoffs w/so much on the line is pretty special.

I think its obvious Atlanta has a huge edge in the field goal kicking department. I haven't spent much time reading the 49er blogs but I'd be curious to find out what the heck happened to Akers...the guy was money but something happened this year and he's fallen off the cliff....I think most 49er fans hold their breath when he kicks now....Bryant is rediculous. The guy's got a cannon for a leg. He's one of a handful that I'd want kicking.... Phil Dawson comes to mind, the guy from Tennessee was money (cant remember his name)....That one from 49 that Bryant kicked to win it would've been good from 59 IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or