U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 10:19 PM

2,223 posts, read 2,999,940 times

Advertisements

... and handed it to Tom Brady. What a gritty win for a young QB.

So what to make of the situation now: is Alex Smith done in San Francisco? Is Kaep now a bona fide superstar? Can he himself pull a Brady-like run from 2nd string to Super Bowl champ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2012, 10:25 PM

6,551 posts, read 4,505,106 times
Smith was going to end up in Arizona after this season regardless of how Kapernick finished the season.
This basically puts that in stone

Old 12-17-2012, 07:05 AM

3,723 posts, read 3,886,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbiggs View Post
... and handed it to Tom Brady. What a gritty win for a young QB.

So what to make of the situation now: is Alex Smith done in San Francisco? Is Kaep now a bona fide superstar? Can he himself pull a Brady-like run from 2nd string to Super Bowl champ?
While it was a big win for the 49ers, I would not say Colin "handed it" it to Brady. Especially when Tom carved up the San Fran defense for almost 450 yards.

He's definitely having a solid season. I think the jury is still out on his long term success in the NFL. Remember, NFL defenses will probably begin to adapt to his playing style. If he keeps this up through next season, then the 49ers definitely have a winner on their hands.

Have to feel bad for Alex Smith though. He finally turned things around last season only to pretty much lose the job this year.

Old 12-17-2012, 07:34 AM

23,655 posts, read 33,482,984 times
At this point, I would be stunned if Alex Smith didn't at least request to be shipped out of town. I doubt the 49ers would trade with the Cardinals as divisional opponents. I would put Jacksonville as a darkhorse to get Alex Smith.

Old 12-17-2012, 07:51 AM

9,349 posts, read 5,577,302 times
Kaepernick went beast mode last night. Loved watching Brady's smug ass get beatdown at home, just a week after he was doing all that chucking and jiving and fist pumping against Houston. How does it feel now, bro? get some!

Old 12-17-2012, 08:11 AM

2,772 posts, read 2,378,084 times
That was a great performance by the 49ers. There are not many teams in history can de-rail the Brady freight train once it starts. I almost went to bed because I thought the Patriots were going to come back & win like they often do.
I'm a Packers fan, so I'm hoping that somehow the seahawks will win next week so the packers won't have to play in San Francisco in the playoffs, IF it comes down to that.

Old 12-17-2012, 08:28 AM

6,569 posts, read 10,299,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
While it was a big win for the 49ers, I would not say Colin "handed it" it to Brady. Especially when Tom carved up the San Fran defense for almost 450 yards.

He's definitely having a solid season. I think the jury is still out on his long term success in the NFL. Remember, NFL defenses will probably begin to adapt to his playing style. If he keeps this up through next season, then the 49ers definitely have a winner on their hands.

Have to feel bad for Alex Smith though. He finally turned things around last season only to pretty much lose the job this year.
I think that as guys like Kaepernick, RG3, and Cam Newton develop you're going to see them dialed back into the prototypical pocket passer mold because QBs make way too much money to be taking hits toting the rock all game. I know folks would love to see NFL QBs evolve into true dual-threats, but with all that cash on the line and rules designed to shield passers and receivers it's not gonna happen.

Old 12-18-2012, 03:00 PM

139 posts, read 115,155 times
It was a good game.
Glad to see Tom Brady get dialed down a notch.
A warm weather team winning in Foxsborough. That is special.

I agree dual threat quarterbacks are fun to watch, but its not a very good idea healthwise. Defenses do figure them out and then, whammo!

Old 12-18-2012, 08:06 PM

2,532 posts, read 4,963,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Kaepernick went beast mode last night. Loved watching Brady's smug ass get beatdown at home, just a week after he was doing all that chucking and jiving and fist pumping against Houston. How does it feel now, bro? get some!
I wouldn't put Kaepernick in the hall of fame just yet..... As for Brady, he beat the best team in football at the time.

Old 12-19-2012, 05:50 AM

5,631 posts, read 4,231,097 times
Kaepernick was good even great at times but he was also bad at times. He fumbled at least 3 snaps and was damn fortunate to pick those up... The Patriots shot themselves in the foot far more than they would typically do.. i think they had 4 turnovers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football