U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 06:36 PM

325 posts, read 992,450 times

Advertisements

What an exciting game yesterday between the Steelers and the Browns. As a die hard Steeler fan it was tough to watch. I almost had a heart failure when Joshua Cribbs ran that kick off return back for a touchdown. Sheesh!!! I think I have mentioned in these threads before that I am not the biggest Big Ben fan, but I have to admit that he looked darn good yesterday. That 30 yard run was amazing. Then those late passes to Heath Miller. Im sure he will screw us over in the playoffs when it really counts. He has this tendency to throw INT's in the red zone. Whatever, for now I guess I should just be quiet and enoy it. It looks like we have an easy schedule for the rest of the way. Im thinking maybe 13-3 or 12-4 at worst. Im just going to assume that we lose to the Patriots and for some stupid reason Jacksonville always give us a headache. I hate Rashean Mathis btw.....but other than that we have some of the most pathetic teams in the league on our schedule...the Jets, Dolphins, Rams, Ravens and Bengals again.

We might be the second best team in the league. I think the race for second includes the Steelers, Colts, and the Cowboys. Im not really sold on the Packers despite their record.

It will be interesting to see if the curtain comes to play Dec 9th up in New England.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2007, 09:23 PM

1,697 posts, read 3,135,417 times
As a Packer fan, I know how tough those games can be as we've had some close calls this year ourselves, but it's better than losing them

That said, though- if you don't think the Packers are for real, you're not paying attention. They were beating teams in tough spots (on the road in Denver and KC in a 6-day span for example) when they were not playing their best, and now they are starting to find a respectable running game. Between that and knocking off the penalties, they are taking on the look of a scary good team. McCarthy has that team focused and locked in- they're buying what he's selling. Their 8-1 record is not an accident. They are evolving at a very rapid pace.

Old 11-13-2007, 03:33 PM

262 posts, read 227,078 times
the steelers look pretty good now but wait a couple weeks until they play New England there gonna look like a JV team.

Old 11-13-2007, 06:20 PM

3,675 posts, read 7,875,338 times
Packers are for real and they have a better record than the Steelers. Also, as much as I hate to admit this as a Redskins fan, the Cowboys are for real and they have a better record than the Steelers. Honestly, I think Pittsburgh is a great team but the jury is still out, give them a couple of more weeks. Right now, it's :

1-Patriots
2-Packers (can switch with Cowboys easily, it's a toss up)
3-Cowboys (see above)
4-Steelers
5-Colts

Old 11-13-2007, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
Packers are for real and they have a better record than the Steelers. Also, as much as I hate to admit this as a Redskins fan, the Cowboys are for real and they have a better record than the Steelers. Honestly, I think Pittsburgh is a great team but the jury is still out, give them a couple of more weeks. Right now, it's :

1-Patriots
2-Packers (can switch with Cowboys easily, it's a toss up)
3-Cowboys (see above)
4-Steelers
5-Colts
I'm not so quick to drop the Colts. They had a seriously banged-up team in San Diego the other night, coming off the ultimate "hangover loss" week, turned the ball over like crazy, and the Chargers still needed the rarest of gifts from Vinateri to win the game. Once they get their pieces back, they'll be fine, though losing Freeney for the rest of the season definitely hurts.

My top five, for what it's worth-

1) Patriots
2) Colts
3) Cowboys
4) Packers
5) Steelers

Old 11-14-2007, 01:19 AM

14,329 posts, read 19,624,167 times
== John Madden was in New England to announce a football game one weekend when he noticed a special telephone near the Patriots bench. He asked QB Brady what it was used for and was told it was a hotline to God. John asked if he could use it. Brady replied, "Sure, but it will cost you $200. " John scratched his head . then thought what the heck, I could use some help in picking games. He pulled out his wallet and paid the $200. John's picks were perfect that week.

The next week, John was in Indianapolis when he noticed the same kind of phone on the Colts bench. He asked what the telephone was for and Manning told him, " It's a hotline to God, if you want to use it, it will cost you $500. " Recalling the previous week, John pulled out his wallet and made the call. John's picks were perfect again that week.

