Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 03:14 PM

14,287 posts, read 14,527,838 times

Advertisements

My thoughts exactly, Lovie is a well respected coach, I think dealing with far more issues in Chicago than his coaching skills. It isn't quite like Dallas and Jerry Jones wanting control but I've always felt everyone in the Bears organization not necessarily on the same page, not the coaches fault.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2013, 06:37 PM

270 posts, read 259,321 times
They don't call it Black Monday because it is Tuesday for a hamburger on Thursday.

Old 01-04-2013, 07:52 AM

2,884 posts, read 5,621,866 times
Yes, most team owners aren't interested in winning, they just care about the color of the coach..
What a stupid thread..

Old 01-04-2013, 12:39 PM

2,313 posts, read 2,487,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
Yes, most team owners aren't interested in winning, they just care about the color of the coach..
What a stupid thread..
Why is it dumb? You have people like Wisenhunt, Haley or Norv Turner getting all types of jobs but when a black head coach gets fired it seems like it takes years for him to get another interview. (Dennis Green, Jim Caldwell etc). Its just an observation.

BTW I did hear that Lovie may be getting an interview with San Diego and/or Buffalo.

Old 01-04-2013, 12:51 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,771,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma5cmpb View Post
Why is it dumb? You have people like Wisenhunt, Haley or Norv Turner getting all types of jobs but when a black head coach gets fired it seems like it takes years for him to get another interview. (Dennis Green, Jim Caldwell etc). Its just an observation.

BTW I did hear that Lovie may be getting an interview with San Diego and/or Buffalo.
Norv Turner has pictures of owners doing crack or prostitutes, he has to.

Ray Horton might get a job this year, but Lovie Smith will for sure, if its the one he wants.

Old 01-04-2013, 01:03 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,929,084 times
I'd certainly entertain the option of Lovie Smith being the head coach of the Cleveland Browns. Though it seems as if the new Browns brass is high on Chip Kelly.

Old 01-04-2013, 01:43 PM

25,742 posts, read 16,359,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
What a stupid thread..
Keep in mind that the NFL had to put rules in place so that black coaches at least had to be interviewed. Before that it was an all-white good old boys club. So I would say that this thread is NOT stupid.

I'm sure Lovie will not interview unless he is assured he has a chance at the job, so he's not used as an owner's black interview to satisfy the rule.

Old 01-04-2013, 02:47 PM

2,313 posts, read 2,487,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Keep in mind that the NFL had to put rules in place so that black coaches at least had to be interviewed. Before that it was an all-white good old boys club. So I would say that this thread is NOT stupid.

I'm sure Lovie will not interview unless he is assured he has a chance at the job, so he's not used as an owner's black interview to satisfy the rule.
Good point. I think that the Rooney rule is a sham. Horton will probably get interviewed by every team looking for a head coach lol.

Old 01-04-2013, 03:12 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,007,184 times
Quote:
Horton will probably get interviewed by every team looking for a head coach lol.
He may not.

He seems to be on the fast track with the Cardinals. Smart coach, great guy, VERY popular with the fans. He's had two extensive interviews and it's entirely possible he could be signed as HC before he goes on the interviewing tour.

Old 01-04-2013, 03:37 PM

1,969 posts, read 3,579,424 times
Quote:
And now Todd Haley is getting interviewed in Arizona. Wow!

Hey, Todd Haley is well known to enjoy Lil Wayne concerts. So, that has to count at least half.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football