U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Your favorite NFL team
Baltimore Ravens 1 0.30%
Buffalo Bills 7 2.08%
Cincinnati Bengals 6 1.79%
Cleveland Browns 10 2.98%
Denver Broncos 9 2.68%
Houston Texans 2 0.60%
Indianapolis Colts 10 2.98%
Washington Redskins 8 2.38%
Kansas City Chiefs 7 2.08%
Miami Dolphins 9 2.68%
New England Patriots 25 7.44%
New York Jets 11 3.27%
Oakland Raiders 4 1.19%
Pittsburgh Steelers 49 14.58%
San Diego Chargers 8 2.38%
Tennessee Titans 4 1.19%
Arizona Cardinals 4 1.19%
Atlanta Falcons 5 1.49%
Carolina Panthers 10 2.98%
Chicago Bears 19 5.65%
Dallas Cowboys 34 10.12%
Detroit Lions 6 1.79%
Green Bay Packers 19 5.65%
Minnesota Vikings 15 4.46%
New Orleans Saints 6 1.79%
New York Giants 11 3.27%
Philadelphia Eagles 12 3.57%
San Francisco 48ers 10 2.98%
Seattle Seahawks 9 2.68%
St. Louis Rams 3 0.89%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 2 0.60%
Jacksonville Jaguars 1 0.30%
Voters: 336. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 11:40 AM

55 posts, read 182,858 times

Advertisements

Cleveland Browns fan for life! This will be my first season as an "out-of-state" fan. I've already found the Browns bar in Tucson and already have met several Browns fans out here.

I'll be a Sunday Ticket customer for the first time. Can't wait until Week 2 when we put the loathsome, overrated, arrogant, Big-Bone Head #7 led Pittspuke Squeelers in their place.

Doug
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2008, 01:23 PM

3,675 posts, read 7,864,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furnier View Post
Cleveland Browns fan for life! This will be my first season as an "out-of-state" fan. I've already found the Browns bar in Tucson and already have met several Browns fans out here.

I'll be a Sunday Ticket customer for the first time. Can't wait until Week 2 when we put the loathsome, overrated, arrogant, Big-Bone Head #7 led Pittspuke Squeelers in their place.

Doug
Browns fans are great, loyal fans, I always enjoy hanging out with them, good people, I give you that. AND I'm not a Steelers fan, but you're talking smack about them and I don't remember the last time Cleveland was in the playoffs or beat Pittsburgh. I wouldn't be calling #7 overrated and name call them while they have 5 rings, are in the contention every year and your team couldn't make it to the play offs AGAIN! I'm not hating on Cleveland, I do enjoy Cleveland sports and I love the Cleveland fans on here (you know who you are ) but come on dude, you've gotta win some games before talking...... Just my 2 cents, what do I know, I am a Redskins fan!!! Cheers

Old 06-26-2008, 02:37 PM

It's just the nature of the rivalry. If you're a Browns fan you hate and badmouth the Steelers and TRUST me we receive the same treatment in kind from Steeler fans. My best friend in this world is a die-hard Steeler fan. We go at it all football season long.

Yep, the Steelers have had our number for a bunch of years now, but I really do believe the tide will turn this year and we will see if #7 is as good as his press this season...because the Steelers O-Line is in the worst shape it's been in since the late 80's. I respect (but loathe) those 70's Steelers teams as one of the best of all-time. The "One For The Thumb" a few years ago was a gift from the zebras.

If I run into a Steeler fan....I EXPECT trash talk, and I'm pretty sure they expect the same.

Doug

P.S. Ran into a really cool group of 'Skins fans when they played in C-Town back in '04.

Old 06-26-2008, 03:13 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,309 posts, read 11,205,036 times
Quote:
Can't wait until Week 2 when we put the loathsome, overrated, arrogant, Big-Bone Head #7 led Pittspuke Squeelers in their place.

Doug
I will meet you right back here on Sept 14th, say around 9:30 pm because the game will be decided by half time in Pittsburgh's favor! The Cleveland Clowns will choke again, as always!

Old 06-26-2008, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
Browns fans are great, loyal fans, I always enjoy hanging out with them, good people, I give you that. AND I'm not a Steelers fan, but you're talking smack about them and I don't remember the last time Cleveland was in the playoffs or beat Pittsburgh. I wouldn't be calling #7 overrated and name call them while they have 5 rings, are in the contention every year and your team couldn't make it to the play offs AGAIN! I'm not hating on Cleveland, I do enjoy Cleveland sports and I love the Cleveland fans on here (you know who you are ) but come on dude, you've gotta win some games before talking...... Just my 2 cents, what do I know, I am a Redskins fan!!! Cheers
Great post and someone who has some brains!

