Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 12:31 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,110,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by warren zee View Post
The only reason Ryan is going back to Sanchez is because he's a jerk.
I agree with that LOL. I honestly feel that Tebow deserves a shot this weekend. I mean, why not?

Last edited by skins_fan82; 12-27-2012 at 12:50 PM..

Old 12-27-2012, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
Funny, I didn't read that during the playoff run last year.
maybe from other people, but you didn't hear anything like that from me.

Like I said, it was a fun ride here in Denver last year, hell I was at the playoff game when Tebow threw the 80 yard TD to DM Thomas. But if I were a fan of any NFL team, I would not want Tim Tebow as my starting QB.

Old 12-27-2012, 01:26 PM

1,483 posts, read 3,307,942 times
Default Thats right

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
Using your logic, we should be using Wins to evaluate QB talent/skill/capability?
Lol .. wins is a team stat.
And I stand by that. I am simply stating that I think that he has what it takes to be an NFL QB. And, to be honest, I do not want him leading my 49ers. JAX should give him a shot, they need a leader. QB is not all about statistics. QB must be a leader with strong motivational skills, drive and determination. Those characteristics will provide positive results for the Team...=wins!!!

Old 12-27-2012, 01:40 PM

589 posts, read 850,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbub22 View Post
I firmly believe Tim is an NFL QB and that he will be successful. Coaches are fixated on his mechanics, when wins should be the primary focus. I believe the cards are stacked against him, and that Jax is his last opportunity as a QB.

The Bronco's won last year, because of their defense, and in spite of Tebow. The scores of last years wins, and the record of the team this year, with a real NFL QB prove that.

Coaches are fixated on his poor mechanics, because in the 5 seconds it takes Tebow to wind up and actually finally throw the ball, ANY half decent NFL cornerback will have already broken on the ball, and will be waiting to pick it off.

The only reason he hasn't thrown a lot more picks, is because he's so inaccurate, he manages to miss the intended receiver, the defensive back, the entire playing field, and just about everything else.

Old 12-27-2012, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
Just curious, did you make these same comments last year at this time, or did it take a healthy Peyton Manning to do it? I wonder if you would've made the same comments if Peyton injured his neck and wasn't healthy enough to play.

Point being, its extremely easy for anyone in Denver to Monday morning QB/comment on it now...lol

Geez, this is incredible.

Look at the scores last year. It was the DEFENSE that won for Denver last year. NOT Tebow.

That's what Elway understood, and why he was so quick to dump him last year.

But, what does Elway know about playing QB in the NFL, right?

Old 12-27-2012, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Plus if Tebow does well and the Jets decide to let him go anyway, the media and the Tebowmaniacs would show the Jets front office no mercy.

What??

How many 'Tebowmaniacs' are there in the NYC area. Two or three, at best? That has nothing to do with it.

Maybe, just maybe, the reason that Ryan is starting Sanchez is because Sanchez, as bad as he is, is still light years better than Tebow.

There's a reason why the putrid Jacksonville Jags are the ONLY team in the entire league who have any interest in Tebow.

Old 12-27-2012, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
I agree with that LOL. I honestly feel that Tebow deserves a shot this weekend. I mean, why not?

Because the Jets have already seen enough of Tebow to be 100% sure that he will never be able to get the job done. They've already decided to let him go, so why play him.

Because, as bad as Sanchez has been, he's still light years better than Tebow.

Because it looks like with the way his contract is written, and the salary cap hit that would be involved, the Jets will likely have to keep Sanchez next year too. So, may as well try to get him some confidence back, for the potential good of next years team.

Old 12-27-2012, 01:52 PM

1,483 posts, read 3,307,942 times
I am not a Tebowmaniac, I am simply stating that he can make it in the NFL.

Everyone is attacking Tebow because he is a bible beater and people are taken aback by that. If he were more hip, there would not be so much backlash

Old 12-27-2012, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad58 View Post
Look at the scores last year. It was the DEFENSE that won for Denver last year. NOT Tebow.
exactly. Folks, there's a reason why the Denver Broncos were the #1 rushing team in the NFL last year...because all they did was hand it off to Willis McGahee. Broncos coaching staff DID NOT want Tebow throwing the ball.

Hell, wasn't there a game last year where Tebow only threw 8 passes?? LOL

Old 12-27-2012, 02:45 PM

8,605 posts, read 14,891,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbub22 View Post
I am not a Tebowmaniac, I am simply stating that he can make it in the NFL.

Everyone is attacking Tebow because he is a bible beater and people are taken aback by that. If he were more hip, there would not be so much backlash
Really? Explain why people aren't attacking Peyton Manning then. He's just as Christian, just as hard-working, and just as charitable as Tim Tebow. Could it be that people rail on Tebow because he's massively overhyped?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football