U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 02:06 PM

27,093 posts, read 5,928,749 times

Advertisements

As some of you know, I enjoy pro football but still learning....

This year was particularly SENSATIONAL for some of the rookies....especially the QBs RGIII and R Wilson...but the K!! I don't remember such a year before, although surely rookies surprise and delight each year.

The 49ers game vs Packers was exciting anyway but Kaepernick was on fire, so thrilling to watch him in action! What a superb athelete....and so young.

Some QBs run the ball, but has there been anyone like him in the past???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2013, 02:15 PM

9,114 posts, read 15,680,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post

This year was particularly SENSATIONAL for some of the rookies....especially the QBs RGIII and R Wilson...but the K!! I don't remember such a year before, although surely rookies surprise and delight each year.

The 49ers game vs Packers was exciting anyway but Kaepernick was on fire, so thrilling to watch him in action! What a superb athelete....and so young.

There definitely is some juice w/all these rookies and he is exciting to watch, but no one knows if he'll survive or be successful long term in the NFL. He has all the tools IMO...To me, its easy to do it for a game, or even 1 magical season....

I'll be more impressed if these guys can continue to impress for years to come.....

Old 01-14-2013, 03:03 PM

8,115 posts, read 17,337,266 times
Technically, Colin K is a 2nd year player, and will not be in consideration for Rookie of the Year balloting, but I was thinking about how you are on the verge of major generational QB transition, seeing the older veterans Manning and Brady playing now, and they won't be around much longer. Thankfully, they are going to be replaced by QBs that look better than ever. As for myself, as much as RG III and Luck grabbed headlines, after what I saw yesterday I think its Russell Wilson. I don't know how much better you can play the position than him, and I don't care if you are a rookie or a 7 year veteran. How many other QBs this year had a better year than him? Maybe Brady? Maybe Rodgers? At the very least, I think he deserves the Pro Bowl nod over Griffin, and that's taking nothing away from RG III.

Old 01-14-2013, 03:14 PM

8,115 posts, read 17,337,266 times
Quote:

I think when it comes to prognosticating the future, there's certainly never been anyone like him in the past. To wit, a letter he wrote to himself in the 4th grade:

Old 01-14-2013, 03:17 PM

570 posts, read 494,283 times
I would take him over peyton rodgers brady...hes the best out there...

Old 01-14-2013, 04:13 PM

Thanks! I heard about the letter but hadn't seen it...wow!

Some dreams, with hard work, really do come true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
I think when it comes to prognosticating the future, there's certainly never been anyone like him in the past. To wit, a letter he wrote to himself in the 4th grade:

Old 01-14-2013, 04:15 PM

Oh right.... Guess I was thinking rookie since I had not heard of him and he is so young.

Whatever he is...he's a total package player...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Technically, Colin K is a 2nd year player, and will not be in consideration for Rookie of the Year balloting, but I was thinking about how you are on the verge of major generational QB transition, seeing the older veterans Manning and Brady playing now, and they won't be around much longer. Thankfully, they are going to be replaced by QBs that look better than ever. As for myself, as much as RG III and Luck grabbed headlines, after what I saw yesterday I think its Russell Wilson. I don't know how much better you can play the position than him, and I don't care if you are a rookie or a 7 year veteran. How many other QBs this year had a better year than him? Maybe Brady? Maybe Rodgers? At the very least, I think he deserves the Pro Bowl nod over Griffin, and that's taking nothing away from RG III.

Old 01-14-2013, 07:12 PM

17,579 posts, read 39,800,694 times
Obviously we don't have that many games to judge on, but Kaepernick seems to have be a better version of RG3.

Old 01-14-2013, 09:49 PM

9,349 posts, read 5,573,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
Obviously we don't have that many games to judge on, but Kaepernick seems to have be a better version of RG3.
You must not have seen many Redskins games this year, before Griffin got hurt.

Even if you only watch the first minute of the video below, you'll see RG3 can do everything Kaepernick does. Rocket arm, sprinter speed, smart decisions, deadly accurate.

RG3 Rookie Highlights 2012 (Weeks 1-17) - YouTube

Old 01-15-2013, 05:12 AM

5,630 posts, read 4,227,315 times
Quote:

TWO WORDS, Michael Vick!

He brought the same type of game when he entered the league about 10 years ago. Dynamic, fast, elusive, but things just didn't pan out for him. He has played at an elite level but for some reason or another he can't stay healthy... that will be the big hurdle for Kaep and all the new running QBs.. stay healthy.. (RGIII).. stay healthy..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football