U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 12:39 PM

6,839 posts, read 7,899,954 times

Advertisements

I see that several people are picking Cincinatti and Indy. While a win by either is possible, do either of these two teams have anything to play for in regards to playoff seeding? Particularly Indy? Same can be said for the Atlanta game, but it's in Atlanta and the Bucs just look hopeless in some of their games this year. The Baltimore game could go either way, because the Ravens need help in addition to a win to get the 3rd seed, but I just don't see the Texans squandering HFA throughout the playoffs. Nobody wants to have to pass through Mile High if they can help it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2012, 04:29 AM

6,778 posts, read 10,179,038 times
Tampa Bay @ Atlanta
NY Jets @ Buffalo
Baltimore @ Cincinnati
Chicago @ Detroit
Jacksonville@ Tennessee
Houston @ Indianapolis
Carolina @ New Orleans
Philadelphia @ NY Giants
Cleveland @ Pittsburgh

Oakland @ San Diego
Arizona @ San Francisco
St. Louis @ Seattle
Green Bay @ Minnesota
Miami @ New England
Kansas City @ Denver

Dallas @ Washington

Old 12-29-2012, 12:23 PM

6,546 posts, read 4,495,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
They will be interesting and many questions will be answered.

Can anyone beat the Falcons in Atlanta?
Can New England's poor defense avoid defeat?
Can young teams like Seattle win a game?
Will the Colts needs two types of luck? (Andrew and Lady Luck)

1) The Packers sure can and probably will, the only question with them is if their going to be able to beat San Fran with almost a non-existant run game (and that's assuming San Fran beats Arizona to win the West and wrap up the #2 seed)
2) I don't like them in Denver against the Broncos, but I'd take them against any of the other 4 AFC teams. As long as they can shut down Arian Foster and the Houston running game, they should be able to win in Houston. Houston defense is good, but they've been shredded against good offensive teams this year (Pats & Packers). Also, the defense isn't nearly as bad as it was early in the season, its getting better week after week.
3) Assuming San Fran wins the west: IF Dallas beats Washington, I say Seattle takes out Dallas by 10+ next week, but I can't see them winning in Washington if Wash beats Dallas.
4) With the way the Ravens are going, even as a Ravens fan I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Colts took them out in the Wildcard round. Think the Colts only get as far as the divisional round.

Old 12-29-2012, 12:31 PM

11,723 posts, read 11,552,037 times
Their run game is looking better and Packers should have the #2 seed, not San Francisco, just because 49ers have a piece of cake game doesn't mean they get it. Of course, I'm thinking Packers beat the Vikings.

Old 12-29-2012, 12:38 PM

6,546 posts, read 4,495,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
I see that several people are picking Cincinatti and Indy. While a win by either is possible, do either of these two teams have anything to play for in regards to playoff seeding? Particularly Indy? Same can be said for the Atlanta game, but it's in Atlanta and the Bucs just look hopeless in some of their games this year. The Baltimore game could go either way, because the Ravens need help in addition to a win to get the 3rd seed, but I just don't see the Texans squandering HFA throughout the playoffs. Nobody wants to have to pass through Mile High if they can help it.

The only thing Indy is playing for is to get a win for Chuck Pagano in his return to the sideline. Colts win the tiebreaker over the Bengals so they can neither move up nor down. Bengals vs. Ravens is probably the most useless game of the day in a game involving playoff teams: There's a slight remote chance they could play again next week (if the Dolphins somehow beat the Patriots in New England the Ravens would be the 3 seed with a win and as mentioned Bengals are locked in as the #6), while if the Pats win they can do no worse then the #3 and the Ravens and Bengals are locked into their spots (4 & 6 respectively).
Texans have more to play for then the Colts (HFA), and really I'd be shocked if Luck took any snaps in the 4th quarter, and hell may even sit the whole second half off. Begals vs. Ravens will probably be a battle of the 2nd teams, whichever's is better wins.

Old 12-30-2012, 07:56 PM

6,839 posts, read 7,899,954 times
It's been fun everyone! The playoff threads have taken over the show! Enjoy the rest of the season!

Thanx for playing!

Old 12-31-2012, 07:16 AM

11,723 posts, read 11,552,037 times
So I ended up 12-4, not bad for me but I did think GB, NYG and Atlanta would win! Thanks, Ditchlights!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or