U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 04:15 PM

14,583 posts, read 22,426,770 times

Advertisements

I think the best record is gonna be from the NFC North or the NFC East.

Does Dallas want home games in the playoffs or to travel up to Green Bay?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2007, 06:56 PM

1,697 posts, read 3,124,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
I think that this Thursday's game will determine the better of the top two NFC teams and who will probably represent in SB IVII, or is it SB XXXXII.

Neither of those teams could beat the top 2 or 3 AFC teams. Green Bay could compete with the top 4 and 5 AFC team.

Dallas is a very good team FOR AN NFC team.
Okay- can we get off this AFC "superiority" kick? The Patriots are the best team in the NFL and they happen to be in the AFC. The Colts, IMO, are a shade better than the Cowboys and Packers right now, though I think they're clearly better when they're healthy. After you get past those two teams, though, no one in the AFC is anything special.

Old 11-29-2007, 06:13 AM

6,760 posts, read 10,433,547 times
Being that the lowly Eagles almost took out the Patriots, I wouldn't by any means consider them unbeatable by NFC teams. Some people get carried away that just because the Patriots are undefeated (while playing in the weakest division in the NFL) that they can't be beat.

As for tonights game:

Packers 38
Cowboys 27

Cowboys are good, and were better than the Packers in the first half of the season. The Packers have improved greatly though in the last 4 games and now have a running back that can get some yardage and add a dimension to the offense they did not have in the first 7 games of the season. Also, the 4 and 5 wide receiver sets will force some of the Dallas guys into coverage that aren't very good at it. I'm expecting both sides will have over 300 yards passing, and it should be a good game.

Old 11-29-2007, 09:52 PM
JJG

13,247 posts, read 19,185,053 times
HOW 'BOUT THEM COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!
Cowboys 37
Packers 27
11-1
NFC East: locked up
Playoffs: locked up
Next up, home field advantage......

Old 11-29-2007, 09:56 PM

21,641 posts, read 30,256,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
HOW 'BOUT THEM COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!
Cowboys 37
Packers 27
11-1
NFC East: locked up
Playoffs: locked up
Next up, home field advantage......
I am love'n it!!!!!!!! They gave me a few scares, like they always do....the Boys are back!!! Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!! I am sorry Brett got hurt.

Old 11-29-2007, 10:04 PM

Gotta say that I'm feeling pretty good about the Packers chances should they meet again in the playoffs. Left all the Cowboys fans wondering until 5 minutes left in the game. This was after:

Sloppy O-Line play the entire first quarter
Sloppy D-Line play the entire first quarter
Sloppy pass coverage the entire first 20 minutes
Down 27-10 in 2nd quarther
Charles Woodson OUT
KGB OUT
Mark Tauscher playing with a bad ankle
At least a half dozen obvious bad calls (late hits on Favre and Rodgers both where they looked to refs for flags and didn't get them, Al Harris mugged TO and refs gave it to Dallas, Greg Jennings face masked PF variety on touchdown catch and no call, one of the most horrendous pass interference calls I've ever seen, 15 second delay before flag was tossed, terrible no call on pass interference on Packers 3rd down play following series).

For me to still be feeling the Packers had a chance to win it after all that, gotta say I'm feeling real good about their chances should they be healthy in the playoffs, and the whole "if Favre ever gets hurt ya'll are screwed" thing is obviously not anywhere near the big issue most had thought. j

Congrats Cowboys, your D-Line is much better than I thought, your O-Line is much better than I thought, and your kick return special teams are much better than I thought. We will see you again in the playoffs.

Old 11-29-2007, 10:31 PM

613 posts, read 1,173,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbound2day View Post
Gotta say that I'm feeling pretty good about the Packers chances should they meet again in the playoffs. Left all the Cowboys fans wondering until 5 minutes left in the game. This was after:

Sloppy O-Line play the entire first quarter
Sloppy D-Line play the entire first quarter
Sloppy pass coverage the entire first 20 minutes
Down 27-10 in 2nd quarther
Charles Woodson OUT
KGB OUT
Mark Tauscher playing with a bad ankle
At least a half dozen obvious bad calls (late hits on Favre and Rodgers both where they looked to refs for flags and didn't get them, Al Harris mugged TO and refs gave it to Dallas, Greg Jennings face masked PF variety on touchdown catch and no call, one of the most horrendous pass interference calls I've ever seen, 15 second delay before flag was tossed, terrible no call on pass interference on Packers 3rd down play following series).

