U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 10:19 AM

139 posts, read 115,164 times

Advertisements

One playoff win doesnt necessarily mean they have enough experience. They are still a young team and it gets tougher as it goes on.
Still, last year, this year, whatever.
Falcons are a good team, so are the Seahawks.
I am looking for a good game and thats all that matters to me.
This is the NFL and any given Sunday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2013, 09:33 AM

9,029 posts, read 16,451,291 times
Without a doubt ..... I've compared this falcons team a bit to the 2005 hawks team ..... My point to the comment is that it has zero to do with this game .... Each game its it's own matchup and there are good ones here

Seattle had a clear advantage with their running game and OL ..... Atlanta with their screen game seemed ability in the middle of the field ..... Match up outside should be great and them the variable of Wilson ..... Clemmons out really hurts depth

I think this is an intriguing game and will go to the team that best executes their advantage and doesn't make mistakes ..... Red zone, 3rd down, turning the field if you don't score ... That's where it's at today

Old 01-13-2013, 09:41 AM

2,533 posts, read 3,961,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound of Reason View Post
Just so you know, the Falcons lost to the eventual NFC champion, all three years. Two of the teams won the Super Bowl. It's not as if they were playing the average playoff team during those three losses.
C'mon man... everyone knows that Russell Wilson facing a one-legged RGIII in the playoffs is EXACTLY the same as Matt Ryan facing 3 Super Bowl champion QBs (Warner, Rodgers, Manning)...

Wilson is by far the more seasoned veteran.

*turns sarcasm off*

Old 01-14-2013, 06:02 AM

5,637 posts, read 4,231,097 times
not to say I told you so but...
I did predict a Falcons win....

on a side note, give me some slack.. i don't often get these predictions right!

Old 01-14-2013, 08:27 AM

11,724 posts, read 11,563,300 times
I thought Falcons would win (or hoped they would), however, Seahawks almost came back and won that game, which has been a problem for the Falcons, I think. The matchup this weekend should be a great game.

Old 01-14-2013, 01:11 PM

5,637 posts, read 4,231,097 times
That's honestly a problem for every team. Even the Patriots let the Texans sneak back into the game.. although not quite as dramatic and when push came to shove.. they shoved back and closed the door but momentum shifts from side to side often during a game and when a team gets desperate and the other team is preserving a big lead, you often get what we saw with the Falcons and Seahawks yesterday.. and even a tad with the Texans and Patriots...

Old 01-14-2013, 03:06 PM

3,022 posts, read 4,531,365 times
Im extremely happy with this team even in a loss. I watched a Broncos team play not to lose (actually it looked like they played TO lose), whereas Russell Willson and the rest of the Hawks never threw in the towel. Next time, maybe we will have more luck in the 1st quarter, and win this darn thing. I have two favorite teams. Denver (whos shirt I feel like burning in the fireplace right now) and Seattle. Seattle, I actually want to buy more of your gear. Not looking forward to watching old man Manning with his crappy "in the cold weather" arm yelling HURRY HURRY, or HARRAY HARRAY (cant tell what the heck that man is saying at the line), winning 13 games and losing 1st game of the cold playoffs. CAN'T WAIT to see Russell Willson and team on fire again next year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or