Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 11:52 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,031,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
Honestly, I think Kaepernick is the best quarterback that the 49ers have had since Steve Young. Keep in mind though, the 49ers got to the Championship game last year with Alex Smith, so you wonder how much of this success has been the supporting cast around these quarterbacks, and how much of it has been Kaepernick. Don't get me wrong, I think CK is excellent, and he's very exciting to watch, ala RGIII. But, keep in mind, Alex Smith had a quarterback rating of over 100% before he went out with a concussion, so I certainly give credit to the 49ers being a complete team in my opinion.
yes, Alex had a QB rating of 104 before the injury. CK has a similar QB rating (98) but with the added running dimension.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2013, 07:50 AM

27,074 posts, read 11,734,103 times
Well, The K did it again....

Looking forward to a very exciting SB!

Old 01-21-2013, 08:59 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,112,140 times
I asked this question in the official thread but see this may be the better thread....

"Did I see on tv last night that this Kaepernick said he was retiring at the end of this season? I've never seen the guy so I don't know who I was listening to say that."

If this guy is a rookie, I doubt it was he to whom I was listening.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:00 AM

858 posts, read 1,141,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCLL View Post
Kaepernick although similar to those QBs (Vick, RGIII and Wilson) can quickly separate himself from that pack by doing something special and winning the Super Bowl. Right now he's on a team that is very capable of doing that. If he were to do that, than the conventional QB as we know it would evolve into a new breed for a winning formula. Kaepernick totally dominated the Packers defense with his running, they didn't have an answer to stop him. That said, he's not one dimensional, he can do just as much damage with his arm, by making big plays.

Going all the way and winning the Super Bowl will not be an easy task, but should he lead them to a Vince Lombardi Trophy, I can assure you that NFL franchises will be looking to draft the next Kaepernick.
Kaepernick certainly proved yesterday that he can also do damage with his cannon and get job done. He had 181 yards rushing against the Packers but only had 21 vs the Falcons, but the threat of his running keeps defenses on their toes and honest. I would think thats a major factor why the 49ers are favored in the Super Bowl vs. the Ravens.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:03 AM

858 posts, read 1,141,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I asked this question in the official thread but see this may be the better thread....

"Did I see on tv last night that this Kaepernick said he was retiring at the end of this season? I've never seen the guy so I don't know who I was listening to say that."

If this guy is a rookie, I doubt it was he to whom I was listening.
Not Kaepernick, but rather Tony Gonzalez from the Falcons, looks like you were having too much of a fun time LOL

Old 01-21-2013, 09:23 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,112,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCLL View Post
Not Kaepernick, but rather Tony Gonzalez from the Falcons, looks like you were having too much of a fun time LOL
Thank you, RCLL. LOL, no, not having fun, (hubby passed) just watching by myself but that 2nd glass of wine musta been a doozey!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football