U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 11:25 AM

2,327 posts, read 6,237,174 times

Advertisements

Playing for all the fantasy marbles this weekend. We start 2 QBs in our league. I have Newton, Roethlisberger, and Wilson. Newton is a definite start. Trying to decide who my other guy is going to be.

Big Ben is facing Cincinnati who he scored 24 against earlier this season using our scoring system. Wilson has a tougher matchup in San Fran. He put up a measly 3.77 against them a couple months ago.

However, Wilson is RED HOT right now and Big Ben still doesn't seem to be completely recovered from his injury. I left about 20 points on the table last week by starting Ben over Russell, but luckily I advanced anyway due to my semifinal opponent having an uncharacteristically awful week.

Any fantasy experts want to offer an opinion???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2012, 11:28 AM

9,349 posts, read 5,563,395 times
I love Wilson, he's been on my bench all year behind Brees. But i'm scared for him against that 49ers defense. San Fran has the #1 rushing defense in the NFL, meaning Wilson will have to throw a lot. And the 49ers front 7 gets after the QB as well as any team in the league. I'm in the superbowl too for my fantasy, and I have marshawn lynch, the #2 RB in the nfl. I'm sitting him on sunday against san fran. that's the respect I have for that defense.

Bengals have a good pass rush, and might get after Big Ben. Honestly, not that I would have the balls to do it, but the way he's been playing lately, Cam Newton against a GOD AWFUL Raiders team might be a sleeper pick.

But I'd honestly suggest Big Ben vs Bengals. Pitt is playing for a playoff spot and should bring their A game.

Old 12-20-2012, 11:31 AM

13,343 posts, read 17,402,276 times
Wilson just feasted on a coupe of cellar dwellers so I'm not yet convinced he'll be able to do that against SF.
I'd go Big Ben for the safer play.

Old 12-20-2012, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
I love Wilson, he's been on my bench all year behind Brees. But i'm scared for him against that 49ers defense. San Fran has the #1 rushing defense in the NFL, meaning Wilson will have to throw a lot. And the 49ers front 7 gets after the QB as well as any team in the league. I'm in the superbowl too for my fantasy, and I have marshawn lynch, the #2 RB in the nfl. I'm sitting him on sunday against san fran. that's the respect I have for that defense.

Bengals have a good pass rush, and might get after Big Ben. Honestly, not that I would have the balls to do it, but the way he's been playing lately, Cam Newton against a GOD AWFUL Raiders team might be a sleeper pick.

But I'd honestly suggest Big Ben vs Bengals. Pitt is playing for a playoff spot and should bring their A game.

I don't know who else you have at RB but there's an old ff adage: Never Bench Your Studs!

Old 12-20-2012, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
I don't know who else you have at RB but there's an old ff adage: Never Bench Your Studs!
I've got Alfred Morris and Arian Foster.

I agree with Jaypee that Wilson might put in stinker this sunday. Again, i LOVE Russell Wilson, and the Seahawks are on a roll the last two weeks, scoring over 50 points in back to back games. Crazy!

However, they did that against the 5-9 Buffalo Bills and the 4-9 Arizona Cardinals who have lost 8 of their last 9. Seahawks will be facing the #1 overall defense in the NFL, #1 against the rush and #5 against the pass.

In Seattle's first game against the San Fran 49ers this year, they only scored 6 points...

Old 12-20-2012, 01:50 PM

17,032 posts, read 26,870,341 times
Is Wilson at home or away? Hawks are tough at home and it may warrant a start. But SF is tougher than Cincy so my lean is Big Ben.

Old 12-20-2012, 02:07 PM

hawks are at home, so that is huge for them. still, that 49ers defense is damn tough.

Old 12-20-2012, 02:51 PM

8,114 posts, read 17,323,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
hawks are at home, so that is huge for them. still, that 49ers defense is damn tough.
True that, but Brady just hung 443 passing yards on them.

Question for OP: does your league award additional points for rushing TDs for QBs?

Old 12-20-2012, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
True that, but Brady just hung 443 passing yards on them.

Question for OP: does your league award additional points for rushing TDs for QBs?
1) Russell Wilson is no Tom Brady ... and SEA doesn't run the no-huddle like NE.
2) 4 pts for TD pass, 6 pts for TD rush/receiving is pretty standard ... this applies across all positions in my league.

Old 12-21-2012, 10:41 AM

2,327 posts, read 6,237,174 times
Thanks for all the input, everyone! Maybe it would help if I went into more detail about our scoring system for QBs:

4 points per TD pass
6 points per rushing TD
1 point per 20 passing yards
1 point per 15 rushing yards
0.5 points per completion
-0.5 points per incompletion
0.5 points per rushing attempt (I think this is gay, but our league is a democracy and I'm in the minority...)
-1 point per sack
-2 points per interception
-2 points per lost fumble
-6 points per pick six

I think that's about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or