U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 05:53 PM

9,349 posts, read 5,566,706 times

Advertisements

no idea why the Redskins quit running the ball. They came out in the second half with a hobbled RG3 throwing terrible passes. Alfred Morris was the #2 running back in the NFL, in front of Marshawn Lynch. Why not keep feeding him with a lead?

Congrats to Seattle, first road playoff win in like 20 or 30 years or something? But they sure did talk a lot of trash, here's to being spiteful and hoping the Packers destroy them.

Russell is the real deal. Wilson, Luck, and RG3 will take over this league as the next Brady, Manning, and Favre in the next 5 years.

As a Redskisn fan, it was SO frustrating knowing that Seattle didn't have to deal a 100% Griffin. We've watched Griffin torch defenses all year with the read option and his threat to run, which opens up the pass. not only wasn't he a threat to run, but he couldn't even plant his foot to pass. Shame on Shanny. But I guess that's the price you way with QB who runs sometimes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2013, 05:58 PM

2,366 posts, read 2,128,255 times
If the Packers get to the Seahawks, it would be in the NFC Championship game.

Old 01-06-2013, 06:05 PM

3,522 posts, read 3,924,582 times
and giving up two tds on the first two drives against aaron rodgers is like an insta-lost.

Old 01-06-2013, 06:10 PM

11,723 posts, read 11,550,474 times
First Seahawks have to get past the Falcons and the way they play, they just might. I do think RGIII being hobbled mattered but congrats to Seahawks for the first playoff win in ages.

Packers won't get to the Seahawks unless they beat the 49ers and Seahawks beat the Falcons and then that game IF (a very big IF) would be at Lambeau. Some of the writers on the Packers staff have posted at their website they want the Seahawks. Some Packers players (probably Jennings who recently said he hates the cold, playing outside at Lambeau) want to go to Atlanta!

Old 01-06-2013, 08:37 PM

2,533 posts, read 3,956,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
First Seahawks have to get past the Falcons and the way they play, they just might. I do think RGIII being hobbled mattered but congrats to Seahawks for the first playoff win in ages.

Packers won't get to the Seahawks unless they beat the 49ers and Seahawks beat the Falcons and then that game IF (a very big IF) would be at Lambeau. Some of the writers on the Packers staff have posted at their website they want the Seahawks. Some Packers players (probably Jennings who recently said he hates the cold, playing outside at Lambeau) want to go to Atlanta!
The differences between this Atlanta team and the previous teams under Mike Smith are..

1) new OC and DC
2) Julio Jones
3) This team actually has a defense
4) Ryan has matured as a QB - 2012 was his best season to date

I look forward to next week when we'll be talking about the ATL/SF NFC championship.

Old 01-06-2013, 09:18 PM

9,114 posts, read 15,674,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kees View Post
The differences between this Atlanta team and the previous teams under Mike Smith are..

1) new OC and DC
2) Julio Jones
3) This team actually has a defense
4) Ryan has matured as a QB - 2012 was his best season to date

I look forward to next week when we'll be talking about the ATL/SF NFC championship.
Again, I wouldn't act too cocky about the falcons in the playoffs, we all know you are picking the falcons no matter who they play in the championship (if they make it that far.)

Do you honestly like being in the position to defend your team if they don't make it to the Super Bowl? You will get pummeled on here from all fans if that doesn't happen. Just reminding you of that.

Old 01-06-2013, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
Again, I wouldn't act too cocky about the falcons in the playoffs, we all know you are picking the falcons no matter who they play in the championship (if they make it that far.)

Do you honestly like being in the position to defend your team if they don't make it to the Super Bowl? You will get pummeled on here from all fans if that doesn't happen. Just reminding you of that.
I can handle it...

Last edited by Kees; 01-06-2013 at 09:47 PM..

Old 01-06-2013, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Especially in the playoffs! Seattle's O-line mauled the Redskins. They got stronger as the game went on in a very difficult place to play. I think they are going to shock the Falcons next week.
That really depends on whether or not Matt Ryan is playing on 1 leg like RG3 was tonight...

Anyway... Seattle's Defense has given up the least pts per game of any team in the league (15.3, Falcons 5th at 18.7). I wanted to take a look in to the numbers..

Offenses Seattle Faced --

Bad
Arizona -- 31st in Points
Arizona -- 31st in Points
St. Louis Rams -- 25th in Points
St. Louis Rams -- 25th in Points
Bills -- 21st in Points
Bears -- 16th in Points
Miami Dolphins -- 27th in Points
Jets -- 28th in Points
Detroit Lions -- 17th in Points
Panthers -- 18th in Points
Cowboys -- 15th in Points
Vikings -- 14th in Points

Mediocre
Niners -- 11th in Points AWAY (Loss, 6-13, A.Smith, 140 Yards, 1 TD/1 INT)
Niners -- 11th in Points @ HOME (Win, 42-13, C.Kaepernick, 244 Yards, 1 TD/1 INT)

Good
Patriots -- 1st in Points @ HOME (Win, 24-23, T. Brady 395 Yards, 2 TDs/2 INTs)
Packers -- 5th in Points @ HOME (Win 14-12, A.Rodgers 223 Yards, 0 TD/0 INT)

They held Rodgers in check, however they did catch Rodgers starting the season pretty slow. Brady shredded the defense with the up tempo no-huddle passing attack. Wes Welker went for a boatload of yards.

Seattle did not face a good offense on the road and they are clearly a less feared team on the road. My impression of Seattle's defense is that it has played well against a lot of soft offensive teams. I think they are a top 10 defense, however not close to #1.

Old 01-06-2013, 10:04 PM

833 posts, read 956,165 times
Really impressed with Seattles win today. Not entirely surprised based on how well they handled the 49ers a couple of weeks ago. One thing is for sure, they're redhot with Wilson, and if they continue to play like that they could be super bowl bound.

Old 01-06-2013, 10:27 PM

3,466 posts, read 3,149,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kees View Post
I can handle it...
Own it, there's nothing wrong with sticking with your team and being confident in them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or