Finally John showed up in Pittsburgh when he again saw the same kind of phone near the Steelers bench. He asked Ben Roethlisberger; " Is that the hotline to God ? "

Roethlisberger said, " Yes, and if you want to use it, it will cost you 50 cents. "

John looked incredulously at Ben and said,

" Wait a second, I just paid $200 in New England and $500 in Indianapolis to use the same phone to God ! Why do the Steelers only charge 50 cents ? "

Roethlisberger smiled and said,

" Because in Pittsburgh, it's a LOCAL call. Welcome to God's Country ! "

My teams:
Steelers
Patriots
Bears

Old 11-14-2007, 01:19 AM

325 posts, read 992,450 times
What is wrong with you people disrespecting my homeboy's so much. I'm totally sold on the Cowboys, but other than that the NFC is garbage compared to the NFC. If the Steelers had the confrence and division of the Packers they would be 7-1 too. The NFC is medicore at best in comparision to the AFC as has been the case for the last several years. The jury is still out on the Steelers???? Not really. They are good I happen to watch them every week. Our QB shoots us in the foot in between his flashes of greatness and thats what scares me.

I am not about to sit here and say the Steelers are going to beat the Pats, but to say they will look like a JV team is a bit inaccurate. Pats are going to get the best defense so far this year thrown at them. If the right Steeler team shows up we give them a tough game. That being said come playoff time all we can hope for is that the Colts do us a favor and beat the Pats like they did the year we won the Superbowl. I think if anybody is capable of pulling it off in the post season it is the Colts. The Pats, Colts, or Steelers mop the Cowboys in the Superbowl hands down. If anyone else gets there by accident the beat down will be even worse.

Old 11-14-2007, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesspolamalu View Post
What is wrong with you people disrespecting my homeboy's so much. I'm totally sold on the Cowboys, but other than that the NFC is garbage compared to the NFC. If the Steelers had the confrence and division of the Packers they would be 7-1 too. The NFC is medicore at best in comparision to the AFC as has been the case for the last several years. The jury is still out on the Steelers???? Not really. They are good I happen to watch them every week.
Are you kidding?? The Steeler's two losses are to Arizona (yes the Cardinals who are 4-5) and Denver (also 4-5 and terrible). So yes, I'm picking the Packers and Cowboys ahead of them, the Cowboys only loss is to the Patriots. The Steelers need to keep playing the way they are right now for a couple of more weeks to show some consistency, then I'll be a believer. Have you even watched the Packers play this season? They are for real.

Old 11-14-2007, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb919 View Post
I'm not so quick to drop the Colts. They had a seriously banged-up team in San Diego the other night, coming off the ultimate "hangover loss" week, turned the ball over like crazy, and the Chargers still needed the rarest of gifts from Vinateri to win the game. Once they get their pieces back, they'll be fine, though losing Freeney for the rest of the season definitely hurts.

My top five, for what it's worth-

1) Patriots
2) Colts
3) Cowboys
4) Packers
5) Steelers
I agree with you 100%. The Colts are a great team but right now after two losses, I just can not put them at #2. If they can get some of their injured players back and play well against KC this weekend, then I would say yes. So, my point was for "right now", but you do have a great point. I'm worried about the Freeney injury, sounds bad.

Old 11-14-2007, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesspolamalu View Post
What is wrong with you people disrespecting my homeboy's so much. I'm totally sold on the Cowboys, but other than that the NFC is garbage compared to the NFC. If the Steelers had the confrence and division of the Packers they would be 7-1 too. The NFC is medicore at best in comparision to the AFC as has been the case for the last several years. The jury is still out on the Steelers???? Not really. They are good I happen to watch them every week. Our QB shoots us in the foot in between his flashes of greatness and thats what scares me.
A few things on this:

1) You claim we're "dissing your homeboys", yet you call my Packers garbage. Hmmm...

2) One of your Steelers' losses was in Denver. The Packers didn't lose that game. So, right there your assertion that the Steelers would also be 8-1 if they were in the NFC North is bunk.

3) The Packers are 3-0 against the "superior" AFC West

Am I saying the Packers are the bestest, or even better than the Steelers? No. But, don't whine about perceived disrespect and then casually turn around and dismiss a good 8-1 team that you obviously know nothing about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football