Last edited by TexasGirl@Heart; 06-26-2008 at 03:26 PM..

Old 06-26-2008, 03:26 PM

Quote:
It's just the nature of the rivalry. If you're a Browns fan you hate and badmouth the Steelers and TRUST me we receive the same treatment in kind from Steeler fans. My best friend in this world is a die-hard Steeler fan. We go at it all football season long.

Yep, the Steelers have had our number for a bunch of years now, but I really do believe the tide will turn this year and we will see if #7 is as good as his press this season...because the Steelers O-Line is in the worst shape it's been in since the late 80's. I respect (but loathe) those 70's Steelers teams as one of the best of all-time. The "One For The Thumb" a few years ago was a gift from the zebras.

If I run into a Steeler fan....I EXPECT trash talk, and I'm pretty sure they expect the same.

Doug
There is no way our O-line is in the worst shape it's been since the 80's! Are you on drugs?? We didn't win all the titles and SB with a terrible O-line.

We have a great WR package...Ward, Holmes and now Sweed whom we've just drafted!

What do you mean by the 1 for the thumb was a gift from the zebras? That was a hard earned SB...we went up against the Colts and Broncos ....NO-ONE and I mean, NO-ONE expected us to win all those games on the road to come back and be SB champions! Guess the Steelers had something different to say about that!

Where were you when we shut down the Browns in the SNOW storm...you didn't get one lousy point on the board ...I think the score was 42-0!!!

Stop doing drugs--come back to reality!! Black & Gold reigns SUPREME in the AFC North and will capture the title again!

Old 06-26-2008, 04:34 PM

909 posts, read 2,709,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post

ya thats why you "loyal" browns fans gathered up 8 votes! way to go! i mean compared to steelers 37 votes, thats pretty darn good! NOT!!

dang i just noticed that %15 of the voters are steelers fans. black and gold bayba!

Old 06-26-2008, 04:40 PM

See! THIS is why I badmouth the Steelers. 99 percent of Steeler fans are this arrogant and this misinformed.

You won the titles in the 70's.....in the 80's the Steelers were average. In large part due to a poor O-Line....and also due to a string of B-List QB's: Cliff Stoudt, Mark Malone & my favorite Bubbly Blistex. The Browns won 8 straight from the Squeelers in that era.

IMO, our receivers are better than yours: Braylon Edwards (Pro Bowl), Kellen Winslow (Pro Bowl), Donte Stallworth & Joe Jurivicious. Not to mention Pro Bowler Josh Cribbs (who just OWNED you last year) will be a large part of the offense this year as well as huge on Special Teams. Your Special Teams are rancid. Our O-Line just might be the BEST in the league....ask around. Our weakness is on defense, but we've upgraded there in the offseason with some nice free agency and draft additions.

This is typical of Steeler fans. They all think the NFL began in 1972 (conveniently forgetting that the Steelers were the NFL's losingest franchise for F O R T Y Y E A R S. They also like to pretend they didn't stink in the 80's. Also, you NEVER beat us 42-0 in a Snowstorm. Never happened. 43-0 on opening day in '99 in our expansion year yes.....then we beat you in Three Sewers later that same season on a last second field goal.

DWJ

Old 06-26-2008, 04:47 PM

909 posts, read 2,709,496 times
Quote:

Doug

P.S. Ran into a really cool group of 'Skins fans when they played in C-Town back in '04.

Doug, you have no idea what the O-Line is all about, they havent even played a pre season game and your gettin up tight on them! #7 happens to be the BIG BEN Roethlisberger, he is more valuble than your #3 (lets not mention his name cuz he is WAYY overated). and Big Ben can move, he breaks tackles like no other, so he doesnt need the best line in the world, but hes got the help he needs to succeed.

and your draft and off season sucked by the way because you got guys that are WAY to old to be proud of for the future! we got rashard mendenhall and limas sweed, donald dixon as well, (not like we needed him, we just got him so no one else would!). rooney is the best in the draft buisness

Old 06-26-2008, 04:50 PM

I can guarantee you one thing. Those "8" votes for the Browns are loyal Cleveland Browns fans though thick and thin.

How many of those "37" Squeeler votes are from frontrunners that would bail as soon as Pittspuke endured a few losing seasons?

How many of those "37" know ANY Steelers history outside of "We have 5 rings baby." Do you even know who John Henry Johnson is? I'd be willing to wager I know Steelers history better than you or about 35 of those 37 voters do.

DWJ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or