U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 08:01 AM

139 posts, read 115,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
He wasn't successful early in his career. He had one decent season out of four. Only reason the team did well early was because of the defense.
Well then, let us say more successful. He received Rookie of the Week 3 times in 2009. They went to the playoffs twice with Sanchez at center even though people said they backed into it. He came out of those two playoff games with an average 94.3 passer rating. (yes, I know. Stats can be deceiving) Still, the numbers he had as a passer werent due to the defense.
He also has a left knee injury that plagues him. He received the injury during his college career at USC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2012, 08:14 AM

17,579 posts, read 39,770,900 times
I hear Joe Namath this morning on Mike and Mike. He was defending Sanchez. Saying he is better than his numbers show and better than how he has been playing. He said he think Sanchez will be a very successful player in the NFL, just not with the Jets. I don't know. I just don't see it.

Old 12-19-2012, 04:49 PM

139 posts, read 115,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
I hear Joe Namath this morning on Mike and Mike. He was defending Sanchez. Saying he is better than his numbers show and better than how he has been playing. He said he think Sanchez will be a very successful player in the NFL, just not with the Jets. I don't know. I just don't see it.
That was my next thought. He needs to go elsewhere.

Old 12-19-2012, 04:55 PM

1,887 posts, read 1,793,371 times
Agreed, Sanchez needs a change of scene. He has the tools, but perhaps not the sharpest decision making skills. His interceptions the past 60 games are off the charts.
I have to say, I'm not sorry the Jet's are in disarray being diehard Patriots fan, but maybe Sanchez's ultimate revenge will be Ryan getting the axe when season is over.

Old 12-19-2012, 11:26 PM

9,417 posts, read 17,394,763 times
I had bet against the Jets for Monday night's game, and I mean just that, "against the Jets." They seem to be finding ways to lose, and Monday night's finish was classic. It was like a Three Stooges comedy act. I feel for Jets fans... and the team itself.

Old 12-19-2012, 11:39 PM

6,560 posts, read 10,270,983 times
According to ESPN, "league sources" are saying the Jets are looking into the possibility of trading Sanchez and dumping Tebow. I think that Tebow has one more season to show he can be a competent passer (not likely). He's going to have to switch positions or find something else to do.

Old 12-20-2012, 02:39 AM

1,483 posts, read 2,916,621 times
Jets management are stupid. The team will not improve until there is a management change.

Old 12-20-2012, 05:22 AM

17,579 posts, read 39,770,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
According to ESPN, "league sources" are saying the Jets are looking into the possibility of trading Sanchez and dumping Tebow. I think that Tebow has one more season to show he can be a competent passer (not likely). He's going to have to switch positions or find something else to do.
If they trade Sanchez they are going to have to chip in quite a bit of money. I can't see anyone taking on that kind of salary.

Old 12-20-2012, 07:04 AM

248 posts, read 614,439 times
Trust me, this team is FUBAR.

The best course of action is for the NFL to go with 31 teams from here on out. Everyone wins in the end with the Jets' assets liquidated and put to better use elsewhere. I'm sure there are a lot of great players that could be put to better use on other teams.

Also, as bad at offense as Rex Ryan was when it came to quarterback, that guy is a defensive GENIUS. I say he should go back to being a defensive coordinator for a different team.

Old 12-20-2012, 07:07 AM

2,999 posts, read 3,157,029 times
As a Pats fan for the last 20 years, gotta say I love what I am seeing from the Jets organization...........please keep it up. Merry Christmas!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football