U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-23-2012, 10:24 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Washington
2,533 posts, read 4,043,118 times
Reputation: 2818

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I know all of that, what I meant was why does that matter because HFA doesn't not mean you go to the Superbowl automatically
Of course it doesn't... but it's a prime position to be in.

If you ask any team "would you like a bye and all your playoff games at home?" how many do you think would say no? LOL

Go Falcons!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-23-2012, 10:37 PM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,606 posts, read 51,421,890 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kees View Post
Of course it doesn't... but it's a prime position to be in.

If you ask any team "would you like a bye and all your playoff games at home?" how many do you think would say no? LOL

Go Falcons!

The Falcons are a Joke and it will be shown in January, BOOK IT
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-23-2012, 11:07 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Washington
2,533 posts, read 4,043,118 times
Reputation: 2818
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
The Falcons are a Joke and it will be shown in January, BOOK IT
Riiight... because a 13-2 team can't possibly be good. Nobody cares about 2008, 2010 and 2011 playoff losses.... it's a new season and this is an improved team on both sides of the ball as well as coaching.

7-0 at home pending the meaningless season finale next weekend...

Playoff games are at home.

Bring it....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-23-2012, 11:08 PM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,606 posts, read 51,421,890 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kees View Post
Riiight... because a 13-2 team can't possibly be good. Nobody cares about 2008, 2010 and 2011 playoff losses.... it's a new season and this is an improved team on both sides of the ball as well as coaching.

7-0 at home pending the meaningless season finale next weekend...

Playoff games are at home.

Bring it....


Well until they show me something in January they ate fraudulent. They have to prove me wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-23-2012, 11:14 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Washington
2,533 posts, read 4,043,118 times
Reputation: 2818
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Well until they show me something in January they ate fraudulent. They have to prove me wrong.

"We love the haters, man," said Falcons cornerback Asante Samuel , who had the first of two interceptions against Eli Manning . "The haters keep us going. So keep your hate coming. We love it. It makes us play with a chip on our shoulder."

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-24-2012, 06:18 AM
 
Location: Two Rivers, Wisconsin
12,185 posts, read 11,894,516 times
Reputation: 12604
NFC goes down to the wire, week 17 has meaning for several teams. Can't wait for the playoffs to start. Some talk will always be the same, Ryan hasn't won in the post season, Packers homefield advantage doesn't necessarily help them!

Every year, every team is different, no guarantees until the games are played. I do know the Packers wouldn't mind going to Atlanta to play the Falcons. Seahawks are going to be tough, they are a complete team, all phases.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-24-2012, 06:48 AM
 
Location: Indianapolis
3,675 posts, read 7,976,033 times
Reputation: 2337
Cowboys vs. Redskins for the house.... Enough said! Very nervous and also excited.... Hail yeah!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-24-2012, 07:30 AM
 
Location: Fredericksburg/Virginia Beach, VA
10,923 posts, read 11,466,281 times
Reputation: 14365
One game remains, and unlike the AFC, there is still a lot undetermined in the NFC. After the week 16 action, here is the playoff picture:

Atlanta Falcons: 13-2
Green Bay Packers: 11-4
San Francisco 49ers: 10-4-1
Washington Redskins: 9-6
Seattle Seahawks: 10-5
Minnesota Vikings: 9-6

In the AFC the playoff teams are decided. In the NFC there are still a few teams with an outside shot to get in:

Chicago Bears: 9-6
Dallas Cowboys: 8-7
New York Giants: 8-7

The Dallas Cowboys and the Washington Redskins have the easiest playoff clinching scenario. Win and you're in. They play each other, so this game will be for the division title. I think it is automatically the game of the week for this reason and will probably follow it closely. Meanwhile all these other teams that are outside looking in need a massive series of wins and losses by all the right teams in order to get into the playoffs.

Also, the Seahawks can still win the NFC West if they beat the Rams and the 49ers lose to the Cardinals. Nobody wants to go to Seattle and play these Seahawks in January in the Wild Card round, so those games are significant to the overall playoff picture as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-24-2012, 10:24 AM
 
Location: Seattle, Washington
2,533 posts, read 4,043,118 times
Reputation: 2818
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
I do know the Packers wouldn't mind going to Atlanta to play the Falcons. Seahawks are going to be tough, they are a complete team, all phases.
I think Atlanta would love to see Green Bay again... wouldn't happen before the NFC championship game though.

As for Seattle... sure.. they are 7-0 at home (just like the Falcons) but the Seahawks are 3-5 on the road and barring a miracle division win and a 1st round home game they will have to win 3 straight road games to reach the Super Bowl.

Seattle has pretty much been crap on the road the entire season leading up to the Buffalo game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-24-2012, 10:37 AM
 
Location: Fredericksburg/Virginia Beach, VA
10,923 posts, read 11,466,281 times
Reputation: 14365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kees View Post
I think Atlanta would love to see Green Bay again... wouldn't happen before the NFC championship game though.

As for Seattle... sure.. they are 7-0 at home (just like the Falcons) but the Seahawks are 3-5 on the road and barring a miracle division win and a 1st round home game they will have to win 3 straight road games to reach the Super Bowl.

Seattle has pretty much been crap on the road the entire season leading up to the Buffalo game.
I think the Seahawks first playoff game comes down to if they have to travel to Dallas or Washington. I don't see them beating the Redskins, but I think they would be able to handle the Cowboys in Dallas. So it depends on how the games this last week of the regular season play out. The Seahawks certainly look like a contender right now, but I agree that they need to overcome some serious road woes against some really good teams if they are going to make a trip to the Super Bowl.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top