U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 08:01 AM

786 posts, read 876,431 times

Advertisements

This game served only one purpose: to fix home field advantage for the winning team in January... when they play for reals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2007, 08:13 AM

1,920 posts, read 2,271,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shuke View Post
This game served only one purpose: to fix home field advantage for the winning team in January... when they play for reals.
well, if the pats can beat them in a hostile House of Payton for a regular game, what makes you think that they wont try even harder for the AFC. Go colts of course, but Im convinced that only the 85 bears could have competed and won. Im a pathetic bronco fan....BUT MY OREGON DUCKS KEEP A ROLLING ALONG. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DUCKS

Old 11-05-2007, 08:16 AM

786 posts, read 876,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sberdrow View Post
well, if the pats can beat them in a hostile House of Payton for a regular game, what makes you think that they wont try even harder for the AFC. Go colts of course, but Im convinced that only the 85 bears could have competed and won. Im a pathetic bronco fan....BUT MY OREGON DUCKS KEEP A ROLLING ALONG. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DUCKS
Jeez. I'm a Pats fan, but even I recognized that with Marvin Harrison out, the Pats had an advantage. There were a few other key players out for the Colts, no?

Old 11-05-2007, 12:19 PM

270 posts, read 1,103,647 times
Shuke you are a very smart man!! you need to spread some of that wisdom to Patsfan

Old 11-05-2007, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuke View Post
Jeez. I'm a Pats fan, but even I recognized that with Marvin Harrison out, the Pats had an advantage. There were a few other key players out for the Colts, no?
I don't think Tom Bradys deal with the Devil is over yet, so no, I don't think it would matter. The NE coach would have a plan if those key players were in. I don't like it but I beleive it.

Old 11-05-2007, 01:14 PM

14,595 posts, read 22,448,133 times
It was a good game as far as the score board is concerned.

The Colts competed with the Pats and could have won. That's got to count for something.

Throw out the bad calls and the injured Colts that couldn't play and you've still got a classic AFC matchup that lived up to the hype.

My team sits in a pathetic conference that is the AFC West! The Broncos are hurting bad! I feel sorry for them. I'm seeing good things from the NFC this year but not on the level of the Colts and Patriots. Then again, once the playoffs begin, you control your own destiny.

Can the Bolts shock the Colts next week? I doubt it. I see the Colts bouncing back. Who wants to win the AFC West? The Raiders are starting to look pretty good!

Old 11-05-2007, 03:48 PM

3,003 posts, read 3,160,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Juicebox View Post
Shuke you are a very smart man!! you need to spread some of that wisdom to Patsfan

My wisdom is far beyond your comprehension, and Harrison would not have made that much of a difference. He would have had good yards, but would not have celebrated in the end zone. Take it from Patsfan the Magnificent, for I am omnipotent! Unlike some on the Colts team who seem to be, well............impotent.

Old 11-05-2007, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
My wisdom is far beyond your comprehension, and Harrison would not have made that much of a difference. He would have had good yards, but would not have celebrated in the end zone. Take it from Patsfan the Magnificent, for I am omnipotent! Unlike some on the Colts team who seem to be, well............impotent.
well omnipotent one, you have won the day. I have to agree with you. I must say that maybe missing some players could have made a difference, but it was equilized by the bad calls on the NE Pats. Give back the players, take away the bad calls and I think the Pats still find a way to win. I sure hope Colts can find a way to disapoint you in the AFC championship. I would like to see the 72 Dolphins stay the only undefeated team. It just makes the NFL more magic to only have one team in history to do it and it makes it exciting every year when teams go unbeaten for a while. In my heart, I beleive the corks will not be popping this year 72 Dolphins.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football