For me to still be feeling the Packers had a chance to win it after all that, gotta say I'm feeling real good about their chances should they be healthy in the playoffs, and the whole "if Favre ever gets hurt ya'll are screwed" thing is obviously not anywhere near the big issue most had thought. j

Congrats Cowboys, your D-Line is much better than I thought, your O-Line is much better than I thought, and your kick return special teams are much better than I thought. We will see you again in the playoffs.
word up...i was surprised at how close it was at the end..and im glad to see we have a quarterback when brett throws in the towel...but what the hell was wrong with harris tonight...i found myself screaming at him on quite afew plays...he could have played alot better...but even though we lost and a few scary and sloppy things happened...the packers showed alot of good things on both sides of the ball

Old 11-29-2007, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allah truth View Post
word up...i was surprised at how close it was at the end..and im glad to see we have a quarterback when brett throws in the towel...but what the hell was wrong with harris tonight...i found myself screaming at him on quite afew plays...he could have played alot better...but even though we lost and a few scary and sloppy things happened...the packers showed alot of good things on both sides of the ball
Harris was trying to play 2 positions at once. Having Nick Collins back was really great, but he still is not the force that Charles Woodson has been. I think Al just had more than he could cover, and I was very unhappy with some of the zones they called in the first quarter.

Anyway, as I said I think a fully healthy Green Bay can beat Dallas in the playoffs even in Dallas. If they would have played the first quarter like they did the second half, they would have won tonight.

Old 11-30-2007, 06:52 PM

1,697 posts, read 3,124,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbound2day View Post
Harris was trying to play 2 positions at once. Having Nick Collins back was really great, but he still is not the force that Charles Woodson has been. I think Al just had more than he could cover, and I was very unhappy with some of the zones they called in the first quarter.

Anyway, as I said I think a fully healthy Green Bay can beat Dallas in the playoffs even in Dallas. If they would have played the first quarter like they did the second half, they would have won tonight.
Yeah, going zone was not the way to go, although there wasn't much Sanders could do- Jarrett Bush doesn't even belong on an NFL roster, much less be trusted going man-up on the Cowboys' WRs.

There was a LOT of good that came out of last night's game. One is that I think McCarthy will resist the temptation to be so cute next time around in the big game. Rodgers showed us that our future is indeed very bright. Grant is such a beast- what a find! Jennings played well, as did Jones. The Pack could have easily wilted and lost the game by 4 touchdowns, but they showed tons of heart and guts. While I was impressed with the Cowboys, I didn't come away from that game feeling that they can't be beaten. The Pack is a team to be reckoned with...

Old 11-30-2007, 11:44 PM

18,638 posts, read 27,069,277 times
However, Dallas left some points on the board. The TO dropped INT and the Fasano dropped td pass. Going for it on 4th and 1 and using Julius Jones as our short yardage back when it should have been Marion. Green Bay could not stop the Dallas offense all night. When it was 27-10, Romo missed Witten on 2nd and 3rd down. If caught, the drive is extended, time is still running, Dallas still has a chance to get to 34 points or 30 points at the least before halftime. We did not execute efficiently in the 3rd quarter. But the 1st, 2nd, and 4th, we did.

Dallas offense stop executing and went complacent at the end of the 1st half. While GB did play inspired football w/o Farve and made a great comeback, I think Dallas helped them with being undisciplined, lack of execution, and not gameplanning for a scrambling QB. Make no mistake, the Packers success was on the scrambling ability of Rogers and Dallas did not gameplan for that. Rodgers extended drives due to his feet. Your opening drive I believe when you came within three was extended because Rodgers scambled for a first down. Heck, I think he extended your drive when GB was down 27-10 before Jennings (who's a heck of a receiver) got that long play. Rodgers coming in was actually a blessing in disguise because I think if Farve stayed in the game, Dallas blows Green Bay out because they had a perfect gameplan against Farve and it was working. He had a qb rating of 8 when he went out.

BTW, that pass interference was the correct call. The head official said it was the correct call. Even if there wasn't a PI called, the 5 yard contact rule should have been enforced because he hooked him while not looking back at the ball. Either way, there should have been a 1st down for Dallas. You have to make a play on the ball, he was clearly not doing that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football