Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2012, 07:57 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,656,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
I think 'Skins have a chance. The Vikes should get some respect, Ponder is coming along, great arm when he has time.
i know there are skins fans on here, but their only shot would've been to ride a wave of emotion w/a HEALTHY RGIII.

He is not 100% and when they play away from home, they won't have the major advantage they had last night.

I'm sure they'll play hard and ride Morris as far as they can, but Dallas/Ryan had an Awful scheme last night...Washington is a dog at HOME next week, what does that tell you?

playing in GB will be no way like playing in Minnesota...I don't see GB losing. Ponder is no Eli Manning. I'd be surprised if Minn won next week. Thats why GB is already a 7 1/2 pt favorite....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2012, 08:05 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,073,939 times
It's funny, because the Seahawks and Redskins are the exact same team on offense. Both teams have young, athletic, SMART quarterbacks. Both teams have big, bruising running backs. Both teams have young, talented wide receiving corps, but no big name "top 10" guys at the position.

Just like Alfred Morris does for RG3, the only reason Wilson was so good this year was due to the threat of and respect for Marshawn Lynch. Redskins have a very strong run defense, but one of the worst passing defenses in the league.

Seahawks defense is so good, its almost not fair.

I think this game goes one of two ways: Morris vs Lynch and a low scoring, ground and pound game like 13-10, or an all out shootout between RG3 vs Wilson and a 34-30 kinda game.

Old 12-31-2012, 08:26 AM

3,681 posts, read 9,020,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
i know there are skins fans on here, but their only shot would've been to ride a wave of emotion w/a HEALTHY RGIII.

He is not 100% and when they play away from home, they won't have the major advantage they had last night.

I'm sure they'll play hard and ride Morris as far as they can, but Dallas/Ryan had an Awful scheme last night...Washington is a dog at HOME next week, what does that tell you?....
And that's okay, we are fine with that! Most Redskin fans are thrilled not only about sweeping the Cowboys in primetime both times but also knocking them out of the playoffs... Not to mention winning 10 games and the division... If they win any more games this year, it's just gravy! We are thrilled with what they have done this year win or lose next weekend....

Old 12-31-2012, 09:05 AM

2,222 posts, read 3,586,030 times
Quote:

Rob's knee will be fine in two weeks, and RGIII at 80% speed is still faster than faster than the vast majority of defenders at 100% speed.

And yes the Skins are 2.5 point dogs at home ... but that's the closest line of any game this weekend.

Old 12-31-2012, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
It's funny, because the Seahawks and Redskins are the exact same team on offense. Both teams have young, athletic, SMART quarterbacks. Both teams have big, bruising running backs. Both teams have young, talented wide receiving corps, but no big name "top 10" guys at the position.

Just like Alfred Morris does for RG3, the only reason Wilson was so good this year was due to the threat of and respect for Marshawn Lynch. Redskins have a very strong run defense, but one of the worst passing defenses in the league.

Seahawks defense is so good, its almost not fair.

I think this game goes one of two ways: Morris vs Lynch and a low scoring, ground and pound game like 13-10, or an all out shootout between RG3 vs Wilson and a 34-30 kinda game.
Agree...odds are the game will come down to 1 possession in the 4th quarter....

Old 12-31-2012, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
And that's okay, we are fine with that! Most Redskin fans are thrilled not only about sweeping the Cowboys in primetime both times but also knocking them out of the playoffs... Not to mention winning 10 games and the division... If they win any more games this year, it's just gravy! We are thrilled with what they have done this year win or lose next weekend....
Hey, I agree and I don't blame you.....everything for the skins at this point is gravy.

Old 12-31-2012, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbiggs View Post
Rob's knee will be fine in two weeks, and RGIII at 80% speed is still faster than faster than the vast majority of defenders at 100% speed.

And yes the Skins are 2.5 point dogs at home ... but that's the closest line of any game this weekend.
JOhn, you are not looking at this objectively unfortunately....

1. The line. You get an automatic 3 points if you are home, so the bookmakers are figuring the seahawks are about a 5 1/2 point fav on a neutral site. Being a home dog in the playoffs means you are not respected. I can see 1 other team that happening to this yr and that would be the Falcons...

2. RGIII is NOT even 80% of what he normally is. Its so freakin obvious. He was favoring the knee all night and his runs were not spectacular. They were a result of Ware overpursing the middle...You get a good defense and the Skins won't score more than 7-10 points.

I'm NOT bashing the skins. They deserve to be proud after starting 3-6. I would've LOVED to see this team in the playoffs w/a healthy RGIII....However at some point if you are a fan, you have to take a break from the kool-aid and step back.

Old 12-31-2012, 10:32 AM

14,294 posts, read 14,540,545 times
However at some point if you are a fan, you have to take a break from the kool-aid and step back.

Great point and as fans, very hard to do sometimes! This weekends games will be awesome! Amazing really when you think of the rookie QBs, Peyton coming back, Peterson, what a year! Exciting times, no doubt about it!

Old 12-31-2012, 10:54 AM

Is anyone surprised at the TV schedule?

I think they got it right in the wildcard round in terms of maximizing ratings.. (highest ratings will be sat night and sund afternoon)

However, this is where the NFL annoys me...they don't care about the fans because a night game in Lambeau makes no sense..(just like they did in Foxboro for many years..)

Old 12-31-2012, 11:06 AM

23,769 posts, read 28,887,797 times
Quote:
Is anyone surprised at the TV schedule?

I think they got it right in the wildcard round in terms of maximizing ratings.. (highest ratings will be sat night and sund afternoon)

However, this is where the NFL annoys me...they don't care about the fans because a night game in Lambeau makes no sense..(just like they did in Foxboro for many years..)
I know they're a bit behind the times, but doesn't Green Bay have them new-fangled electric lights yet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football