U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 12:28 PM

72,214 posts, read 83,931,490 times

Advertisements

I just hope wherever he ends up he gets a chance to really play and we will see if he can make it or not.Maybe it is time to convert him to another position; how many said, while he was still in college, he couldn't make it in the pros as a quarterback...

Old 12-29-2012, 02:26 PM

589 posts, read 747,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I just hope wherever he ends up he gets a chance to really play and we will see if he can make it or not.Maybe it is time to convert him to another position; how many said, while he was still in college, he couldn't make it in the pros as a quarterback...

He's had chances to play, everywhere he's been.

In all sports, you get a chance in practice, every day. If a player can't cut it in practice, no coach is going to give that player a chance in a real game. A player has to earn game time, by proving he's the best option, during practice.

So, for all of those Tebow slurpers who are saying that he hasn't had a fair chance, I say to them, "if he didn't stink so bad in practice, he might get a chance to play in a real game."

Look, pro football is probably the purest form of 'survival of the fittest', that we have in society. No one has anything against Tebow. No coach is going to keep Tebow on the bench, if that coach really thought Tebow could help him win, because winning is the only way a coach gets to keep his job. And no front office exec (Elway) is going to trade Tebow if they thought it was in the teams best interest to keep him.

Tebow's in the situation he's in, because that's where his skill set dictates he should be. He won't be the first Heisman Trophy winning Qb to be a total bust in the pros. (Danny Wuerffel, Troy Smith, Chris Weinke, Matt Leinart, Jason White, Eric Crouch, etc) I don't understand why so many people feel that he deserves a degree of consideration, that all other failed draft choices who came before him, never received.

In the end, Tebow should see the writing on the wall, and go to the CFL. That's the league for him. It has a much larger field, and spread offenses rule there.

Old 12-29-2012, 10:21 PM

28,652 posts, read 15,543,542 times
I'm all for Tebow succeeding - but I agree on the practice aspect.

I used to coach my son's baseball teams for years. Kids want to play the infield, but I would not put them there until I felt like they could handle themselves and not get hurt or embarrass themselves and hurt the team. They have to prove that at practice.

Old 12-30-2012, 04:53 PM

1,600 posts, read 1,960,159 times
Ok the season is finally over. Can we put an end to Tebow-mania and let him find his fortune in Florida? We SO need to clean house...

Old 12-30-2012, 10:22 PM

336 posts, read 388,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by npaladin2000 View Post
Ok the season is finally over. Can we put an end to Tebow-mania and let him find his fortune in Florida? We SO need to clean house...
What do you have against Florida?

Old 12-31-2012, 06:56 AM

Not a thing. I just figure with three teams down there one of them should have a relatively decent QB.

Old 12-31-2012, 11:46 AM

336 posts, read 388,750 times
Quote:
Not a thing. I just figure with three teams down there one of them should have a relatively decent QB.

I (along with 32 NFL GM's) would take Henne, Gabbert, Freeman, Tennehill, or Moore over an overhyped glorified H back, any day of the week.

No thanks. You guys were stupid enough to sign him in the first place. You can keep him.

Old 12-31-2012, 11:48 AM

We'll see about that. If you don't want him, send him to Cleveland.

Personally I'd like to keep him in NY, but Tannenbaum insulted and degraded him so much he's not going to want to stay.

Old 12-31-2012, 03:01 PM

13,343 posts, read 17,474,048 times
Quote:
We'll see about that. If you don't want him, send him to Cleveland.

Personally I'd like to keep him in NY, but Tannenbaum insulted and degraded him so much he's not going to want to stay.

Tannenbaum did?
Well, he's gone now ...

Old 12-31-2012, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
Tannenbaum did?
Well, he's gone now ...
You really think bringing Tebow in was Ryan's idea? The whole project was Tannenbaum's baby.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football