U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 10-30-2007, 03:46 PM
 
Location: Hampton Roads, VA
673 posts, read 2,917,989 times
Reputation: 325

Advertisements

Brett just proved to the world last night just WHY he will be in the NFL Hall of Fame in the years to come. He was having fun out there, you could see it in his eyes. He had his ups and downs but has proven that he has alot more to give! God Bless Brett Favre! I'm mad that I went to bed at halftime last night and missed the best part of the game!

 
Old 10-30-2007, 04:08 PM
 
39 posts, read 67,105 times
Reputation: 10
For his generation yeah i would say brett favre is the best qb from the 90's and troy aikmen is the 2nd best the rest would be joe montana. from the 80's not sure but from the 70's i say terry bradshaw was the best. nowadays i say brady and manning are the best qb's along with roethlisberger
 
Old 10-30-2007, 04:53 PM
 
Location: Beautiful Upstate NY!
13,819 posts, read 25,167,453 times
Reputation: 7615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wi_Girl View Post
Brett just proved to the world last night just WHY he will be in the NFL Hall of Fame in the years to come. He was having fun out there, you could see it in his eyes. He had his ups and downs but has proven that he has alot more to give! God Bless Brett Favre! I'm mad that I went to bed at halftime last night and missed the best part of the game!
LOL...I DID stay up...and then couldn't fall asleep until 3am! Greg Jennings was my WR in my ff league and I was losing 58-41 going into last night. I needed 18 points to beat him...and I got that on Brett's last play! I was pumped!
 
Old 10-30-2007, 09:05 PM
 
Location: Hampton Roads, VA
673 posts, read 2,917,989 times
Reputation: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
LOL...I DID stay up...and then couldn't fall asleep until 3am! Greg Jennings was my WR in my ff league and I was losing 58-41 going into last night. I needed 18 points to beat him...and I got that on Brett's last play! I was pumped!
LOL that is hilarious!!! glad you got your points!! If I would have seen the end of the game I probably would have woke up the neighborhood with my screams of excitement and joy and I know I would have NEVER fallen asleep!
 
Old 10-30-2007, 10:22 PM
 
Location: Tucson, AZ
1,697 posts, read 3,123,365 times
Reputation: 1535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wi_Girl View Post
LOL that is hilarious!!! glad you got your points!! If I would have seen the end of the game I probably would have woke up the neighborhood with my screams of excitement and joy and I know I would have NEVER fallen asleep!
This was the first Packer night game I saw since moving out west. I'm so glad I was here- the game ended about quarter to nine

I was furious with our D (even though had we lost the game it wasn't their fault) for giving up that last second FG to send it to OT. Brett and Jennings turned my frown upside down in no time. It struck me then (and not for the first time) how spoiled rotten us Packer fans are for having this guy for the past 15 years.
 
Old 10-31-2007, 01:53 PM
 
Location: Phoenix metro
20,005 posts, read 69,389,357 times
Reputation: 10115
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbound2day View Post
Favre is the greatest ever when you look at the record books.
Yep, he is the greatest....




...at throwing interceptions. Theres one for the record books!
 
Old 10-31-2007, 01:56 PM
 
1,640 posts, read 4,228,532 times
Reputation: 1002
Did someone just try to throw Rothlisberger into this argument? That's shameful!
 
Old 10-31-2007, 02:35 PM
 
Location: The 719
14,540 posts, read 22,406,075 times
Reputation: 13845
Broncos should have ran the ball in for a touchdown.

Signed, Shouldacouldawoulda.

Elway was better than Troy and right up there with Montana with the addition of an O-line and a running back.

Elway was better than Brett Favre in SuperBowl XXXII as he found a way to win. The next year, Dan Reeves forced Elway to beat the Falcons through the air and he torched them and left on the top of his game.
 
Old 10-31-2007, 02:41 PM
 
6,760 posts, read 10,428,253 times
Reputation: 2996
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post

Elway was better than Brett Favre in SuperBowl XXXII as he found a way to win. The next year, Dan Reeves forced Elway to beat the Falcons through the air and he torched them and left on the top of his game.

Not to take away from Elway's performance, but the Bronco's defense that year was phenomenal in the post season.
 
Old 10-31-2007, 03:13 PM
 
Location: The 719
14,540 posts, read 22,406,075 times
Reputation: 13845
Until Free Safety Steve Atwater knocked out himself, his companion Braxton (??) and the intended receiver.

One more chance by Favre and a pass almost intercepted by John Mobley and that's all she wrote.

But the determining factor in the game was John Elway's "Helicopter" move.

-still brings a tear to the Dog's eyes...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top