U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 08:59 AM

219 posts, read 154,565 times

Advertisements

If that owner can make $$$$$$$$$ on TT jersey sales I think they might sign him. I actually heard Jax is one of the lower performing teams in the league as far as revenue and there was even speculation they would move not long ago.

See: https://www.google.com/#hl=en&safe=o...w=1024&bih=673

Just think though if TT went there and tore it up. Could really help the franchise. I doubt it will happen though.

Old 12-28-2012, 09:03 AM

10,720 posts, read 17,446,753 times
Tebow asked to be traded to the Jets. He could have went to Jacksonville and chose to be a backup for the Jets. Tebow made a poor choice last year and could make another one by asking to be traded to a team like Arizona.

Old 12-28-2012, 09:04 AM

589 posts, read 745,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptic View Post
If that owner can make $$$$$$$$$ on TT jersey sales I think they might sign him. I actually heard Jax is one of the lower performing teams in the league as far as revenue and there was even speculation they would move not long ago.

See: https://www.google.com/#hl=en&safe=o...w=1024&bih=673

Just think though if TT went there and tore it up. Could really help the franchise. I doubt it will happen though.

TT tear it up? Really? And if that doesn't work out, maybe we can sign Ryan Leaf, and see if he'll tear it up.

You hit on what's going to eventually happen. The Jags will move, sooner or later. Probably sooner. They already would have, if LA could get out out of its own way, and come up with a stadium solution.

Old 12-28-2012, 09:28 AM

9,349 posts, read 5,566,706 times
Timmy is a God in Jacksonville, and thogh coaches and players probably dont want it, i could see the ownermaking tebow a Jag. He would definitely help generate some cash.

Old 12-28-2012, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
Tebow asked to be traded to the Jets. He could have went to Jacksonville and chose to be a backup for the Jets. Tebow made a poor choice last year and could make another one by asking to be traded to a team like Arizona.

No, he went to the Jets last year because after checking out Jacksonville, it was pretty clear that they weren't very excited to have him. The Jags weren't willing to give the Bronco's much of anything for him.

They made it clear that his best opportunity was to go elsewhere. That's why he 'picked' the Jets.

Old 12-28-2012, 12:45 PM

10,691 posts, read 11,695,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
He didnt ask to be traded... John Elway did it.

Old 12-28-2012, 12:51 PM

8,340 posts, read 14,100,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
He didnt ask to be traded... John Elway did it.
Tebow had the choice to be traded to New York or Jax. He picked new York.

Tim Tebow can pick trade to New York Jets or Jacksonville Jaguars, source says - ESPN New York

Old 12-28-2012, 02:06 PM

13,343 posts, read 17,408,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbub22 View Post
And I stand by that. I am simply stating that I think that he has what it takes to be an NFL QB. And, to be honest, I do not want him leading my 49ers. JAX should give him a shot, they need a leader. QB is not all about statistics. QB must be a leader with strong motivational skills, drive and determination. Those characteristics will provide positive results for the Team...=wins!!!

I agree there are intangibles that separate the good from the great QBs, but you have to have the physical and mental skills as well. It is the latter that translates into decent/comparable stats.
Heck, his Jets teammates aren't exactly pining for him to start and even allegedly talk crap about his skills. They (and the coaches) see him everyday in practice.

Old 12-28-2012, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
Tebow had the choice to be traded to New York or Jax. He picked new York.

Tim Tebow can pick trade to New York Jets or Jacksonville Jaguars, source says - ESPN New York

Nope, I live here in Jacksonville.

This is all just PR spin. It makes Denver look like good guys, even though they're dumping Tebow, and it makes Tebow look like he's in high demand.

Denver delt him to the Jets because Jacksonville wouldn't offer anywhere near the same value as the Jets were willing to. Jacksonville had to go through the motions of going after him, simply to keep all of the Tebow lovers around here off their back. But the Jags heart was never in it, and their offer to the Bronco's was basically nothing.

Does anyone really think that Tebow would have voluntarily chosen the Jets, when he could have gone to his home town team, for the same money, and the chance to compete against Blaine Gabbbert, for the starting job?

Business is business.

Old 12-28-2012, 06:54 PM

8,340 posts, read 14,100,781 times
(Mod edit-one sentence deleted)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad58 View Post
This is all just PR spin. It makes Denver look like good guys, even though they're dumping Tebow, and it makes Tebow look like he's in high demand.

Denver delt him to the Jets because Jacksonville wouldn't offer anywhere near the same value as the Jets were willing to. Jacksonville had to go through the motions of going after him, simply to keep all of the Tebow lovers around here off their back. But the Jags heart was never in it, and their offer to the Bronco's was basically nothing.

Does anyone really think that Tebow would have voluntarily chosen the Jets, when he could have gone to his home town team, for the same money, and the chance to compete against Blaine Gabbbert, for the starting job?

Business is business.
Everybody knows Tebow dictates all moves teams make, in the name of God. If Tebow wanted to go to Jacksonville, he would have orchestrated such.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 12-28-2012 at 09:01 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football