U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-01-2008, 03:14 PM
 
Location: Indianapolis
3,675 posts, read 7,844,030 times
Reputation: 2333

Advertisements

I don't know dude, Dallas was already a pretty good team last year. But if you look at the Browns and the Packers' records from last year vs. this year, those coaches have done an amazing job (Crennel and McCarthy). It would be very hard to pass up on those two for Phillips especially in the case of McCarthy, 2nd year coach took a 8-8 team to the playoffs as a #2 seed, that's pretty impressive.

I do agree with you on John Fox, he may get canned. The rumor in Charlotte is that Bill Cowher is a candidate for the Panthers. Who knows! We'll see. If they let Fox go, I can see him end up in Miami, he was on Parcell's staff in NY and they're good buds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-01-2008, 03:55 PM
 
Location: Indianapolis Indiana
1,115 posts, read 3,238,859 times
Reputation: 856
Cower says he is staying out for two years. We'll see. I think that all Fox was guilty of was suffering a series of injuries. I also think that Crennel's genius was stumbling onto a third string quarterback with a hot hand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2008, 06:49 PM
 
Location: The Great City of Macon
511 posts, read 2,286,822 times
Reputation: 122
My dissappointment would be that sorry man for a head coach up in New England.
I miss interpreted the rules, thats bs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2008, 09:18 AM
 
Location: Western Maryland
352 posts, read 697,533 times
Reputation: 301
Best NFL coach this year ...and any year..Joe Gibbs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2008, 09:41 AM
 
Location: Tucson, AZ
1,697 posts, read 3,124,494 times
Reputation: 1535
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVBurn View Post
Best NFL coach this year ...and any year..Joe Gibbs
My problem with that is that he spent too much of the season with his head shoved in a place where heads don't belong. He practically single-handedly snuffed out any chance his team had to win against Buffalo with his second time-out call. That's an unforgivable mistake for any NFL head coach to make, much less one that's been coaching since the 1820s. He was easily the coach of the month in December, and he did do very well to get that team into the playoffs all things considered. But I think there were other better candidates this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2008, 10:28 AM
 
Location: Harrisburg, PA
2,338 posts, read 7,011,133 times
Reputation: 1552
Cam Cameron - canned. I saw that one coming back in October! So he gets my vote for the worst.

As for the best, I'm not too familiar with NFL coaches. However I think Mike Tomlin is a breath of fresh air for the Steelers. Yeah, they haven't had the strongest season; but I think he's dealing them a healthy dose of discipline that Cowher neglected to give in the last part of his coaching. Yeah, yeah...Cowher took them to win a Super Bowl. But if anyone remembers that Super Bowl....hmmpf (there was bad penalty calling galore).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2008, 11:07 AM
 
130 posts, read 113,314 times
Reputation: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissShona View Post
Cam Cameron - canned. I saw that one coming back in October! So he gets my vote for the worst.

As for the best, I'm not too familiar with NFL coaches. However I think Mike Tomlin is a breath of fresh air for the Steelers. Yeah, they haven't had the strongest season; but I think he's dealing them a healthy dose of discipline that Cowher neglected to give in the last part of his coaching. Yeah, yeah...Cowher took them to win a Super Bowl. But if anyone remembers that Super Bowl....hmmpf (there was bad penalty calling galore).
Imo M. Tomlin was/is a bad choice. Given a team only one year seperated from the Super bowl and with a healthy team they only get a Wildcard? Cowher demanded and recieved ALOT of respect from his players every year. Cowher was winning games with a lousy budget for years. Tomlin has been given a golden opportunity and only a Wildcard to show fourth?
The Steelers screwed up by not hiring M. Singletary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2008, 12:06 PM
 
Location: Western Maryland
352 posts, read 697,533 times
Reputation: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb919 View Post
My problem with that is that he spent too much of the season with his head shoved in a place where heads don't belong. He practically single-handedly snuffed out any chance his team had to win against Buffalo with his second time-out call. That's an unforgivable mistake for any NFL head coach to make, much less one that's been coaching since the 1820s. He was easily the coach of the month in December, and he did do very well to get that team into the playoffs all things considered. But I think there were other better candidates this year.
Your points are valid but....as a lifelong Redskin fan and living in an area where Coach Gibbs is loved and respected..to us he is always "Coach of the Year".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2008, 03:46 PM
 
Location: The Great City of Macon
511 posts, read 2,286,822 times
Reputation: 122
I do to believe Tomlin was a bad choice, Pittsburgh should have invested in Dick LeBeau the defensive coordinator who I doubt will be there to much longer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top