U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 08:14 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,338,473 times

Advertisements

Don't understand how Webb could look so good in the first drive that lead to the Vikings fieldgoal and then look so bad the rest of the game. The Vikings have not come any closer to adding anymore points and will probably stay at 3 points for the night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2013, 09:25 PM

689 posts, read 338,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Don't understand how Webb could look so good in the first drive that lead to the Vikings fieldgoal and then look so bad the rest of the game. The Vikings have not come any closer to adding anymore points and will probably stay at 3 points for the night.
Yes I agree. Vikes got 10 but I wasn't expecting Webb to do so bad tonight in a game so important. He makes Ponder look great.

Old 01-05-2013, 09:27 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by VABlkCONSERV View Post
Yes I agree. Vikes got 10 but I wasn't expecting Webb to do so bad tonight in a game so important. He makes Ponder look great.

It looked the Vikings was going to have a easy night the way they marched down the field in that first drive. And then after that it was never the same and I couldn't understand why the Vikings got nowhere near the endzone.

Old 01-05-2013, 09:32 PM

13,300 posts, read 10,502,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_coli View Post
Note to HH: feel free to close and move this thread to the original. I'm just posting b/c I'm interested in the topic and it's closed for mod review, but no disrespect or nothing, bro.

AFC
Houston over Cincinnati. I think Houston's got major problems against pass-happy teams, but fortunately for them, I think they can take care of Cincinnati. I think it'll be close, but H-town's been good against teams that are just kinda 'so-so' on offense. They can outscore opponents if they can hold their opposition to under 25 points, and I think they'll accomplish that against Cincy. Texans 27-24.

Baltimore over Indy. I like the Andrew Luck and Pagano story as much as anyone, but it ends against Balty. The Ravens are too experienced and physical on defense to let a rookie like Andrew Luck shred them. I think it'll be a tough game for the Ravens, but they'll somehow emerge from it victorious. Baltimore 20-19. Tough one to call. Could go either way, but I got Balty.

NFC
I got Green Bay at home over Minny. I know they lost last week, but I don't think they were pulling out all the stops. And besides, Minnesota's not going to enjoy playing outdoors as much as they would playing in the dome. I got GB 27-17.

Sea-Tac vs. Skins? I got the Hawks in this one. I think their defense is freakin awesome. Major cover guys. They've played successfully against all types of offenses. Had no probs with Kaepernick and the 49ers offense, so I'm guessing they'll handle RGIII.

Wow! my picks exactly

Old 01-05-2013, 09:35 PM
FBJ

I like to see a road team win in the playoffs to make things interesting. It's very boring when all the home teams win in the playoffs since they are the teams usually favored to win.

Old 01-05-2013, 11:48 PM

518 posts, read 341,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Wow! my picks exactly
Was more confident about today's games than tomorrow's. I think the ones tomorrow are harder to pick. I worry about Seattle having to travel all the way to DC. It's a tough hall to make, going from West to East, because it affects circadian rhythms (laugh if you want, but it's real). I still think the Hawks find a way to steal this game, but it'll be tough.

I like Baltimore, but they're old and vulnerable. The problem is that Andrew Luck is spotty against really good defenses. I think Luck might have his moments, but in the end, the Ravens will squeak this one out. I think the Ravens victory will depend a lot on the offensive play. Rice Rice needs to touch the ball and Flacco needs a big game.

Looking ahead, I think the Pack are going to take SF in the Bay. New England will beat Houston.

Old 01-06-2013, 06:11 AM

11,724 posts, read 11,555,061 times
No 6th seeds for the SB this year. Last two years the 6th seed rode the momentum, went all the way. I'm thinking the Packers will play SF better than the 1st game this season, and not having the bye may be a good thing!

Old 01-06-2013, 11:23 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
No 6th seeds for the SB this year. Last two years the 6th seed rode the momentum, went all the way. I'm thinking the Packers will play SF better than the 1st game this season, and not having the bye may be a good thing!

I hope so because I do not want to see the Niners in the SB. Just feel right now that next week is their best chance to lose since Rodgers is the best QB remaining in the NFC playoffs. Go Pack.

Old 01-06-2013, 11:54 AM

2,533 posts, read 3,958,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I hope so because I do not want to see the Niners in the SB. Just feel right now that next week is their best chance to lose since Rodgers is the best QB remaining in the NFC playoffs. Go Pack.
The best remaining? How many have been eliminated so far? The backup from Minnesota?

Sure Rodgers is statistically speaking the best QB in the NFC playoffs but the Packers aren't the best team.

They'll get shut down in SF next week.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:07 PM

11,724 posts, read 11,555,061 times
We'll see, it will be a tough game but Packers can't be written off because SF beat them in September.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football