Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 10:37 PM

2,533 posts, read 4,603,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
Own it, there's nothing wrong with sticking with your team and being confident in them.
Thanks!

Seahawks/Falcons is going to be a great game... and I can only root for one of them in this one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2013, 06:02 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,662,429 times
Of the 4 road teams this weekend, I thought Seattle had the best chance to pull off a win. I felt they didn't play their best game at all. They had so many chances to pull away in the 2nd half and couldn't do it. It took a RGIII fumble on the 5 for them to put the Skins away. For Seattle to advance, they will have to play better, especially on offense.

Old 01-07-2013, 09:24 AM

139 posts, read 142,116 times
I am by no means a Skins fan since they play in the NFC East, but they really didnt put on their best performance with RG111 hobbled. As the booth guys said, he was a compromised player, badly compromised. And since RG is the fuel that feeds the fire of that team, the rest werent at their best either. That is not the Skins team we have seen in the last season. If Shanahan is responsible for him going out on the field when he first injured that knee, he should be fired. Someone risked not only the team, but that young man's career.
Wilson and the Seahawks are hot, really hot.
But this is a young relatively inexperienced team with a rookie quarterback. Just how well will they hold up against the veterans they face next.
I saw something yesterday in Wilson I never saw before. He takes too many chances. He had Sidney Rice wide open down the field and he tucked the ball and ran. Did he honestly just not see him, or is he getting a run mentality? We saw what happened with RG111. I dont want that to happen to Wilson.
Luck's inexperience in the big games showed. He will get smarter as time goes on.
And to think we saw the Great Ray Lewis doing his famous dance just one more time. I never did get to see him in a tutu. (That came up somewhere else. I said I would love to see Ray doing his dance in a tutu!)

Old 01-07-2013, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjwis9 View Post
Wilson and the Seahawks are hot, really hot.
But this is a young relatively inexperienced team with a rookie quarterback. Just how well will they hold up against the veterans they face next.

I saw something yesterday in Wilson I never saw before. He takes too many chances. He had Sidney Rice wide open down the field and he tucked the ball and ran. Did he honestly just not see him, or is he getting a run mentality?
That's what I'm talking about...

Old 01-07-2013, 02:56 PM

14,322 posts, read 14,620,586 times
A run mentality is a bad thing, how has that worked for Michael Vick? You don't want to take out a QBs insight, scramble ability but all this running is not a good thing, not in the long run or big picture (or long career)!

Old 01-07-2013, 07:26 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,144,871 times
The defense certainly takes a hit with Clemons out.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
The defense certainly takes a hit with Clemons out.
Matt Ryan just got another 2 seconds to make his reads... and Carroll says they are playing Roddy and Julio man to man....

Old 01-08-2013, 07:57 AM

139 posts, read 142,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kees View Post
Thanks!

Seahawks/Falcons is going to be a great game... and I can only root for one of them in this one.
If my team isnt playing, I always root for the team that has the ball. Works for me.

Old 01-08-2013, 04:53 PM

15,091 posts, read 8,634,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
But man, they've been playing solid defense most of the season, they have a dominant RB and an emerging star QB and some pretty decent talent at WR.

For me, they are a major sleeper in the playoffs.

Please, the Redskins ran through that defense in the 1st quarter as if it were Seattle Senior High, and lucky for you that RG3 was already injured at the opening gun. He re-injured/further injured his knee on the 2nd TD drive, and was literally a zombie after that, or it would have been a blow out of epic proportions.

Seattle has a pretty good defense, and a decent offense, but as we saw in the 1st quarter, they ain't the 85 Bears. They're one and done, and lucky that Shanahan rode RG3 into the ground before the Hawks got to town.

Old 01-08-2013, 06:09 PM

14,322 posts, read 14,620,586 times
Good points and this weekend will be interesting to see if they can continue to be "hot" as everyone on their bandwagon think they are!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football