Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2013, 12:30 AM

402 posts, read 853,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
Skins fans - Any comment on last night's one point win over the Titans? YES- I KNOW that it was only a preseason game.
As you said, it is just preseason. But here's my analysis nonetheless.

1) RGIII, Alfred Morris, Pierre Garcon, DeAngelo Hall, and other starters didn't play.
2) Cousins didn't play much (need to keep him healthy) but he played very well. Royster and Helu Jr. ran the ball well for non-starting running backs.
3) Titans played their starters longer and they aren't a terrible team to begin with.
4) Pat White led a solid 80 yard game winning touchdown drive followed by a two point conversion.

There were plenty of things to work on- discipline (too many penalties, many senseless ones), they didn't force any turnovers, they gave up the big run to Johnson, they dropped a few passes, but I didn't see anything that caused me to start panicking. We'll see how things go in the regular season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2013, 11:52 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,011,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nva79 View Post
As you said, it is just preseason. But here's my analysis nonetheless.

1) RGIII, Alfred Morris, Pierre Garcon, DeAngelo Hall, and other starters didn't play.
2) Cousins didn't play much (need to keep him healthy) but he played very well. Royster and Helu Jr. ran the ball well for non-starting running backs.
3) Titans played their starters longer and they aren't a terrible team to begin with.
4) Pat White led a solid 80 yard game winning touchdown drive followed by a two point conversion.

There were plenty of things to work on- discipline (too many penalties, many senseless ones), they didn't force any turnovers, they gave up the big run to Johnson, they dropped a few passes, but I didn't see anything that caused me to start panicking. We'll see how things go in the regular season.

I don't have a good feeling about that Monday game vs the eagles since RG3 is not going to play one down until that game. I think he maybe rusty and I don't see the skins playing well on offense

Old 08-10-2013, 06:02 PM

3,859 posts, read 3,046,830 times
WPD - If last night's Eagles defense is any indication, the Skins won't need RG3 to win.

Old 08-10-2013, 08:53 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
WPD - If last night's Eagles defense is any indication, the Skins won't need RG3 to win.

Yeah they are so caught up in who will be the QB but it looks like it won't matter much since the defense is not that good

Old 08-12-2013, 05:51 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,661,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
Yeah they are so caught up in who will be the QB but it looks like it won't matter much since the defense is not that good
Anyone who takes a preseason game and tries to correlate that to the regular success is playing a fools game. The coaches are looking at rookies and seeing who can play, period.. nothing else means squat so if your starting QB comes in and throws a pick 6 BIG DEAL! its practice.. means JACK NOTHING!

Old 08-12-2013, 06:24 AM

3,859 posts, read 3,046,830 times
mco - We were able to watch the Eagles defense play on Friday - and it was NOT good at all - just as bad as last year. It's amazing how players can make it to the pros and NOT be able to tackle or have a lack of desire to tackle.
But YES - that was only week one of the preseason.

Old 08-12-2013, 02:29 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Anyone who takes a preseason game and tries to correlate that to the regular success is playing a fools game. The coaches are looking at rookies and seeing who can play, period.. nothing else means squat so if your starting QB comes in and throws a pick 6 BIG DEAL! its practice.. means JACK NOTHING!

Well here in Philly everyone was celebrating including the media when Mike Vick threw a 45 yd TD pass which is something he has always done before throwing a INT-lol

It's been confirmed he can throw TD's the big question is can he stop throwing Int's? And the only way to know that is when he plays in a regular season game more than one series

Old 08-15-2013, 12:41 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,540,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
And he got the contract after missing the playoffs 2 years in a row at the age of 32
They had no choice honestly. Nobody out there any better and the market was deciding this. His numbers proved that he was going to get paid regardless. THE(notice the emphasis) problem is not and has never been Tony Romo.

Old 08-15-2013, 12:46 PM

2,061 posts, read 3,737,126 times
Washington Redskins.......

1. Washington Redskins 11-5
2. New York Giants 9-7
3. Dallas Cowboys 8-8
4. Philadelphia Eagles 6-10

Old 08-15-2013, 12:49 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
They had no choice honestly. Nobody out there any better and the market was deciding this. His numbers proved that he was going to get paid regardless. THE(notice the emphasis) problem is not and has never been Tony Romo.

What do you mean they had no choice, they could have gave him a 3 year deal while they look for a QB in the draft.

A 33 year old QB receiving a 6 year deal and never accomplished anything is weird
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football