U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 12:41 PM

30,974 posts, read 19,204,373 times

Advertisements

The Patriots are playing really well right now, what happens if Brady goes out for the season?

If I were the Redskins I would have started calling blitzes and told my guys not to worry about late hit penalties. Ditto for Moss, anyone crossing the middle....

It was a REALLY stupid move of the Pats to do that....they have to be looking superbowl and late season injuries are perhaps thier biggest threat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2007, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
to Eric Mangina for giving the Pats their desire to destroy the league in such vicious ways. What we are witnessing people, is the best team to ever walk out on the field(all due respect to the '85 Bears), so sit back and enjoy(unless you are a Colts fan) its going to be a Super ride! Hey Eric, thanks again! GO PATS!!!!
It's 1/2 way through the season....it only takes one bad game to exit the playoffs early.....also plenty of time for key injuries. Suffice to say you are really taunting fate by claiming victory so early.

Old 10-30-2007, 12:50 PM

8,248 posts, read 13,508,062 times
I don't care if an NFL team wins the Super Bowl by a point! By the way, that would be nice to see!

But these Patriots have been surgical lately. They're like the San Antonio Spurs of the NFL. But not this year. Bill Belichick has found a way to keep that chip on the players' shoulder, so you've got to get him credit for that.

With the addition of Randy Moss, reputed locker-room cancer- the Pats offense attack is on the loose and you'd better watch out!

What impresses me the most is the job the Pats' O-line has been doing. Are they like the best ever? The game against Cut-That-Meat will answer some of those questions.

Prediction: 42-38 Pat's. But they will meet again for the AFC Championship. Maybe the Pat's will get a home game in that one. If that goes down, that's your SuperBowl Champs right there.

I am McGowdog and I approve this message.

Last edited by McGowdog; 10-30-2007 at 12:51 PM.. Reason: PS: I'm showing bias here because I really want to see the 72' Dolphins Alumni cork that Champagne!

Old 10-30-2007, 12:59 PM

3,046 posts, read 8,154,424 times
Any predictions on which defensive player is going to put the hit on Brady. I'm thinking either the Eagles game or the Ravens game

Old 10-30-2007, 01:02 PM

6,758 posts, read 7,184,948 times
Considering some of the stuff we have seen in the last few years (Ainesworth face stomping an opponent), I agree Belichek is not only being classless in running up the score, but he is openly exposing his players to that type of agression, and Brady will likely be the number one target of such aggression. No, its not right if anyone does it. But players get frustrated and do stupid stuff, and when you just rub the frustration in and keep your stars on the field when the game is long over, you are just setting yourself up for one of these moments. Maybe it will be minor, but you could see something major.

Old 10-30-2007, 01:13 PM

786 posts, read 128,097 times
I think BB is running up scores, embarrassing 300+ lb defensive players, coaches and their owners by pulling these antics because he is teed off about the penalty by Goodall..., who is basically employed by the 31 other teams in the NFL. He has got his panties in a twist and is getting "his revenge"... I mean how dare "THEY" fine ME!........ BB is saying "********* to the 31 other team owners...., 31 gazzillionaires.

Old 10-30-2007, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuke View Post
I think BB is running up scores, embarrassing 300+ lb defensive players, coaches and their owners by pulling these antics because he is teed off about the penalty by Goodall..., who is basically employed by the 31 other teams in the NFL. He has got his panties in a twist and is getting "his revenge"... I mean how dare "THEY" fine ME!........ BB is saying "********* to the 31 other team owners...., 31 gazzillionaires.
Good point.

With that said, BB is writing checks with his mouth that Tom Brady's body has to cash. ;-)

Who knows but I think they are playing with fire and the Pats have SO much at stake.

Old 10-30-2007, 02:38 PM

262 posts, read 28,305 times
Quote:
Any predictions on which defensive player is going to put the hit on Brady. I'm thinking either the Eagles game or the Ravens game
No one is gonna get a big hit on Brady unless they do it after the whistle blows the O-Line has only allowed like 5 sacks all year.

Old 10-30-2007, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfrench8456 View Post
No one is gonna get a big hit on Brady unless they do it after the whistle blows the O-Line has only allowed like 5 sacks all year.
Go back and read the earlier posts....that's what we are all talking about.
Running up the score is wonderful until someone on the opposing team decides to plant Brady (ala Jim McMahon and others) with a late hit.

I becoming more convinced this is a stupid, ego-driven move on BB's part and the pats fans should sober up from the big victories and partying like the superbowl is in the bag when it just takes that one snap, pun intended.

Old 10-30-2007, 04:21 PM

1,625 posts, read 1,838,496 times
I don't think anybody is going to put a "hit" on Brady, nobody wants to be "that" guy. The players seem to have respect for Brady and the Pats, its their coach they can't seem to stand for some reason. After the Colts get theirs, I believe BB calls off the dogs a bit more earlier in games. He is using this type of play right now as a headgame towards the Colts, and it is more than likely gonna work. Yeah everyone is right, there is alot more football to play, but you have to talk it up while you can. As Jerry Glanville would say, "this is the NFL, which means not for long". We'll just have to see what happens in the weeks to come, but isn't it exciting! Ain't the NFL grand! Lets go Pats, and I don't want you guys to ever let up. Keep pounding them!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football