Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 09:46 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times

Advertisements

The NFLPA is attempting to recoup $82,000 in a workout bonus between the Pats and Hernendez. I wonder if the Pats knew that Hernandez's workout regiment consisted of smoking PCP and shooting people?

NFLPA files grievance against New England Patriots over Aaron Hernandez workout bonuses - ESPN Boston

Old 08-28-2013, 09:16 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Probably the single most damning article thus far about Aaron Hernandez yet, this from an unlikely source, Rolling Stone magazine:
Aaron Hernandez: Patriots Tight End Violent Evolution | Rolling Stone

Alleges usage of PCP amongst other startling, disturbing allegations.
I just heard about this story tonight, thanks for the link. The Rolling Stone is actually a pretty good source for uncovering facts on a variety of topics, including sports.

This article is said to be quite damning of Belichek, who was willing to overlook everything about this guys past, and there was no way he didn't know according to those in the know.

Just win baby.

Old 08-29-2013, 12:24 AM

926 posts, read 1,256,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I just heard about this story tonight, thanks for the link. The Rolling Stone is actually a pretty good source for uncovering facts on a variety of topics, including sports.

This article is said to be quite damning of Belichek, who was willing to overlook everything about this guys past, and there was no way he didn't know according to those in the know.

Just win baby.
Yup. The Patriots gambled and lost. I hope they have to pay him the rest of his guaranteed money. He does have a baby. Also, one would think at some point Olden Lloyds' family probably will file a civil lawsuit against him.

Old 08-29-2013, 07:01 AM

1,483 posts, read 3,307,942 times
I hate hearing stories that someone lost their way because of a losing very important figure(VIF) in that person's life. While I say that, I acknowledge there are countless stories to confirm that I am wrong. Regardless, why can't that person act right in that VIF's memory versus having the house collapse. Just makes no sense to me.

And I hate hearing, blame the coaches because I feel that coaches are nitwits. We are talking about grown men...after 18 years old, your an adult and its time to deal with REAL consequences. As a former cop, I actually blame the cops that turned a blind eye to this fool. He should have been charged for many things, but to me, one of the first of many opportunties to stop a killer was charging him for sucker punching a bouncer versus allowing the coach handle the problem. That was not a learning moment, that was a crime...not a coach's problem to fix!!! Coaches are not public safety officers. My opinion is that the cops failed to protect the public from a criminal.

Old 08-29-2013, 11:47 AM

3,755 posts, read 4,801,691 times
Of course the Patriots had a good idea about Aaron's past. Every NFL runs a battery of tests/interviews/reviews of players before they draft them. By all accounts Hernandez was a good football who had people vouch for him and he himself even went out of his way to assure the Patriots he would fly straight. There's no way Hernandez was either not going to be drafted in a later round, which he was, or not signed by a team as a FA leading into his rookie year. The guy simply has too much talent for an NFL not to take a chance on him.

The Patriots are being smart and making him work to get the money owed to him. In the end I hope they're able to void all of, or a good portion of his contract.

Old 08-29-2013, 11:54 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,223,544 times
I don't blame the patriots in any way shape or form

However, I don't think they should be absolved from the losing component of the gamble

They played risk/reward .... they cashed in on the reward so much that they gave him a huge contract .... in NFL contracts very little is absolutely guaranteed, pay the cash to a trust or something that the courts will dictate and pretty much make it the Odin Lloyd family survival fund for when they clean this guy out at civil court

Also, the Pats should have to live with the salary cap impact - just like if they cut the guy for not performing, missing practices, DUIs or other legal violations .....

they took the gamble and it payed off when they got cheap peformance from a guy who was only available for that cost due to off the field concerns - so they clearly one that aspect

they doubled their bets by handing that player a big contract with a structure that could damage them if he didn't fly straight - this one they lost

Old 08-29-2013, 12:00 PM

9,824 posts, read 11,548,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbub22 View Post
I hate hearing stories that someone lost their way because of a losing very important figure(VIF) in that person's life. While I say that, I acknowledge there are countless stories to confirm that I am wrong. Regardless, why can't that person act right in that VIF's memory versus having the house collapse. Just makes no sense to me.

And I hate hearing, blame the coaches because I feel that coaches are nitwits. We are talking about grown men...after 18 years old, your an adult and its time to deal with REAL consequences. As a former cop, I actually blame the cops that turned a blind eye to this fool. He should have been charged for many things, but to me, one of the first of many opportunties to stop a killer was charging him for sucker punching a bouncer versus allowing the coach handle the problem. That was not a learning moment, that was a crime...not a coach's problem to fix!!! Coaches are not public safety officers. My opinion is that the cops failed to protect the public from a criminal.
As someone who has many Leo's in my family(specifically in south/midwest/eastcoast)That how they roll!
If you're a big time football player at a big time high school/College,Chances are you're going to get away with anything except murder.
I just herd the Author of,"Gangster in the huddle,Rolling Stones article" on the jim Rome show.The Author predicts(kinda like i did)that without the murder weapon there's no Case.

I think Bill Belcheck should be fined or reprimand for lying about knowledge of Arron Hernandez Drug use/Problems.
What a low life coach and organization
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football