U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 09:01 AM

11,722 posts, read 11,545,104 times

Advertisements

But I think not only do the Vikes want to win, they want to demoralize the Packers because they are probably going to have to play in GB in the playoffs.

No doubt, Packers want 2nd seed bad. They want to sweep NFC North again, no losses, important division game for them with even more meaning. Defense is not happy they got torched for 200 yards last time, without Matthews!

I don't think it is very easy to demoralize the Packers but time will tell! Can't wait for Sunday and the playoffs!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2012, 09:37 AM

21,495 posts, read 11,595,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
But I think not only do the Vikes want to win, they want to demoralize the Packers because they are probably going to have to play in GB in the playoffs.

No doubt, Packers want 2nd seed bad. They want to sweep NFC North again, no losses, important division game for them with even more meaning. Defense is not happy they got torched for 200 yards last time, without Matthews!

I don't think it is very easy to demoralize the Packers but time will tell! Can't wait for Sunday and the playoffs!
The only way is if Peterson runs roughshod over them and the defense sacks Rodgers like 8 times-both are possible.

Seattle is winning games with that same exact formula getting back on topic. If the Vikes do not make the playoffs Seattle is my adopted team for this post season. I love the way they are winning games.

Old 12-27-2012, 10:58 AM

5,763 posts, read 9,745,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plates View Post
I think that they are a good team, playoff worthy. I do not consider them to be a top four team in the NFL, which are the only ones that should be considered "favorites" for a Super Bowl title.
You do realize that the last two SB champs were 6 seeds in their respective conference, right?

Old 12-27-2012, 11:01 AM

5,763 posts, read 9,745,445 times
They are definitely not the best team in the NFL. I do not think there is a clear cut best team this season which is going to make the playoffs very interesting.

Old 12-27-2012, 12:23 PM

139 posts, read 114,995 times
I dont know if the Seahawks are the best team in the league, but I truly believe they are the scariest team in the league regarding the future.

Old 12-27-2012, 04:38 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,293,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
I am thinking it's Green Bay, at least for the time being. It gets started in less than two weeks, and I can't wait!

You must didn't see the Giants game since you came to that conclusion.

Old 12-27-2012, 04:40 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,293,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjwis9 View Post
I dont know if the Seahawks are the best team in the league, but I truly believe they are the scariest team in the league regarding the future.

I believe based on how they played on the road they only are a scary team at home. The seahawks will not have any home games in the playoffs this season.

Old 12-27-2012, 04:51 PM

1,483 posts, read 2,915,970 times
Seattle has a cheating college coach and PED using corners. Cheating is at their core, the Seagulls will get smoked in the 1st round!

Old 12-27-2012, 04:55 PM

9,028 posts, read 16,426,519 times
seattle hasn't played bad on the road - they just haven't finished

i'm a seattle fan - but I don't think they are the best team in the league

this 3 game stretch is one of the strongest in league history though and it's been an absolute blast to follow

they have a very balanced team, play all 3 phases well - can run the ball and hit a variety of passes

they are also very young, have bad penalties at bad times and have some soft spots and trouble issues on both offense and defense

i think they are a top 10 team and very dangerous - however, 3 road games is difficult for any team to accomplish - let alone a team with a rookie QB that has virtually no playoff experience

I think they fall short this year, but put themselves in position for the long run - in some of their road losses they failed to hold a late lead and gave up game winning drives at both detroit & miami, they dropped 2-3 game winning passes in the final seconds at AZ, they dropped a slew of balls playing in SF on 3 days rest and lost by 13-6 and StL edged them with a fake punt TD, a 60 yard FG, a 58 yard FG ........ they were in every single one of those games at the end and could have won any of them - they didn't execute well enough and the offense in particular failed in most of them and of a greater concern the defense didn't hold up in 2 of them

the team has grown a lot since those games

right now I think experience, needing to string together 3 road wins and the lack of pass rush (especially up the middle now that jason jones is on IR) will limit their potential this year - but i'm definitely still pulling for them and wouldn't be shocked if they made a run because they have the ability to control the field position game, have been very effecient in the red zone as of late and have managed their TOs very well

Old 12-27-2012, 04:56 PM

9,028 posts, read 16,426,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbub22 View Post
Seattle has a cheating college coach and PED using corners. Cheating is at their core, the Seagulls will get smoked in the 1st round!
stay mad bro
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or