U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Your favorite NFL team
Baltimore Ravens 1 0.30%
Buffalo Bills 7 2.08%
Cincinnati Bengals 6 1.79%
Cleveland Browns 10 2.98%
Denver Broncos 9 2.68%
Houston Texans 2 0.60%
Indianapolis Colts 10 2.98%
Washington Redskins 8 2.38%
Kansas City Chiefs 7 2.08%
Miami Dolphins 9 2.68%
New England Patriots 25 7.44%
New York Jets 11 3.27%
Oakland Raiders 4 1.19%
Pittsburgh Steelers 49 14.58%
San Diego Chargers 8 2.38%
Tennessee Titans 4 1.19%
Arizona Cardinals 4 1.19%
Atlanta Falcons 5 1.49%
Carolina Panthers 10 2.98%
Chicago Bears 19 5.65%
Dallas Cowboys 34 10.12%
Detroit Lions 6 1.79%
Green Bay Packers 19 5.65%
Minnesota Vikings 15 4.46%
New Orleans Saints 6 1.79%
New York Giants 11 3.27%
Philadelphia Eagles 12 3.57%
San Francisco 48ers 10 2.98%
Seattle Seahawks 9 2.68%
St. Louis Rams 3 0.89%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 2 0.60%
Jacksonville Jaguars 1 0.30%
Voters: 336. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-31-2008, 06:57 PM
Status: "Dow hits new high - over 27,000!" (set 3 days ago)
 
Location: Suburban Dallas
46,878 posts, read 37,036,075 times
Reputation: 28348

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanwannabe View Post
The Cowboys would kill the Texans! Although, I must admit, I would be cheering for the Texans. I kind of like that team. There's just something in my genetics that will NOT allow me to cheer for the Cowboys. Must be my Steeler upbringing and the fact that my blood pumps black & gold!
Now keep in mind one thing: The Texans play the Cowboys in the regular season every four years because of divisional rotation in the scheduling (the next time that happens is in 2010), but you can root for the Texans in the pre-season games and when they don't play your Steelers. All other seasons, they meet in the pre-season (the Texans won their last meeting 18-0). They'll have another pre-season meeting against the Cowboys this fall. And, no, the Texans are a team on the rise, so don't be surprised if the outcome is more close than you think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-31-2008, 07:00 PM
 
Location: Road Warrior
2,015 posts, read 5,006,370 times
Reputation: 798
Looks like them Florida teams ain't doing so well!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-31-2008, 07:21 PM
JJG
 
Location: Fort Worth
13,247 posts, read 19,182,274 times
Reputation: 7005
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerDuke08 View Post
Looks like them Florida teams ain't doing so well!
Just as long as the Miami Hurricaines still suck, I don't mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-31-2008, 09:32 PM
 
Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,309 posts, read 11,181,794 times
Reputation: 4916
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Now keep in mind one thing: The Texans play the Cowboys in the regular season every four years because of divisional rotation in the scheduling (the next time that happens is in 2010), but you can root for the Texans in the pre-season games and when they don't play your Steelers. All other seasons, they meet in the pre-season (the Texans won their last meeting 18-0). They'll have another pre-season meeting against the Cowboys this fall. And, no, the Texans are a team on the rise, so don't be surprised if the outcome is more close than you think.
Well, there's one thing you have to remember with pre-season games...Every coach plays their rookies and 2nd/3rd string players. They don't play their starters. Why would they risk injury to a key player in a pre-season game, ya know what I mean? So, not sure who the Texans had in when they won against the Cowboys 18-0, but I'm sure the Cowboys were not playing their starters. Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE to see the Texans open a can of whoop a$$ on the Cowboys And I DO cheer for the Texans when they aren't playing my beloved Steelers We are actually playing both Texas teams this year! Steelers vs Cowboys: Dec 7th, 4 PM and Steelers vs Texans: Sept 7th, 1 PM (1st game of the regular season). I should be living in Austin by the time we play the Cowboys. Anyone want to meet me out to watch the game and have some friendly wagers? I'll be the chick wearing the #43 white Steeler jersey!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-01-2008, 07:38 AM
Status: "Dow hits new high - over 27,000!" (set 3 days ago)
 
Location: Suburban Dallas
46,878 posts, read 37,036,075 times
Reputation: 28348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanwannabe View Post
Well, there's one thing you have to remember with pre-season games...Every coach plays their rookies and 2nd/3rd string players. They don't play their starters. Why would they risk injury to a key player in a pre-season game, ya know what I mean? So, not sure who the Texans had in when they won against the Cowboys 18-0, but I'm sure the Cowboys were not playing their starters.....

Agreed. The coaches do want to see who can make it and who can't. The established starters just get small time to warm themselves up. Definitely a chance to see what the younger players can do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-01-2008, 07:55 AM
 
Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,309 posts, read 11,181,794 times
Reputation: 4916
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Agreed. The coaches do want to see who can make it and who can't. The established starters just get small time to warm themselves up. Definitely a chance to see what the younger players can do.
I'm looking forward to seeing what Sweed (Longhorns) can do for the Steelers in pre-season. I think he was a great draft pick for us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2008, 08:45 PM
 
347 posts, read 855,412 times
Reputation: 236
Redskins fan here

Only two games count
the two "super bowls" we play against Dallas each year. We can go 2 -14 but if those two wins are against Dallas, it was a great year....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2008, 04:43 AM
 
Location: Indianapolis
3,675 posts, read 7,844,030 times
Reputation: 2333
Quote:
Originally Posted by plf86 View Post
Redskins fan here

Only two games count
the two "super bowls" we play against Dallas each year. We can go 2 -14 but if those two wins are against Dallas, it was a great year....
Amen brother!! Hail to the 'skins!!

P.S. Are you as nervous as I am about the 'Skins this year with all new coaches?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2008, 06:01 AM
 
Location: South Seattle Suburbs
3,350 posts, read 5,954,263 times
Reputation: 3528
Quote:
Originally Posted by plf86 View Post
Redskins fan here

Only two games count
the two "super bowls" we play against Dallas each year. We can go 2 -14 but if those two wins are against Dallas, it was a great year....
Haha! I feel the same way about my Packers. If we beat the hated Bears, 2-14 is OK.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2008, 10:48 AM
 
Location: Finally escaped from Philly ;-}
1,182 posts, read 1,322,887 times
Reputation: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by plf86 View Post
Redskins fan here

Only two games count
the two "super bowls" we play against Dallas each year. We can go 2 -14 but if those two wins are against Dallas, it was a great year....
I hear the same thing from my hubby who's an Eagles fan, lol. Go Cowboys!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top