U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 11:56 AM

17,579 posts, read 39,821,743 times

Advertisements

This is pretty messed up. I wonder what made him talk about this now?

Former Detroit Lions offensive lineman Lomas Brown has apologized for recent comments he made about Scott Mitchell, claiming he regrets intentionally missing a block decades ago that resulted in the quarterback suffering an injury.
Brown, currently an NFL analyst for ESPN, admitted during a radio interview this past Friday that he allowed a defender to hit Mitchell because he was frustrated with the struggling quarterback when the two were Lions teammates in 1994.
"We were playing Green Bay in Milwaukee," Brown said on ESPN Radio's "SVP & Russillo" show. "We were getting beat 24-3 at the time, and (Mitchell) just stunk up the place, throwing interceptions, just everything. I looked at Kevin Glover, our All-Pro center, and I said, 'Glove, that is it.' I said, 'I'm getting him out of the game.'
"So I gave it the set out, but I got the gator arms on the guy at the last minute. He got around me. He hit Scott Mitchell. He did something to his finger. I don't know what he did to it, but he came out of the game. Dave Krieg came into the game. We ended up losing that game 27-24."

Lomas Brown, former Detroit Lions offensive lineman and current ESPN analyst, regrets allowing injury to Scott Mitchell - ESPN
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2012, 12:16 PM

139 posts, read 115,164 times
I think it really sucks when fans cheer when their struggling quarterback goes down. But this is beyond that. A team is a team and you stick together no matter what.

Guess his conscience finally got the better of him.

Old 12-27-2012, 12:45 PM

23,655 posts, read 33,482,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjwis9 View Post
I think it really sucks when fans cheer when their struggling quarterback goes down. But this is beyond that. A team is a team and you stick together no matter what.

This brings up a case earlier this year in a game with the Bengals and Raiders where OT Andrew Whitworth started fighting a couple of Raider D-linemen after one Raider made a blatant late hit on QB Andrew Dalton. Whitworth says he retailiated against the Raiders not because he was friends with Dalton, but it is his job as an O-lineman to protect the QB.

I don't care if Ryan Leaf is at QB and he stole your lunch, as an O-lineman you protect the QB because that is your responsibility on the field and you are being paid to do it. This act by Lomas was just cruel and goes totally against the team concept.

Old 12-28-2012, 09:37 PM

10,691 posts, read 11,708,054 times
What if that hit had done more than what it did?? A spinal injury??? Brown is a scumbag.

Old 12-29-2012, 04:44 AM

1,483 posts, read 2,919,699 times
Confession time: Yeah it was me who stole that piece of taffy in Ms Johnson's class.

Old 12-29-2012, 07:07 AM

21,367 posts, read 21,941,997 times
twas I that knocked o'er the lantern in Mrs. O'Leary's barn

Old 12-30-2012, 09:46 AM

Hey! This is serious stuff people!

And I didnt mean to fire the shot that was heard around the world.

Old 12-31-2012, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjwis9 View Post

Then why did he seem gleeful about it????

Old 12-31-2012, 07:43 AM

Lomas Brown Reacts To Scott Mitchell's Comments - YouTube

This scumbag didnt even say he's sorry!!!

Old 12-31-2012, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Then why did he seem gleeful about it????
I didnt exactly get glee from his words. However, his speaking came out a whole lot different than the article. I read regret in his words but didnt really hear it in his voice.
The only conclusion I could come to is his confession is due to a desire for media attention.
It worked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or