U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 11:48 AM

3,466 posts, read 3,156,064 times

Advertisements

Reid worked wonders with Kolb, Koy Detmer, Feeley and McNabb. Find me one person who thought McNabb was going to be the best of that draft class which had Akili Smith, Tim Couch, Dante Culpepper and Cade McNown. He might try to see what he has in Quinn or Cassel before he decides on a QB. Other than Vick, Reid has done a pretty good job with QBs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2013, 02:59 PM

1,969 posts, read 3,079,103 times
Every year prior to last, the general consensus was that there was no QB worth of being taken with the #1 overall pick. The last year that there was really a guy who was a shoe-in at #1, was in 2009, and 2007 as well and look how that turned out. Purple Drank is out of the league, and Stafford can rack up the yards when he's always playing from behind, but that doesn't mean a whole lot. Point being, this is like every other year when there is no QB worthy of taken #1, and yet there is still one taken 3 out of 4 years. There will be several quarterbacks from this draft class who will ultimately be successful, and as long as KC takes one of them, I'll be happy. Geno Smith is the name everyone mentions, but I don't really want to take a WCO dink and dunker #1. Watch for Tyler Wilson to light it up at the Senior Bowl and combine and be taken #1

Old 01-04-2013, 03:05 PM

5,763 posts, read 9,758,894 times
You think there will be several QBs in this class that will be successful? Honestly, there might not be a single one who ends up being an NFL starter or at least for any length of time. Whoever they take will be a huge gamble.

Old 01-04-2013, 03:31 PM

23,655 posts, read 33,499,485 times
My favorite to go number one would be Mike Glennon from NC State. I think he will rise up the draft board as the offseason progresses.

2013 NFL Draft: The Case for Taking Mike Glennon with the First Overall Pick | Bleacher Report

Old 01-04-2013, 04:15 PM

3,466 posts, read 3,156,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by topchief1 View Post
Every year prior to last, the general consensus was that there was no QB worth of being taken with the #1 overall pick. The last year that there was really a guy who was a shoe-in at #1, was in 2009, and 2007 as well and look how that turned out. Purple Drank is out of the league, and Stafford can rack up the yards when he's always playing from behind, but that doesn't mean a whole lot. Point being, this is like every other year when there is no QB worthy of taken #1, and yet there is still one taken 3 out of 4 years. There will be several quarterbacks from this draft class who will ultimately be successful, and as long as KC takes one of them, I'll be happy. Geno Smith is the name everyone mentions, but I don't really want to take a WCO dink and dunker #1. Watch for Tyler Wilson to light it up at the Senior Bowl and combine and be taken #1
Purple drank was all Al davis, even Lane Kiffin who was the Raider coach wanted no part of him, Russel was as big as some O linemen. I'm not impressed with Stafford either.

The only QB asked to do alot this year was Luck, he's throwing the ball like crazy unlike Russel Wilson and RG3 who have had their offenses scaled back alot. At some point NFL coaches have to learn that you can't take a kid out of college and throw him in a pro style offense with 400 plays in the playbook. The Skins and Seahawks were smart enough to realize that. If you really want to feel better about the Chiefs remember, it was the Jaguars who took a punter before Russel Wilson was taken by the Seahawks.

Matt Flynn is out there and so is Cousins, nether team will be able to keep both of them for long, and don"t be surprised if Reid can get Quinn or Cassel to play at a decent level.

Old 01-04-2013, 09:54 PM

3,441 posts, read 5,797,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
My favorite to go number one would be Mike Glennon from NC State. I think he will rise up the draft board as the offseason progresses.

2013 NFL Draft: The Case for Taking Mike Glennon with the First Overall Pick | Bleacher Report
Bleacher Report?

I've heard nothing good about Glennon from what I was browsing through during his bowl game and he reminds me of Matt Schaub on his best days...who nobody would drop a first rounder on.

Old 01-05-2013, 07:29 AM

11,727 posts, read 11,568,764 times
Rumor has it John Dorsey from the Pack in the running for GM? He's been with them 21 yrs. and has turned down offers in the past. His wife has ties to KC and he has connections with Andy Reid will be interesting to see what happens.

Packers get quite the draw from their front office. Fans complain about Ted Thompson but teams sure want his employees.

Old 01-05-2013, 09:20 AM

1,697 posts, read 3,127,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Rumor has it John Dorsey from the Pack in the running for GM? He's been with them 21 yrs. and has turned down offers in the past. His wife has ties to KC and he has connections with Andy Reid will be interesting to see what happens.

Packers get quite the draw from their front office. Fans complain about Ted Thompson but teams sure want his employees.
If Dorsey has any aspirations of being a successful GM, he'd be a complete fool to accept a neutered "GM" position with an organization that Reid will leave in just a big a shambles as he left Philadelphia. He'd be far better off waiting for Thompson to retire and step into a situation with a successful franchise with a stable, sensible front-office structure and ready-made talent.

Old 01-05-2013, 07:21 PM

49 posts, read 54,254 times
send the top pick to dallas for their #1 and tony romo. he has no future there but is a top notch qb.

Last edited by legoat29; 01-05-2013 at 07:22 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 01-05-2013, 08:26 PM

49 posts, read 54,254 times
I must add that I am a diehard chiefs fan stuck in cowboy country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or