U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 06:39 PM

2,533 posts, read 3,963,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Please, the Redskins ran through that defense in the 1st quarter as if it were Seattle Senior High, and lucky for you that RG3 was already injured at the opening gun. He re-injured/further injured his knee on the 2nd TD drive, and was literally a zombie after that, or it would have been a blow out of epic proportions.

Seattle has a pretty good defense, and a decent offense, but as we saw in the 1st quarter, they ain't the 85 Bears. They're one and done, and lucky that Shanahan rode RG3 into the ground before the Hawks got to town.
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Good points and this weekend will be interesting to see if they can continue to be "hot" as everyone on their bandwagon think they are!
You should see it here in Seattle... it's crazy. The Falcons might as well not even show up.

The 1985 Bears, eh, 2012 Seahawks are coming to town... O M G can we forfeit?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2013, 07:00 PM

11,729 posts, read 11,568,764 times
I've been in Wisconsin 5 yrs., as an Illinois resident I lived the '85 Bears experience and would be rather insulting for fans of the Seahawks to even think it. The 85 Bears were a team like no other, that was an awesome, undescribeable time, and I'm glad to say I watched every game. They aren't even close.

I really want the Falcons to win this game and I like Wilson! I watched him play at Wisconsin and actually thought too bad this kid won't get much of a chance in the NFL because of his height (what did I know then apparently not much)! !

Old 01-08-2013, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
I've been in Wisconsin 5 yrs., as an Illinois resident I lived the '85 Bears experience and would be rather insulting for fans of the Seahawks to even think it. The 85 Bears were a team like no other, that was an awesome, undescribeable time, and I'm glad to say I watched every game. They aren't even close.

I really want the Falcons to win this game and I like Wilson! I watched him play at Wisconsin and actually thought too bad this kid won't get much of a chance in the NFL because of his height (what did I know then apparently not much)! !

Seattle has a great team but so does Atlanta.

A great matchup.

Old 01-09-2013, 09:47 AM

5,683 posts, read 4,235,168 times
There is a ton of pressure on the Falcons to win this game. Not so much on the Seahawks.. That could be a formula for disaster for the Falcons. But, my gut tells me that this is the year for the Falcons, at least this is the year they win a playoff game under Ryan and Mike Smith... It should be a good game, but I think the Falcons veterans will rise to the occasion and lead the Falcons to the a win..

Old 01-09-2013, 12:16 PM

368 posts, read 803,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Please, the Redskins ran through that defense in the 1st quarter as if it were Seattle Senior High, and lucky for you that RG3 was already injured at the opening gun. He re-injured/further injured his knee on the 2nd TD drive, and was literally a zombie after that, or it would have been a blow out of epic proportions.

Seattle has a pretty good defense, and a decent offense, but as we saw in the 1st quarter, they ain't the 85 Bears. They're one and done, and lucky that Shanahan rode RG3 into the ground before the Hawks got to town.
Blah....blah...blah....blah....if this...if that...

Too bad the game is 4 quarters.

One and done, if it happens, is better than the Skins none and done. I won't be surprised if the 'Hawks win in ATL. The Falcons could easily be slowed down by that 0-3 playoff gorilla on their back.

The last three times Washington has made the playoffs, they've been bounced by Seattle. I'd be bitter if I was a 'Skins fan too.

Old 01-10-2013, 09:58 AM

9,031 posts, read 16,457,937 times
one in done is meant to say the team will play in one game and lose - hence, one game and done .... no wins - basically it's a slight saying the team doesn't belong and they will be exposed once the playoffs start

seattle won a playoff game, so that phrase is out the window and they clearly belong in the playoffs

atlanta is a heck of a team though .... should be a great game

Old 01-10-2013, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
one in done is meant to say the team will play in one game and lose - hence, one game and done .... no wins - basically it's a slight saying the team doesn't belong and they will be exposed once the playoffs start

seattle won a playoff game, so that phrase is out the window and they clearly belong in the playoffs

atlanta is a heck of a team though .... should be a great game
Speaking for the Atlanta fans all I can say is I think we'll be fine.

Matt Ryan has 2 legs.

Old 01-10-2013, 10:35 AM

9,031 posts, read 16,457,937 times
and no playoff wins and not much of a running game and not much of a run defense - what exactly is your point?

(mod edit: one sentence deleted)

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 01-10-2013 at 06:44 PM..

Old 01-10-2013, 05:24 PM

811 posts, read 826,325 times
Quote:
and no playoff wins and not much of a running game and not much of a run defense - what exactly is your point?

just trying to talk crap for the sake of it?!

Just so you know, the Falcons lost to the eventual NFC champion, all three years. Two of the teams won the Super Bowl. It's not as if they were playing the average playoff team during those three losses.

Old 01-10-2013, 06:40 PM

Quote:

just trying to talk crap for the sake of it?!
Go over to NFL.com and look up defensive stats...

Atlanta was in the top 5 in points allowed... Opposing QB rating....

Turner went from 1300 yards on 350 carries to 800 yards on 220 carries. Not surprising with a new OC in a pass happy offense.

(mod edit-one sentence deleted)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or