U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 09:46 AM

9,029 posts, read 16,446,778 times

Advertisements

those 1st two are preseason though - I wouldn't count them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2012, 10:14 AM

8,345 posts, read 14,115,137 times
One thing is certain about the Seahwaks, they have the biggest bandwagon right now.

Old 12-28-2012, 10:16 AM

21,584 posts, read 11,635,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
One thing is certain about the Seahwaks, they have the biggest bandwagon right now.
LOL. I love jumping on bandwagons when my Vikes are not in the playoffs. I usually pick an underdog with little chance at a SB so as a Vikings fan I am rarely disappointed LOL.

Old 12-28-2012, 05:06 PM

1,202 posts, read 1,028,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
All hits are illegal in the NFL now.
It seems like it.

Old 12-30-2012, 09:05 AM

10,701 posts, read 11,108,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjwis9 View Post
TVguy, they are a young team and have a lot of growing to do.
I said scary in the future.
Broncos, Chiefs, Panthers, Bears, Bills. Dont tell me they cant win on the road. Maybe most of those teams arent such tough ones, but the Broncos and the Bears are big wins on the road.
The Seahawks did not play the Broncos or Chiefs this year. Unless you are counting the preseason game, and nobody who is serious about discussing football considers the final score in a pre-season game. The score with both teams first strings in was 10-9 in favor of the Broncos.

With that said, I think the NFC is the stronger conference this year, as evidenced by all the 9-6 and 8-7 teams still jostling for a playoff spot. The Seahawks have a solid chance of going 11-5 in a tough conference, and that represents an outside shot at taking the #2 playoff seed. That would require the Packers and 49ers to both lose, and that's a long shot.

I like the Seahawks. I like Russell Wilson. I'm a Colorado Rockies fan, and the Rox drafted him to play Second Base. Wilson made a brilliant decision to go with football instead, where he has taken a 7-9 team last year to the playoffs. He is a quality individual and a likable guy. I hope that he continues to thrive up there and that the Seahawks build themselves into a contender for years to come.

But ultimately I think the Seahawks are limited this year. If they end up stuck in the #5 seed I see them losing to the Redskins but beating the Cowboys, whichever team wins the NFC East. But either way, I don't see them making it beyond the divisional round of the playoffs.

Old 12-30-2012, 09:44 AM

139 posts, read 115,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
The Seahawks did not play the Broncos or Chiefs this year. Unless you are counting the preseason game, and nobody who is serious about discussing football considers the final score in a pre-season game. The score with both teams first strings in was 10-9 in favor of the Broncos.

With that said, I think the NFC is the stronger conference this year, as evidenced by all the 9-6 and 8-7 teams still jostling for a playoff spot. The Seahawks have a solid chance of going 11-5 in a tough conference, and that represents an outside shot at taking the #2 playoff seed. That would require the Packers and 49ers to both lose, and that's a long shot.

I like the Seahawks. I like Russell Wilson. I'm a Colorado Rockies fan, and the Rox drafted him to play Second Base. Wilson made a brilliant decision to go with football instead, where he has taken a 7-9 team last year to the playoffs. He is a quality individual and a likable guy. I hope that he continues to thrive up there and that the Seahawks build themselves into a contender for years to come.

But ultimately I think the Seahawks are limited this year. If they end up stuck in the #5 seed I see them losing to the Redskins but beating the Cowboys, whichever team wins the NFC East. But either way, I don't see them making it beyond the divisional round of the playoffs.
No I dont count preseason games. Just went down the win loss records. I suffer from a lot of senior moments people. I know better.
I dont expect them to go far in the playoffs. The same thing that makes them scary, their youth, also makes them vulnerable in the playoffs. Their inexperience. The whole team is young. And a former college coach.

Washington has somewhat the same problems but they have some veterans, and a wily old head coach. Guess I give them the edge. Although I know the Seahawks could surprise me there.
No, Dallas wont get far even if they manage to get in there. They have the talent, but no experience in the playoffs, ha ha! Dont have the chemistry, that magical it that makes teams great.
NFC East isnt stronger. Reason teams have those kind of records is because they all suck. The rest of the Conference is good.
I like the Seahawks and Wilson too. But I still am not sure why he went to the Badgers last season. He could have had his pick. Can anyone enlighten me? A weaker conference could showcase his skills better maybe????

Old 12-30-2012, 10:08 AM

11,724 posts, read 11,559,537 times
It had to do with his interest in baseball/football thinking maybe he could do 2 sports. It didn't work out real well. I don't know how Wisconsin found out about him and how he ended up there his senior season. He did have to pay back money to a baseball team that gave him a signing bonus.

Old 12-30-2012, 03:18 PM

2,533 posts, read 3,960,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post

Agreed... Seahawks aren't the same team on the road.

Old 12-30-2012, 03:30 PM

9,349 posts, read 5,575,774 times
the seattle seahawks have the #1 scoring defense in the NFL. Seattle's defense has given up the fewest points of all 32 teams in the league.

Please city data football fans....PLEASE don't think i'm trying to take away from what Wilson has done the last 7 games. BUt having the #1 defense in the NFL sure helps his cause....

In comparison to Russel Wilson having the #1 defense in the NFL, Luck has the 26th ranked defense, and RG3 the 28th ranked defense.

Not like it's Wilsons fault for having a spectacular defense, but he has it MUCH easier than RG3 and Luck when it comes to having to score a lot of points to win.

Old 12-30-2012, 03:55 PM

72,072 posts, read 83,735,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I think they may be. They are hiding up there in the Pacific NW ready to destroy all comers in the playoffs.
I don't think there is a best team this year and if there is, No, Seattle is not the one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or