U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 06:09 PM

3,675 posts, read 7,868,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The Patriots are playing really well right now, what happens if Brady goes out for the season?

If I were the Redskins I would have started calling blitzes and told my guys not to worry about late hit penalties. Ditto for Moss, anyone crossing the middle....

It was a REALLY stupid move of the Pats to do that....they have to be looking superbowl and late season injuries are perhaps thier biggest threat.
You are EXACTLY right! Joe Gibbs and the Redskins showed a lot of class, unlike Belliblah, not to do that. Regardless of the score, the L and whatever, I'm glad they didn't, I didn't want them to pickup the "dirty" rep. Playing dirty is not good for the game, no one wants to see anyone hurt but unfortunately, I can see this happening especially against the Jets or Ravens. To be honest, I didn't expect anything less from the Pats, they are a classless organization, it all starts with the headcoach, he has no class and it shows every week, in my opinion that is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2007, 06:59 AM

3,340 posts, read 12,689,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
I don't think anybody is going to put a "hit" on Brady, nobody wants to be "that" guy. The players seem to have respect for Brady and the Pats, its their coach they can't seem to stand for some reason. After the Colts get theirs, I believe BB calls off the dogs a bit more earlier in games. He is using this type of play right now as a headgame towards the Colts, and it is more than likely gonna work. Yeah everyone is right, there is alot more football to play, but you have to talk it up while you can. As Jerry Glanville would say, "this is the NFL, which means not for long". We'll just have to see what happens in the weeks to come, but isn't it exciting! Ain't the NFL grand! Lets go Pats, and I don't want you guys to ever let up. Keep pounding them!!!!
To use your own words, I think you may be a bit delusional. There are players in the NFL that will definitely put a hit on Brady if the situation presents itself. I'm not saying a cheap shot but a good clean "HARD" hit. Don't think for a moment that the NFL is coombaiya, group hugs and Tom Brady fans. My bet would have been Ray Lewis but he's hurt. Lets see what happens in the next couple of weeks.

Old 10-31-2007, 07:13 AM

786 posts, read 882,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exhdo1 View Post
To use your own words, I think you may be a bit delusional. There are players in the NFL that will definitely put a hit on Brady if the situation presents itself. I'm not saying a cheap shot but a good clean "HARD" hit. Don't think for a moment that the NFL is coombaiya, group hugs and Tom Brady fans. My bet would have been Ray Lewis but he's hurt. Lets see what happens in the next couple of weeks.
It was just such a hit by Mo Lewis that gave Tom Brady his big chance.

Old 10-31-2007, 07:15 AM

52,297 posts, read 42,074,784 times
The bottom line is that all of the Pats fans EXPECT a superbowl win at this point in the season and while Indy is no push-over....it's not guaranteed.

So basically, if someone creams Brady, Moss etc. or just cut blocks some of the key O-linemen and the injury roster starts to mount...we can revisit this thread and you can tell me what a genius BB was to "play head games" and run up the score. Personally, they are already playing great football....it's pretty dumb to risk something like that when you are already playing at the level you want to be at.

Oh well, pass the popcorn....the season is only 1/2 over.

Old 10-31-2007, 07:29 AM

3,340 posts, read 12,689,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shuke View Post
It was just such a hit by Mo Lewis that gave Tom Brady his big chance.
Yes he did and it was Drew Bledsoe who came back in the 2001 championship game after Brady went out with an injury.

Old 10-31-2007, 08:02 AM

270 posts, read 1,104,570 times
Ok My turn to chime in You all have this Pats team, that is good, crowned the "Best team ever"??????? no way they couldnt have hung with the old school bears or 9ers or Pack.

And again i say that I cant wait to come here on Mon and have fun talking about how the COLTS WON it will be grand.

Freeny was on Mike and Mike today and they have the perfect way to prepare for the game. It is the next game and we prepare just like every other game.

Just to let you guys know that the COLTS have beat the Pats the last 4 times they have met. So lets see how much of a head game it is now
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football