U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 06:31 PM

4,885 posts, read 3,974,291 times

Advertisements

As much as I despise the Patriots, and make no mistake, if I hate any thing or any team for real it would be them, I have to say, the people that run the team do a good job.
Consider: They always end up at or near the top and rarely miss the playoffs, they have a solid success as a franchise

BUT wait.....

I was thinking of this when I was watching the Cowgirls screw up another season Sunday Night.
Someone like Romo would have been let go when he failed to produce year after year. The Patriots have a known track record of not wasting time on futility, and will glad let someone go when they are no longer useful.

We seem to never hear too much of the mouthing off from Patriot Players, something to do with the way Bilichek runs the team. they are paid to practice, play ball and not run their mouths. That sometimes means that they are not allowed to talk to the press. This keeps a lot of controversy OUT before it starts. They also seem to lack players who drink and drive and kill teamates, not to mention players who have to have security with them whenever they go out to make certain, for example, that they are out of the strip clubs by 9 PM.
Much as I hate the Patriots, they sure know how to run a team.

Somehting many other franchises (are you listening Jones?) need to learn.

Last edited by LargeKingCat; 01-02-2013 at 06:32 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 01-02-2013, 06:50 PM

9,114 posts, read 15,671,846 times
How do you feel about wives of patriot players who run their mouths?

(Giselle's post Super Bowl rant last year)

Old 01-02-2013, 07:01 PM

27,093 posts, read 5,897,864 times
Yes, she was wildly inappropriate...
(and she doesn't deserve Tom Brady )

Bet he had a serious talk with her after those comments-even some Pats mentioned how offensive it was...

I like the Pats! The coach/mgmt do a good job...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post

Old 01-02-2013, 08:02 PM

3,722 posts, read 3,879,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post

It was a heat of the moment thing.

Jerry Jones can learn a lot from Bob Kraft on how to run a football team. You pay people to coach and make personnel decisions. Look at the results. Since 1996, the Cowboys have what, 2 playoff wins? No other NFL team has been more consistent than New England has over the last decade.

Old 01-03-2013, 06:27 AM

11,723 posts, read 11,546,947 times
There are some teams that run tighter ships than others and I like that, the no nonsense approach. I've always thought the Patriots were at the top of the list in "our way or the highway" approach.

Greg Jenning's sister went on a twitter rant Sunday and Greg said PR guy for Packers got him right after the game as soon as he came out of the locker room. He had a great game, 2 TDs and she was ripping on Rodgers for not throwing to him.

Finley is the motor mouth for the Packers but overall not much bulletin board material coming from them.

Old 01-03-2013, 09:47 AM

2,999 posts, read 3,156,728 times
Go Pats!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-03-2013, 10:07 AM

5,763 posts, read 9,746,473 times
I doubt anyone would let Romo go including the Patriots had they him and not Tom Brady. There is a huge shortage of QBs in the league. There are only about 15 real good franchise QBs and Romo is one of them. He isnt Rodgers or Brady but he is still better than a majority of the other QBs in the league. A solid franchise QB is a rare commodity and letting one go when getting another would be difficult is a huge mistake. The Cowboys have a lot more issues than at QB. Romo has proven he can play but a QB can only do so much.

Old 01-03-2013, 10:32 AM

16,525 posts, read 20,972,483 times
I've said this before on a couple different threads and I'll say it here: As long as Bill Belichik and Tom Brady are on the same side, they will always be in contention, particularly come playoff time. Example:

Last years AFC Divisional playoff game against Denver. 45-10 New England thrashing the Broncos.

Tom Brady-137.6 QB rating, 26 out of 34 for 363 yards. Rushed for 146 yards. Solid stats.

But here is the key stat. 3 out of 6 in 3rd down situations. Small numbers there? You bet, that's what you want. They gained 510 yards total offense while being put in 3rd down position just 6 times. In other words, they were moving the ball at will.

I always had a lot of respect for this club. Always. And if Denver indeed meets the Patriots in the playoffs that Belichik mind will be working overtime for the game plan. You can count on it.

Old 01-03-2013, 12:32 PM

6,981 posts, read 4,456,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
As much as I despise the Patriots, and make no mistake, if I hate any thing or any team for real it would be them, I have to say, the people that run the team do a good job.
Consider: They always end up at or near the top and rarely miss the playoffs, they have a solid success as a franchise

BUT wait.....

I was thinking of this when I was watching the Cowgirls screw up another season Sunday Night.
Someone like Romo would have been let go when he failed to produce year after year. The Patriots have a known track record of not wasting time on futility, and will glad let someone go when they are no longer useful.

We seem to never hear too much of the mouthing off from Patriot Players, something to do with the way Bilichek runs the team. they are paid to practice, play ball and not run their mouths. That sometimes means that they are not allowed to talk to the press. This keeps a lot of controversy OUT before it starts. They also seem to lack players who drink and drive and kill teamates, not to mention players who have to have security with them whenever they go out to make certain, for example, that they are out of the strip clubs by 9 PM.

Its called Culture. New England doesnt put up with too much nonsense.

Old 01-03-2013, 12:34 PM

6,981 posts, read 4,456,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post

BUT wait.....

Is Bill Belichick a genius, or is he just slightly better than the 2nd best coach?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football