U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 12:04 PM

2,748 posts, read 3,336,717 times

Advertisements

As a 50 year fan of the NY Jets, this has to be one of, if not the worst years of this franchise. I been through Kotite and 1-15 and felt better about the team. I hate Woody, Rex, Tannenbaum and Sanchez. It is an embarrassing team the way they handled players and their fans. Tim Tebow should have been given a chance in the summer, when Sanchez continued his terrible play. Now McElroy has a concussion, I guess from 11 sacks and Rex goes back to Sanchez? I was willing to give Rex one more season, but this is just wrong. Sanchez should just be released and should have never been given a 50 Mil. extension and should never go near a football again in NY. Rex said that there was not enough time to get Tebow reps, and get prepared for him. Were they ever prepared for the fumbles and ints Sanchez had all year. I would feel better if they had Kerly play QB rather than Sanchez. Now Rex is interested in Michael Vick the dog murderer. I have several pit mixes and in good conscience could not root for this team if they sign him. Well I guess on the good side, I moved to Pa. from NY and am moving this coming month to Ohio. I guess I could try either the Bengals or Browns, can't be anymore dysfunctional than the Jets. Warren
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2012, 12:29 PM

9,114 posts, read 15,667,962 times
I long for the days of '98 w/Chrebet/Keyshawn/Curtis..etc....

There was an article yesterday or the day before in the post how Woody doesn't have any knowledgeable people advising him....he can't do it himself because he doesn't have the football knowledge to make the right decisions, and he can't rely on Tanny because you seen what he's done w/talent.

Bring in Parcells for 1 year to help right the ship...no coaching, just advise on the talent out there.

Not sure what else he can do at this point...

Old 12-27-2012, 02:05 PM

6,536 posts, read 4,487,242 times
Great move Jets!!!!!!!! Theirs only 2 guys that had less interceptions then Sanchez this year I think. 1 was Rivers because the Chargers stink and were trailing most of the game, and the other was Vick, and the only reason Vick didn't have more was because he was hurt and missed half the year. What a great move this would be the for the Jets. Why not sign Rivers while their at it, so they can have Curly, Larry & Moe riding around in the clown car all of next season.

Old 12-27-2012, 02:12 PM

And why the hell start Sanchez?!?!?!? What exactly did he do with the clipboard on Sunday that warranted him getting another start. This just proves the signing of Tebow was a media act. The jets had absolutely no interest in playing him, but since they were tired of the Giants getting the headlines from winning the superbowl, they did the trade for the sole purpose of getting media attention away from the Giants and onto them. What a clown organization, my condolansce to anyone who is a Jets fan. if the Jets had any reason of playing him they would've started him by week 4 when it was apparant Sanchez can't hit moving targets wearing the same color jerseys as he was and should certainly start him this week.

Old 12-27-2012, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warren zee View Post
As a 50 year fan of the NY Jets, this has to be one of, if not the worst years of this franchise. I been through Kotite and 1-15 and felt better about the team. I hate Woody, Rex, Tannenbaum and Sanchez. It is an embarrassing team the way they handled players and their fans. Tim Tebow should have been given a chance in the summer, when Sanchez continued his terrible play. Now McElroy has a concussion, I guess from 11 sacks and Rex goes back to Sanchez? I was willing to give Rex one more season, but this is just wrong. Sanchez should just be released and should have never been given a 50 Mil. extension and should never go near a football again in NY. Rex said that there was not enough time to get Tebow reps, and get prepared for him. Were they ever prepared for the fumbles and ints Sanchez had all year. I would feel better if they had Kerly play QB rather than Sanchez. Now Rex is interested in Michael Vick the dog murderer. I have several pit mixes and in good conscience could not root for this team if they sign him. Well I guess on the good side, I moved to Pa. from NY and am moving this coming month to Ohio. I guess I could try either the Bengals or Browns, can't be anymore dysfunctional than the Jets. Warren

Even the Bengals are mocking the Jets and their dysfunctional leadership from the top all the way down.

Old 12-27-2012, 02:23 PM

5,655 posts, read 5,698,183 times
Hell, instead of any of these losers I'd rather see Jets bring back Pennington for the proper sendoff he never received.

Old 12-27-2012, 02:28 PM
PDD

8,774 posts, read 14,859,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sskink View Post
Hell, instead of any of these losers I'd rather see Jets bring back Pennington for the proper sendoff he never received.
Bring back Joe Willie, even if he needed a walker he would be more effective than Sanchez.

Old 12-27-2012, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
And why the hell start Sanchez?!?!?!? What exactly did he do with the clipboard on Sunday that warranted him getting another start. This just proves the signing of Tebow was a media act. The jets had absolutely no interest in playing him, but since they were tired of the Giants getting the headlines from winning the superbowl, they did the trade for the sole purpose of getting media attention away from the Giants and onto them. What a clown organization, my condolansce to anyone who is a Jets fan. if the Jets had any reason of playing him they would've started him by week 4 when it was apparant Sanchez can't hit moving targets wearing the same color jerseys as he was and should certainly start him this week.
Sanchez reminds me of Herm Edwards when he was here. Just did enough to win some games and played not to lose....

Old 12-27-2012, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Even the Bengals are mocking the Jets and their dysfunctional leadership from the top all the way down.
Really? It's pretty bad when the bungles start mocking you...

Old 12-28-2012, 07:33 AM

248 posts, read 614,185 times
I said it before but this is why Woody should just take this ABOMINATION and liquidate it. The NFL should go with 31 teams from this point forward.

A pig could manage this abomination better than anyone managing it now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football