U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 07:54 PM

833 posts, read 958,678 times

Advertisements

Lets see, they beat the Niners, who beat the Packers, Bears and Patriots. Then again the Niners were winless against the Rams this year. I thought the Giants would go to the SB again this year after defeating the Niners decisively earlier this year. Now, they may not even make the playoffs. If they do, watch out, last year they were 7-7 and barely made the playoffs, then won the big prize. I have to admit the Seahawks looked all-world against the Niners. They just have to prove it in the playoffs. Should be a very interesting NFC playoffs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2012, 08:00 PM

21,453 posts, read 22,012,673 times
I think they could be the next Arizona Cardinals.

Old 12-26-2012, 08:33 PM

9,349 posts, read 5,593,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I don't think so. However I think the NFC should be very afraid to play these guys since they are getting hot at the right time.
As a Redskins fan, id be terrified to play seattle, even if they come on the road to DC. Marshawn Lynch is more beast than man. Wilson is gettng hot at the right time. Their defense is smothering.

Old 12-26-2012, 08:35 PM

2,887 posts, read 4,833,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plates View Post
No. Because of one win people are high on Seattle. It's just one win.
Just one win? Having trouble counting? If you look closely, you will see their record is 10 and 5. They scored 150 points in the last three games.
I won't say they are the best yet, but if they continue to preform like they have in the last half of the season, it will be hard for anyone to stop them....

Old 12-26-2012, 08:55 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,472,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I think they may be. They are hiding up there in the Pacific NW ready to destroy all comers in the playoffs.

No because they can only play good football at home and have a losing record on the road at 3-5 which lets you know they will not go far on the road.

Now if they had HFA throughout the playoffs they would be a lock to reach the SB

Old 12-26-2012, 09:03 PM

1,202 posts, read 1,031,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
But man, they've been playing solid defense most of the season, they have a dominant RB and an emerging star QB and some pretty decent talent at WR.

For me, they are a major sleeper in the playoffs.
I think that they are a good team, playoff worthy. I do not consider them to be a top four team in the NFL, which are the only ones that should be considered "favorites" for a Super Bowl title.

Old 12-26-2012, 09:05 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,472,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plates View Post
I think that they are a good team, playoff worthy. I do not consider them to be a top four team in the NFL which are the only ones that should be considered "favorites" for a Super Bowl title.

Can't be a top 4 team with a 3-5 record on the road.

Old 12-26-2012, 09:11 PM

1,202 posts, read 1,031,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Can't be a top 4 team with a 3-5 record on the road.
It is a pretty poor road record and they will be on the road for their first playoff game.

Old 12-26-2012, 09:17 PM

16,541 posts, read 21,031,657 times
This is a team to watch if for no other reason is to how they are playing coming down the stretch. While they may be a 3-5 team on the road this year, they have won 6 out of their last 7 games. Besides Green Bay (yea I know) , they HAVE beaten teams with winning records this season- Dallas, New England, Minnesota, Chicago, and San Francisco. The 49er game should have gotten peoples attention because the 49ers were (and I believe still are) ranked second in the NFL in total defense, first in the conference. They just went to New England and beat them at their place, then they have Seattle come to their place and watch them put 42 points on them.

Old 12-26-2012, 09:18 PM

10,721 posts, read 11,144,868 times
I don't see the Seahawks making it out of the wild card round of the playoffs this year if they have to travel to Washington to face the Redskins. I think the Redskins are a pretty hot and capable team themselves. Their defense is not even close to what Seattle's is, but they've place some decent football in the past few weeks. The Redskins offense has been able to some pretty special things this year, too.

But if the Cowboys win that division, Seattle is heading to Dallas instead of the Beltway. I think they will beat the Cowboys in that game if indeed that is the matchup we see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or