U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 06:01 AM

570 posts, read 494,526 times

Advertisements

So now we hear all those idiots who critized Cutler for leaving the nfc C. game with a knee are saying that RG3 should have left the game...these idiots or so called pros and idiot fans sound dumber and dumber...
RG3 may be out 1 year with the injury...
the Bears did the right thing with cutler...
[ex players who are sounding stupid, tom jackson, shannon sharp,sting etc]]

Last edited by Bugsbunny7; 01-08-2013 at 06:34 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2013, 06:37 AM

9,114 posts, read 15,684,436 times
There is a lot of hypocrisy going around now, I'll give you that....

This mess will be scrutinized for a long time to come.....

-Difference between injured and playing hurt
-Did the QB bully the head coach into making the wrong decision
-What is the role of the team doctor?
-the difficulty of making a decision when you are in the situation that none of us here can relate to...

All these things are in the mix.....

Old 01-08-2013, 07:07 AM

11,724 posts, read 11,561,574 times
I didn't realize he had knee issues in college, surgery, something about this is just wrong.

Old 01-08-2013, 07:10 AM

9,114 posts, read 15,684,436 times
Agree 100%. I'm holding off total judgement until a clearer picture comes out. There is alot of emotion on both sides of the issue...alot of sports talk I'm hearing on sirius backs Shanny, but the everyday joe cannot understand why he was left in there for so long...

Now you here they couldn't even determine the extent of the injury because of a prior knee injury.....huh? didn't even know he had a prior knee injury....

Feel bad for RGIII in a way because the rehab will not be pretty..going to take a long time I'd suspect...

Old 01-08-2013, 07:34 AM

11,724 posts, read 11,561,574 times
People point to AP, and what he accomplished, he was a man on a mission, wanting to prove he could do it and not done as a player. Everyone is different, Adrian Peterson is amazing and too early to say but previous injury may play a role.

This could have been avoided if they put Cousins in, he won games for them, he isn't unproven, he played this year. Of course, hindsight, shoulda, woulda, coulda, just a shame, young guy, whole career ahead of him.

Old 01-08-2013, 07:36 AM

10,136 posts, read 11,660,928 times
He really hurt his knee on a freak accident, which probably could be blamed more on the condition of the field. Even Chris Clemons from Seattle had an ACL and meniscus tear in the same game, which came from zero contact. The real issue is why did he leave him in the game with his performance. It appeared that he was indeed bothered by the previous injury. When he made the 9 yard run in the 3rd quarter it was clear that he could run without a noticeable limp and he was simply ineffective offensively since the team didn't gain too many yards after the first quarter. If it were me, that 9 yard run would have been the straw that broke the camel's back, get him out of the game.

And just to add on, there is a radio personality with connections to the organization that is stating that he actually tore his ligaments a few weeks ago and they were told by doctors that they could put a brace around his knee to keep his knee from having further damage. Take that with a grain of salt, but I'm wondering how much ground that story will gain.

Old 01-08-2013, 07:38 AM

10,136 posts, read 11,660,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
Agree 100%. I'm holding off total judgement until a clearer picture comes out. There is alot of emotion on both sides of the issue...alot of sports talk I'm hearing on sirius backs Shanny, but the everyday joe cannot understand why he was left in there for so long...

Now you here they couldn't even determine the extent of the injury because of a prior knee injury.....huh? didn't even know he had a prior knee injury....

Feel bad for RGIII in a way because the rehab will not be pretty..going to take a long time I'd suspect...
Tore his ACL in college, but a doctor pointed out on the radio that Shanny is lying because he just had an MRI a few weeks ago, so they could have easily used those instead of just getting another one.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:15 AM

139 posts, read 115,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
There is a lot of hypocrisy going around now, I'll give you that....

This mess will be scrutinized for a long time to come.....

-Difference between injured and playing hurt
-Did the QB bully the head coach into making the wrong decision
-What is the role of the team doctor?
-the difficulty of making a decision when you are in the situation that none of us here can relate to...

All these things are in the mix.....
I agree, a lot of hypocrisy and the biggest hypocrites are those former players mentioned. Give me a break. Walk in another man's shoes why dont you? And they havent, because they are not the player in question.
It was suggested to me that RG said he could play. Thats not an excuse if thats the one they are using. He's a rookie and cooler heads should have prevailed. Those guys say they can play no matter what some times. They are high on adrenaline. Heck, I saw Tony Romo turn and try to go on the field with a broken collarbone until a quick trainer on the side line grabbed his shirt and pulled him back. I saw Brett Favre sneak out with a concussion years ago.
You make good points here Jack.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:16 AM

9,349 posts, read 5,577,302 times
RG3 is a young kid with the heart of a warrior. He was not going to take himself out of the game, and it wasn't his business to. With RG3 being the leader he is, if he can walk, he's going to play.

Its up to Shanny and the coaching staff to pull him. I honestly expected to see Cousins come out in the second half. I understand that Shanny consults with his medical staff, and if they say Robert is good, then Shanny will roll with it.

But it was quite obvious that RG3 hurt his team, and has left Redskins fans playing "what if." The Redskins were winning at halftime. What if Kirk Cousins came out in the second half and was able to at least string a few field goal drives together, giving the defense time to rest.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:46 AM

6,569 posts, read 10,296,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsbunny7 View Post
So now we hear all those idiots who critized Cutler for leaving the nfc C. game with a knee are saying that RG3 should have left the game...these idiots or so called pros and idiot fans sound dumber and dumber...
RG3 may be out 1 year with the injury...
the Bears did the right thing with cutler...
[ex players who are sounding stupid, tom jackson, shannon sharp,sting etc]]
I wouldn't even compare Cutler and RG3. Cutler was caught walking around Hollywood without a brace and no noticeable limp 4 days after his "knee injury."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football